Code of Conduct

Default I know this sounds crude but......

Obviously everybody's body chemistry is different, what smells nice on you can change on another. That being said, anyone think that a particular fragrance mixes well with their own smell of sweat and the smell of sex. I understand if this thread my be taken down and i apologise if it shouldn't be here but i was just curious. Hopefully they wont kill the cat :-)

Default Re: I know this sounds crude but......

Serge Lutens- Muscs Koublai Khan came straight to mind!

Back to Black or Lyric Man.
    La vita breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Secretions Magnifique =)

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    Secretions Magnifique =)
    To be honest i was expecting that a bit sooner lol

In all seriousness AdG. For me and through the years it has mixed well with the heaviest sweats on the hottest days whether in/outdoors. Yep, hint hint nudge nudge. That sourness that others complain about after a day's wear works favorably on me and that particular aspect lasts longer than many EDCs start to finish. Sure, it is much villified around these parts as the epitome of the aquatics genre but I stand by it. No hatin' here.

No particular fragrance comes to my mind.

declaration? perhaps a bitter citrus or guerlain pamplelune. kiehls musk as well.
    A beautiful perfume is the one which gives us a shock: a sensory one followed by a psychological one."

Edmond Roudnitska (19051996)

Terre d'Hermes, although I don't find it a "sexy" frag.... it has no animalic component of it's own, and with the way iso-e super works differently on different people, I almost think of it as a Body Odor adornment or enhancer.

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    Obviously everybody's body chemistry is different, what smells nice on you can change on another. That being said, anyone think that a particular fragrance mixes well with their own smell of sweat and the smell of sex.
    I haven't worried too much about whether a given fragrance works well with the "smell of sex" - if you've gotten that far, you already know it's a winner!

Otherwise, yeah - Knize Two, L'Heure Bleue, Knize Ten, and BPAL Aelopile (as scentcloud suggests, it's a bitter/green citrus) have each left me wondering at times how a soiled undershirt drenched in sweat can smell so good when I so clearly need a long shower. That's also why I make an effort to keep English Leather deodorant on-hand.

Quote Originally Posted by DuNezDeBuzier View Post
    In all seriousness AdG. For me and through the years it has mixed well with the heaviest sweats on the hottest days whether in/outdoors. Yep, hint hint nudge nudge. That sourness that others complain about after a day's wear works favorably on me and that particular aspect lasts longer than many EDCs start to finish. Sure, it is much villified around these parts as the epitome of the aquatics genre but I stand by it. No hatin' here.
    This. Like it or not, look around online for people asking girls what they like to smell on a guy, and ADG comes up a Hell of a lot.

Sometimes when I'm in a store and walk up to a clerk, for example, there is a stench of garlic or ham/pepperoni/baloney. If he were to sprays on a frag, it could only help so much! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Serge Lutens- Muscs Koublai Khan came straight to mind!
    Yep. I'm on a fragrance shopping safari in Chicago today. Applied MKK at Barney's five hours ago, and it's still hanging in there. Very nice stuff. Gets better as it combines with my own skin scent. Almost bought it, but the open was a little too much for me. Today's winning purchases - after sampling over 20 fragrances - Serge Lutens Chene and Penhaligon's English Fern.

. . . double post . . .
    Last edited by mrcologneguy; 3rd April 2011 at 01:37 PM.

Last edited by Descartes; 1st April 2013 at 12:19 AM.

Sorry to be crude as well, but why waste your time with worrying about fragrances in intimate moments?

NOTHING beats the scent of a woman. (And I don't mean Al Pacino hamming it up and getting a sympathy Oscar).
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by jcrich View Post
    Sorry to be crude as well, but why waste your time with worrying about fragrances in intimate moments?

NOTHING beats the scent of a woman. (And I don't mean Al Pacino hamming it up and getting a sympathy Oscar).
    You are right but sometimes a little bit extra is even better

Quote Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
    Vierges et Toreros by ELO smells like getting a blow job 42C inside a car 2 pm August by a cheap whore who's wearing tight leather black pants and a glittering sweaty shirt with the slogan "Who's your Daddy" and a police car is passing by just in that moment you are going to explode like a volcano.
    Just on the basis of your amazing description i think i am gonna sample this one.

Vierges et Toreros by ELO smells like getting a blow job 42C inside a car 2 pm August by a cheap whore who's wearing tight leather black pants and a glittering sweaty shirt with the slogan "Who's your Daddy" and a police car is passing by just in that moment you are going to explode like a volcano.
    Duh! WINNING!

Certainly an evocative and persuasive description. I'll stop short of asking about how that scent association came to mind. . .