Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Good morning,
    Sampling Onda EdP last night, I concluded I don't need it. I also put a dab of the extrait on the other wrist. Still, I do have cough drop associations... I know this is unfair to say, but it's not meant to perfume THE Larimar
    Anyway, today it's Vol de Nuit (one could mean I was restricted to a rotation of only 5 or so fragrances) with an extra spritz on top for extra sillage. I did want to smell myself today. (have you realised that this is one of my fave smilies?).
    Blue sky and 15+ degrees (C, mind you!) - have a great day!

Default Re: SotD Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Good morning everyone In a rush,but hoping you all have a great day! Sotd is Mitsouko. Feeling good

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    Good morning everyone In a rush,but hoping you all have a great day! Sotd is Mitsouko. Feeling good
    Smelling good too, inees .

My SotD is Trumper GFT.

Good morning Ladies and Gents,

Serge Lutens Sa Majesté la Rose.

Best to all!

Basenotes Institution

Hello everyone ! Have a safe and a happy day .
    Wearing Beyond Paradise by EL .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Hello all. I am having a Guerlain week, today I am wearing Liu older none reformulated version.
    DONNA

Morning! I am inexplicably scatty today, perhaps eating something would be a good idea. Managed to try a sample instead of one of my old faithfuls, though; Bas de Soie happened to be lying around on top of the glass cabinet and I've been thinking about iris lately, anyway. I have no iris in my wardrobe. I think I may need an iris fragrance.
    Bas de Soie is lovely, by the way; cool, elegant, cerebral, I enjoy the hyacinth and that slight, green edge it has very much. I'm not smitten, but I like it a lot.

Third day of my YSL week and I have chosen Cinema.
    Warm, creamy and sweet with notes of clementine, amaryllis,
    peony, sambac jasmine,almond blossom, cyclamen, vanilla, benzoin,
    musk and amber.

This is YSL's non-showy, people-pleaser scent (composed by
    Jacques Cavallier in 2004) I believe it was also Tom Ford's last perfume project
    before he left Gucci that same year.

Sillage is average and it lasts for around four hours. A superior version of the
    ubiquitous fruity floral.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Hi all,

Not a good day: haven't slept much, huge migraine and I have to pick DD up in an hour, so no time to recover... I hope at least the migraine goes away (already took painkillers)...

Wearing No.5 EdP... Lightly...

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Histoires de Parfums 1740 (Marquis de Sade).

Top notes: bergamot and davana sensualis
    Middle notes: patchouli, coriander and cardamom
    Base notes: cedar, elemi, leather and labdanum

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Personal weeks of wearing fragrances from the same house? New trend? Some other discussion group incentive?

I am not sticking to anything, wearing Caron Or et Noir. Let'em stick to me today!

Had a funny fragrant episode at work -- I work with older folks and I smelled some aldehydes last night. "What is it, your fragrance, Ms.D?" -- "Paris" -- "YSL Paris?" -- "No, Paris France" (this 92 year old's signature is normally Tabu, but it was not Tabu last night). Still working on it.
    Last edited by Twolf; 30th March 2011 at 10:52 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Continuing my exploration of Bourbon French Parfums, today it's Kus Kus. Charming, fluffy-powdery, with a nice hit of heliotrope. Yet it isn't all that sweet; in fact it has a dryness that I think would make it a comfortable choice for warmer weather, too.

A good day to you all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

SOTD Hillary Duff with Love

Hello all. JHAG Calamity J today.

Nobile 1942 Patchouli today. From a sample. I like this a lot - it's not dirty headshop hippie patchouli (wihich I do like also), it's brighter, lighter, wonderful, but it doesn't last on me. Perplexing because usually patchouli is really persistent, it will be the last man standing in almost any mixture, but this stuff that is all-patchouli evaporates away?

Givenchy Gentleman.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Wednesday, 30 March 2011

LUCIEN FERRERO'S

LE VETIVER

L U B I N
    PARIS
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Twolf, Paris France eh?! Well, that narrows it down! Funny story.
    Today I'm headed back to work after a long weekend. Ferre by Gianfranco Ferre will "work" just fine today.

Hello

Sonia Rykiel Woman"Not for Men " as the box of the perfume suggests
    Chanel Beige was my perfume yesterday

Happy day everybody
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Wearing Caldey Island Lavender this morning.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Had a funny fragrant episode at work -- I work with older folks and I smelled some aldehydes last night. "What is it, your fragrance, Ms.D?" -- "Paris" -- "YSL Paris?" -- "No, Paris France" (this 92 year old's signature is normally Tabu, but it was not Tabu last night). Still working on it.
    LOL! She probably has not been shopping in a while and doesn't know about Balenciaga's Paris.

