Code of Conduct

Default TJMaxx, Marshalls, Ross

I went six pages back and could not find the old thread with the similar title, there are several of them on the Men's side though.

Please post what you have seen on your recent expeditions to the bargain stores like Marshalls, TJMaxx and Ross fragrance-wise.

(Inspiration for this thread comes from the recent blog post of BN member awsomeness who fell in love in Ellen Tracy Rose Peony after her recent trip to TJMaxx).

Default Re: TJMaxx, Marshalls, Ross

There is a new Marshall's opening down the street from me tomorrow. I plan to investigate and report back!

Anyone?

I am planning on visiting our TJMaxx next week, all things going right, and will report.

A couple of weeks ago at Marshalls I bought Lolita Lempicka fleur defendue (combo perfume + cream) for $25, and Anais Anais ($20/50ml). A couple of months ago I saw Arpege ($25/50ml) at Ross (I believe), and I regret not stocking up.

cacio

Spotted Roberto Cavalli Oro at the TJMaxx this past weekend. They also had a fair amount of Gres fragrances.

Our TJ maxx had the tattoo thingy fragrance, baby Phat, and Lolita Lempcika, and Juicy couture, those are only the ones I remember.
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

I got Lilly Pulitzer Beachy for $12.99 at TJ Maxx last week, they had I think Wink as well. Also saw Bulgari Omnia for I think $29.99 and a few other Bulgari fragrances. Lots of Elizabeth Arden Green Tea as well.

Basenotes Plus

I went to TJ Maxx on Tuesday and bought A Scent by Issey Miyake and Bijan. Also picked up the body lotion to Beachy and Wink by Lilly Pulitzer. Those were all new that I hadn't seen there before. Earlier I got a good deal on Arpege and Omnia. They also had alot of Elizabeth Taylor and Elizabeth Arden perfumes. Last weekend in Duluth at TJ Maxx I bought Eau Gourmande Violette by Laura Mercier and Cabochard.

Aha! Laura Mercier is making appearance at the discounters. Good!

Thanks to everybody who responded.

Bought Cabotine Fleursblind @ TJ Maxx last week $9.99. Using as car freshener.

Basenotes Plus

Visited my Local TJ's last night- didn't buy anything.

Lots of Lily Pulitzer Beachy and Wink with matching lotion. Lots of Gres, but the only one worth getting is Cabotine Rose, IMO.
    Lots of Halston Z-14 was marked down to $10 a bottle. One lone bottle of R Cavalli Oro. Some Bulgaris- Omnia, Voile de Jasmin, and Rose Essentielle.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Went to TJMAXX today and bought LL Fleur defendue(and a cute turquoise bracelet).
    They had Givenchy -pour homme or gentlemen? ;
    LL Fleur du Corail, Fleur defendue,L,Lolita Lempicka;
    Lily Pulitzer stuff;some Cabotines Rose, Gold ;
    Viva La Juicy ;Apple Bottloms; Queen Latifah sets,L-Lamb sets ,Red Door,Green Tea,Rubies & Diamonds,Fairy Dust,Halston ,Moschino Glamour,J-lo minis set, Mens variety minis set,and some Prada Tendre -$49 I'll keep watching they had 3 bottles;Vera Wang Simply Pink ,and Several bottles of Bulgari Rose Essential and Voile de Jasmine,
    Some Fantasy,Believe,and Midnight Fantasy by B Spears,Design by P S
    Can't remember more offhand.

AT TJ MAxx recently:

Dirty English by Juicy Couture
    Amor Amor by Cacharel
    L de Lempicka
    White Diamonds sets
    Cabotine (the original)
    Mustang
    L by L.A.M.B.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

At Marshall's today -
    Cabotine (rose and original)
    Elizabeth Arden Green Tea
    Red Door
    Curious
    Fairy Dust
    Liz Claiborne
    Liz
    Bunch of Curves, don't remember which
    Lily Pulitzer Beachy
    Apple Bottom
    Bvlgari Rose Essentielle
    Bvlgari Omnia
    White Diamonds
    A Scent by Issey Miyake
    L de Lolita Lempicka Gift Sets
    Pure White Linen Gift Sets
    L.A.M.B. Gift Sets
    Curious Gift Sets
    Cabotine Gift Sets

This is just what I recall off the top of my head - there was a lot more. The thing is, the prices were in most cases not much better than say, amazon. *shrug*

Basenotes Plus

This thread slipped to the 5th pagef! Guess there have been few TJ bargains lately.
    My trip should be entitled Marc Jacobs night as TJ's had:
    10 oz bottles of Biscotti for $23
    10 oz bottles of Pomegranite for $23
    Lola (forgot price)
    Bang- for men or pepper lovers- the gift sets are $45 and deodorant is $6

Also saw: Badgely Mishka Couture 15 ml perfumed gel in a drawstring bag for $10 (got one of those)
    Lots of Lily Pulitzer- wink,squeeze,beachy
    Cabotine Gold
    A Scent Rescuer

At Ross I found:
    Moschino Cheap and Chic, I Love Love. 24.99/1.7oz
    Bulgari Black 29.95/1oz.

