Code of Conduct

Thread: Mona Di Orio

Default Mona Di Orio

I was wondering if anyone has tried Mona Di Orio´s Ambre. Do you find it sweet? Animalic? Powdery? What are your thoughts?

Default Re: Mona Di Orio

Ambre is rather saccharine as it opens, but shifts into something rather multi-dimensional. It is resinous, but with burnt, honeyed qualities. As the perfume evolves, one can detect a dense floral core, which becomes slightly more powdery and vanillic with time. A soft ribbon of cedar lies within, furnishing the perfume with a melancholic aspect that is hard to describe. I liken it to the sweet powdery smell of an old mahogany grand piano, with a thin film of dust that has settled on the keys.

Official notes are: Cedarwood, Ylang Ylang, Tolu resin, Benzoin, and Vanilla Absolute.

I ran into her line yesterday. Keep an eye on her scents because I detect a rising star. Her scents are are well composed and up there with the best Houses.

Thank you so much for this vivid mini review. "Old mahogany grand piano" sealed the deal. I think I might like this. Love your blog by the way.

I love it! Beautiful floral-amber perfume, incredible soft and , compared with other amber scents, is not dark . Type of amber you can easy wear all day long , except very hot summer days

Thanks so much sketchwars... your kind comments and readership are very valued.

I tried it this evening. It's a lovely, powdery but not overly sweet amber.