I am testing Brecourt Harâm today. (I never knew that some languages put the circumflex accent over an "a"-- you learn something new every day.)

I've already been out to mail the lilac samples and to do grocery shopping for Mom and for myself. More decluttering ahead today.

Kiliwia, tell me what you think of the musk in Caldey Island Lavender -- is it a very masculine fragrance? One of these days I will bite the bullet and order a bottle, maybe share it around, but meanwhile I'm still picking people's brains about it.

Wanted a perfume to match the beautiful day outside so sprayed myself semi-lavishly with Stoned.

Terre d'Hermes EDT (from a sample)

The Different Company - Sel de Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    LOL! She probably has not been shopping in a while and doesn't know about Balenciaga's Paris.
    Could be Paris Hilton, I know.

I will talk to her tomorrow, I genuinely hope it is Bourjois Soir de Paris, though. I am not familiar with earlier -- and supposedly better! -- formulation, all I know is the current versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Could be Paris Hilton, I know.
    OR just a copy perfume of Jean Philippe PARIS !!!
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Eau de Patou pour Homme this morning.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Good Morning All!

Wearing L'Occitane Miel et Citron for a day of yard work, house work and general "fun". I do have to get the yard ready for the plants I've ordered or started indoors, so it really is a litlle fun.

That field of lavender looks inviting! Turns out the new son in law is a lavender enthusiast and has rapidly used up the lavender body lotion I sent him. Will have to replace!

Basenotes Plus

Kiliwia, tell me what you think of the musk in Caldey Island Lavender -- is it a very masculine fragrance? One of these days I will bite the bullet and order a bottle, maybe share it around, but meanwhile I'm still picking people's brains about it.
    30 Roses, I like Caldey Island Lavender, it's a very realistic, light, unisex lavender. I only get an extremely slight musk type smell in the dry down, so slight I really have to search for it. One great thing about Caldey Island Lavender is it's very affordable and they offer several different sizes on their site. When my decant is gone, I intend to buy the 10 oz. spray, which is $12.58 usd, plus shipping. I figure that size will last me for awhile.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

VIP BNer flathorn has sent me a heaping cup of samples. She is disproportionately generous and I will probably be forever in her debt. Pawing through the vials I'm looking for a damn happy scent, because, after sleepless nights and "unfortunately digestive reactions" to the commissioner-bully and plague to humanity who verbally accosted me Monday, I'm ready to to feel especially fine. In fact, I've found just the song to express my resurrected humor. The new scent for this brand new day: Voluspa Green Datura oil. It smells green and mild (fave attributes) and like I'm fresh from a shower taken in a garden.

*Caveat—Any endorsement of murderous intent against a certain individual implied by the posting of the above video is made exclusively in regard to death by embarrassment in the court of public opinion.
    Another round of thank-yous to you who made me feel better with your words.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Somebody accosted you? The swine! I think he deserved to be humiliated! I will never understand people who feel the need to grandstand at another's expense, seems that disagreement should be civil....flies with honey and all that jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Warm, creamy and sweet with notes of clementine, amaryllis,
    peony, sambac jasmine,almond blossom, cyclamen, vanilla, benzoin,
    musk and amber.
    That sounds so good, kewart!

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    VIP BNer flathorn has sent me a heaping cup of samples. She is disproportionately generous and I will probably be forever in her debt.
    I received a heaping cup as well the other day! Thank you, semisweet! Your nomer is not appropriate! You are *very* sweet!

I chose Leslie Blodgett's Perfume Diaries: Santa Barbara today to finish up 2010 Taxes and a budget for a grant which I've been putting off. I'm so tired of paperwork. Santa Barbara is citrusy and bright. I like it. It is a good accompaniment to this dreary task. I can at least smell good, even while doing drudgery.
    [I]"Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere."[/I] -- [URL="http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1496120#post1496120"]Inselaffe[/URL]

L'Artisan ~ Mechant Loup (sample).

Basenotes Institution

Eau Claire des Merveilles by Hermes

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Wearing Perry Ellis Reserve for Women today.

Eau de Guerlain. The balance of lemon and bergamot on one side and an aromatic bunch of herbs like basil, verbena and caraway on the other is held in perfect check all the way through the scent in the most convincing and nostalgic way.

Taking advantage of more cold rainy weather to enjoy my sample of Ambre Narguile. I love love love this scent.

Gucci Pour Homme by Gucci
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Tom Ford Moss Breches.