We checked one TJMaxx while on the road earlier this week. NOTHING, the selection was very limited with all the usual suspects.

No Laurence Dumont. No Ellen Tracy except Tracy (75ml for 12.99). No Lolita Lempicka. I thought they would have some leftovers from mother's day in gift sets, but they did not.

One lonely Roberto Cavalli Oro would not fit on the shelf, so the box was stored horizontally as if drunk. All possible Gres Cabotines ranging from 9.99 to 24.99.

Soaps went up. Big 12-14oz bars that used to cost 3.99 are 5.99 each now. I got a 3pk of Bronnley White Iris soap for $5.99 and another BNer informs me it is discontinued on Bronnley USA website.

Almost bought a purse (tan, of course) and regret not buying it now. Bought some fig jams from St.Dalfour coop, France -- cheaper than online.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    We checked one TJMaxx while on the road earlier this week. NOTHING, the selection was very limited with all the usual suspects.

No Laurence Dumont. No Ellen Tracy except Tracy (75ml for 12.99). No Lolita Lempicka. I thought they would have some leftovers from mother's day in gift sets, but they did not.

One lonely Roberto Cavalli Oro would not fit on the shelf, so the box was stored horizontally as if drunk. All possible Gres Cabotines ranging from 9.99 to 24.99.

Soaps went up. Big 12-14oz bars that used to cost 3.99 are 5.99 each now. I got a 3pk of Bronnley White Iris soap for $5.99 and another BNer informs me it is discontinued on Bronnley USA website.

Almost bought a purse (tan, of course) and regret not buying it now. Bought some fig jams from St.Dalfour coop, France -- cheaper than online.
    TJMaxx has been very disappointing lately. So, on a whim I went to Ross and found a few Bulgari's--including Black, which I bought. Also got an Azzaro pour Homme for my husband. I think I'll be checking out Ross more often now.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Soaps went up.......... Almost bought a purse (tan, of course) and regret not buying it now. .
    I noticed the soaps have gone up, too. And last years those Marc Jacobs big splashes were 19.99 and they are 22.99 this year. Plus our ridiculous sales tax and that adds up.

Speaking of purses- I bought a teal purse Thursday night but it just wasn't talking to the rest of my wardrobe when I got it home.--- today I went to 2 other TJ's to find a better one and did an exchangefor a light tannish leather.

Saw the usual stuff plus Boucheron Eau Legere, Caswell Massey #6, lots of Crabtree and Evelyn talcum powders, Jacomo Paradox, Rock Princess, Fancy, and some Kardashians.
    A Scent Rescuer

TJMaxx store is always a movable feast for me now that we live very rurally. I always jump when I see one and never miss a chance to go inside if we are near. Not like I am expecting a sudden shipment of Montales or Generales, but there are some gems to be found, or used to be. The store we stopped at during our road trip was a pity (MN). The selection of purses was very limited and none in the colors I normally do.

The fragrance section was located on two dedicated displays, one for Ladies and another one for Gents. Every single fragrance, even the cheapest of them ($7.99), even the dusting powder in White Shoulders (any drug store would have it!) was encased in plexiglass cage creating the crowded look where, in fact, more fragrances would fit in if the store went without it. The cages were standard size and some boxes were sticking out or crammed in creating unnecessary creases while others were rolling freely inside. I understand that the store wants to sell their fragrances in their prime condition without the plastic torn or the box intact or the spray mechanism broken, but the whole sight was a tad extreme, to me.

Out of the new arrivals I saw and did not buy:
    Thierry Mugler Womanity (in two sizes, it was a big surprise to see it there);
    Marc Jacobs Biscotti;
    Eva Longoria Eva;
    Michel Germain Deuville and Sexual;
    Nelly Apple Bottoms;
    SJP NYC;
    Facconable;
    Jessica Simpson I Fancy You;
    JLo Love and Glamour , Love at First Glow.

