Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Honey/Tobacco, two notes that sound great but on "advanced search" only brings up EIGHT.

So I'm reading the threads where Kilian's Back 2 Black is praised highly, honey and tobacco are in there and when you think of it it sounds awesome.

I'm surprised to find only a few scents with those two notes through an advanced search. I was wondering if there are any scents that forum readers notice are not listed or reviewed but would like to add some comments to.

My search for tobacco and honey brought these up:

A*Men Pure Havane
    by Thierry Mugler (2011, Jacques Huclier)

Ankh
    by Scents of Time (2008, Claudine de Vogel)

Asmar
    by So Oud (2010, StŔphane Humbert Lucas)

Bogner Man II
    by Bogner (1988)

Flora Napa Valley
    by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz (2000, Dawn Spencer Hurwitz)

Gammon Cool Passion
    by Gammon (1988)

Jitterbug
    by Opus Oils (2008)

MCM Success
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Default Re: Honey/Tobacco, two notes that sound great but on "advanced search" only brings up EIGHT.

Tobaco Latino is another one (a unisex frag), which seems to have been an homage to Vento Canale (also with honey and tobacco).

Default Re: Honey/Tobacco, two notes that sound great but on "advanced search" only brings up EIGHT.

Chergui by Serge Lutens

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Chergui by Serge Lutens
    I was going to say this too. A bit sweet though.

Another nice one is Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford.

Big plus to Tabaco Latino (if you can find it) It's a cheapy, but goody undoubtedly. Bigsly actually turned me onto this, and knows I am willing to give the cheapies their time on my skin. I'm glad I did with this one, because it smells as good as something from any top niche brand.

Aside from its niche quality (imo), is the smell itself. To me, it's mostly just a honey and tobacco. There are some dried fruits in there for sure, a little spice, and maybe some patchouli as well. But the star notes are honey and tobacco to my nose. Much of what I was anticipating for Pure Havane, which ended up being just a pure letdown.

Another one is Tabacco by Odori, which is fantastic.

I was thinking Fumerie Turque myself. However, I would recommend sampling first. One of my least favorite fragrances.

By Kilian's Back to Black. Amazing Scent!

Caliber 12 by J. A.

Chergui
    Fumerie Turque
    Tonka imperial
    Pure havane TM

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Acqua di Cuba - Santa Maria Novella
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

+1 Chergui and Furmerie Turque. Especially Furmerie Turque. It smells like a better and manly version of Back to Black.

Got my first whiff of Animale Animale yesterday. I thought it had hints of tobacco and honey on my initial impression of it.