Finished my year end audit yesterday, slept in today and ready for a brand new day as well. Quarry, I am so sorry for your stress. I react the same way, so thanks for the post and the song. I love Dr. Horrible!

For my brand new day I went with a brand new sampling of Creeds Vanisia. It's a 'cut through the crap" scent. Bright, strong, the spice of the anise is cutting right through my miasma. Now it's time to cut through the piles on my desk.

Have a great day everyone!

AM: Jolie Madam
    PM: Aromatics Elixir
    chypre day for me

Finally, a warm day and I had to wear the absolutely beautiful Papyrus de Ciane by Parfumerie Generale, which is lush and dry at once... like green-pollen-powder... I love it so.

Notes (from luckyscent): Bergamot, galbanum, neroli, broom, solar notes, lavender, mugwort, clove, incense, cistus labadanum, hedione, vetiver, Mousse de Saxe, Silvanone, white musk

Ivoire de Balmain

I'm working from home today so I'm able to test out two different samples, one on each wrist. They're both osmanthus scents: Serge Lutens Nuits de Cellophane, and Hermessence Osmanthe Yunnan.

balfudita, I hope your migraine will subside. I am so sorry for you. My mother suffered, I know how bad they are!

Quarry, excellent song. I am sorry you had to experience that.

I am still not well, but happy I can smell the delicious Chanel #19 I am wearing today.
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

Sending good thoughts to Quarry, Baldufita, and anyone else in need today. I'm wearing Le Temps d'une Fete, which seems to have much in common with yesterday's Ormonde Jayne, at least in overall effect. Take care, all.

It is rainy, cool, and miserable today. Couldn't post yesterday because I was at a funeral. Need something to pick me up. Today I am wearing Dolce Vita. Rarely wear this one -- it is so over the top for me. Why am I saying that? Kenzo Jungle doesn't hit me as over the top. Even Rumba. Anyway, it is okay for me right now, but I could use something with a sense of humor.

I am testing Brecourt Harâm today. (I never knew that some languages put the circumflex accent over an "a"-- you learn something new every day.)
    Apologies for going *off topic*
    The circumflex is used here just to indicate the second -a- is a long vowel. I've seen the word transcribed variously as haraam, harām etc. In Arabic script, I think it would be written like this:
    حرام

Haraam is a term used to denote something that is 'forbidden'.

*taking off my language-geek hat now*.

Anyway, my SotE is Cadjmere.
    Have a lovely evening all!

Raining again here today and probably the next two days as well. Wearing almost the last of my sample of Jicky EDT. Time to reorder!

Hey y'all -

It's been a La Perla day for me. I started this morning in Parfum Privé for ballet, and now I'm in some gorgeous vintage La Perla edp.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Not a very good day, only three hours of sleep...
    I try to ignore how tired I feel with something really beautiful.

L' Heure Bleue

Have a nice evening, all!

Blog Entries

TWolf, you smell lovely! I hope you will be able to solve The Paris Mystery, being a perfect sleuth you are is there anything that escapes your attention?

I'm afraid I reek! I decanted some Jardin sur le Nil to get ready to mail Hermes samples, I have a touch of Terre on, which smells lovely together with sur le Nil -- not that I really set out to find. And a tiny bit of Amazone just does not cut through all this craziness. I might as well go take another shower (or wash a pile of dishes) and start over.

A blast from the past happened to me last night -- a friend from my youth started to post old pictures, he hadn't come to the time when we met yet, but I am anticipating some pics from -- oh well -- more than 15 yrs ago...

My Chanel Gateway and Chanel Exclusifs sample packs came from TPC in today's mail, so now I'm wearing No. 22! I caught Misterben when he was getting out of the shower, and he asked me to suggest something for him to wear, so he's now wearing Sartorial. He said it smelled like a classy version of something his grandfather would have worn, and he said that was a good thing. I'm liking them both so far.

midnight rain- la praire

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Blue Amber today.

sending hugs to Quarry ...

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Apologies for going *off topic*
    The circumflex is used here just to indicate the second -a- is a long vowel. I've seen the word transcribed variously as haraam, harām etc. In Arabic script, I think it would be written like this:
    حرام

Haraam is a term used to denote something that is 'forbidden'.
    So interesting, thank you! By the way, "long vowel" to us means the vowel says its name, so to speak-- long A would be pronounced AY. Whereas aa would be called a lengthened vowel.

For this evening Hermes Caleche Eau Delicate.

Parfum d'Empire Yuzu Fou.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

GIT this very warm evening.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus

SotD = Ineke After My Own Heart
    SotE= Lolita Lempicka Fleur de Corail