The soaps were mainly Caswell-Massey (box of 3 for $9.99) in almost all of their scents and big Portugese 12 oz bars in mostly fruity and citrus scents that smelled too musky for me and would be a waste for me anyhow because I get tired of the scent before the bar is half gone.

I bought 2 jars of fruit preserves -- one in black currant and another one in fig -- that was it.

Marc Jacobs Biscotti would probably interest me. I haven't been to TJ Maxx or Marshall's in a while. The fragrance department of the ones near here always look like the aftermath of a rumble. There is a Ross near me. I didn't know they carried fragrances. I've just got too much on my plate at the moment, fragrance-wise, but if I saw something wonderful that I couldn't live without that I already knew I loved, I'd probably grab it.

Basenotes Plus

I hit 3 TJ Maxx in my area today because I am desperate for lighter work clothes- Management is moving my dept to another location so I'm going from an office that has the AC vent direcly over my head to an office with the opposite problem- stuffy and no window. Yuck.

Of course I also perused the fumes.
    At one of the TJs they had two 30 ml bottles of Womanity EDP on the shelf. For $25 bucks, one of them went home with me.
    Also some nice Pacifica brand soap
    A Scent Rescuer

Basenotes Plus

at TJ Maxx's tonight I saw:
    Womanity 50 ml for $29-
    Bang
    Cabochard for $8
    Lots of Body Shop products in Mai Rose
    Si Lolita by Lolita Lempicka
    a Sara Jessica Parker flanker of the New York scent
    and the usual suspects
    A Scent Rescuer

Basenotes Member

I was able to snag L de Lolita Lempicka @ $16 at my local TJMaxx's today. Yey!

I bought 2 bottles of K de Krizia at a TJ about a month and a half ago @$25 per

I just saw a 3.4 oz of Dirty English at Ross for 19 bux...heard ladies kinda dig that one. A good buy I guess..though, I think my spending is done for this year!

I live in Quebec , we have Winners here which I suspect is related to TJMaxx, but there selection has not been great, but Costco has their yearly discounted Christmas perfumes, I saw a large variety of DKNY, Burberry, Vera Wang, Calvin Klein, Bulgari, and a few random other brand names, the woman told me the selection is usually the same all over North America . If someone doesn't have a Costco card, they can get someone with a membership to go pick up a gift card for them and anyone can use it (all the perfumes were 50$, but in the US she told me they are normally 40$ )
    Last edited by MJ101; 15th December 2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: typo

Thanks for pulling this thread up. No plans of going out any time soon -- them crowds are unimaginable! -- but it is nice to know what to look for after all the holiday buzz subsides.

How about their lotions and soaps? Names, brands, smells and price ranges?

Ya, totally, crowds are crazy..and the language I've been hearing! Horrible! People throwing out F bombs and yelling at people..I am sure that's what Jesus would have wanted for Christmas:/. I totally avoid "black-eye" Friday too..there aren't any real good deals worth going out for on a crazy day like that!

Anyway.....the lotions and soaps I've smelled at the discount shops have been usually pretty bad and cheap. A bust every time.
    I notice Ross always carries BLV scents..I'd love to see one of the Omnia flankers or Jasmin/Mon Jasmin Noir for a discount..but haven't seen them yet. All the others, I have seen there. Omnia and Rose Essentielle was there last time.

Quote Originally Posted by rednails View Post
    I bought 2 bottles of K de Krizia at a TJ about a month and a half ago @$25 per
    Excellent rednails - good for you!! Ke de Krizia has been one of my favorite fragrances since the 80s, and it's so very under-appreciated ...actually, lots of people say they love it but very few seem to actually wear it. Anyway, I suppose I should be on the lookout before too long - I have a small hoard of vintage stuff, but it won't last forever. I have yet to try the current formulation, so I'm hoping it's not too dismal. What do you think - is it the same gorgeous fragrance, or will it merely "do"?

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    I notice Ross always carries BLV scents..I'd love to see one of the Omnia flankers or Jasmin/Mon Jasmin Noir for a discount..but haven't seen them yet. All the others, I have seen there. Omnia and Rose Essentielle was there last time.
    Hey kalli - I'm so confused! Are all the Omnia scents actually flankers of BLV? I thought that was a completely different scent, but I'm really not that familiar with them. The only Bvlgari scent I have is a mini of Rose Essentielle - that's actually a BLV flanker?
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Maybe I worded myself wrong, I do that sometimes! I meant that the Omnia Amethyste, Omnia Green Jade and Omnia Crystalline are flankers of the original Omnia. I'd love a large bottle of the Crystalline. Any no, Rose Essentielle isn't a flanker. Hopefully, that cleared it up.

Tjmaxx by me in Massachusetts has Marc Jacobs Bang for $30 3.4
    Rochas Man $20 1.7

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Lol, thanks kalli! I didn't think so, but when you mentioned BLV I figured since the bottles were similar, maybe Rose Essentielle was a flanker...but I believe I figured out my initial confusion. You were referring to Bvlgari (the house) as BLV (the fragrance), right? So I thought all the fragrances you mentioned were actually BLV flankers, see what I mean? At any rate, it's clear now - thanks!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I like Rose Essentielle, that's a pretty one.

I like it too, lilybelle, but it lasts about 20 minutes on me, no joke, and it's frustrating ...and heartbreaking! But at least that's one rose fragrance I know I don't need to throw money at.

Ya, that's what I meant. Ya, BLV scents don't last long for the most part. I do have luck with the Mon Jasmin Noir though. That one seems to last longer on me...and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Ya, that's what I meant. Ya, BLV scents don't last long for the most part. I do have luck with the Mon Jasmin Noir though. That one seems to last longer on me...and I love it.
    Lol - that's what's confusing me! Maybe I'm being obtuse, but wouldn't it be "BVL" rather than "BLV"? (You are abbreviating Bvlgari, aren't you?)

I almost picked up Rose Essentielle and had this feeling it wouldn't last on me (I need to wear fairly strong perfumes) I am glad I didn't get it now, the packaging was so lovely though :s

A BUNCH of Champs-Elysses at TJ-Maxx here.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ101 View Post
    I almost picked up Rose Essentielle and had this feeling it wouldn't last on me (I need to wear fairly strong perfumes) I am glad I didn't get it now, the packaging was so lovely though :s
    There is a Rose Essentielle in both the EDP and the EDT. Which one?
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I thought there was an edp AND edt. I'm sure the edp must last longer. The one that lasted no time at all on me was Voile de Jasmin. The scent disappeared before it even touched my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Excellent rednails - good for you!! Ke de Krizia has been one of my favorite fragrances since the 80s, and it's so very under-appreciated ...actually, lots of people say they love it but very few seem to actually wear it. Anyway, I suppose I should be on the lookout before too long - I have a small hoard of vintage stuff, but it won't last forever. I have yet to try the current formulation, so I'm hoping it's not too dismal. What do you think - is it the same gorgeous fragrance, or will it merely "do"?

Hey kalli - I'm so confused! Are all the Omnia scents actually flankers of BLV? I thought that was a completely different scent, but I'm really not that familiar with them. The only Bvlgari scent I have is a mini of Rose Essentielle - that's actually a BLV flanker?
    Hi Evangeline, I think the newer formulation is a bit sweeter than the original, more of an aldehyde and less of a classic chypre, but I haven't opened the new bottle and haven't smelled the new formulation in a while. Like you, I'm still communing with my vintage!

I think it was the EDT , I will have to check when I go back (it was scary, women were fighting over bottles, elbows flailing, I hate Costco during non holiday times, this time of year it is utter chaos !!! )

MJ101, it is utter chaos around here too, and I am dreading the little shopping I need to do. I loathe it. I have made a few presents (crocheted scarves for some women friends at our party next week), but I have purchased nada as yet.

I went to Winners (Canadian TJMaxx) and everything was open (perfumes, makeup, etc) people literally have no idea how to behave in stores, sigh. If something doesn't have a tester, I go to a perfume store, smell it, and go back. Hard work maybe, but better than ruining merchandise. sigh.

Winners have recently had a huge wave (at least here in BC) of Eau de Shalimar, which was nice as I hadn't tried it.

But aside from that, the pickings have been pretty slim. Almost all the box sets are either celeb scents, the usual Arden suspects or the occasional Lolita, but I already own the latter. There's some Burberry, mainly Sport and Beat. Sometimes a bit of Daisy or Lola from Marc Jacobs shows up.

Today I saw the D&G 1 Le Bateleur and a few Vera Wang Princess sets. Nothing else of note.

Personally I was hoping for some Escada, Prada or some fun christmas-y Demeter, but nope.

I did see Si Lolita in Marshall's (I think it was) weeks ago. A couple of Basenoters whose judgment I trust really like that one, though of course it's always best to try it yourself first. I would probably grab an Eau de Shalimar if I saw one. I just don't feel like mad shopping right now. Maybe I'll see what's around after Christmas when things get quieter.