Code of Conduct

Default Beware of fragrancex free international shipping!

Bad news. Fragrancex free international shipping is not free anymore to many countries.
    even worst is when you place your order with them they accept the "free" code and tell you the shipment is free, but once you pay with creditcard they charge you full amount of international shipping (starting 15$) with a small message "your free code is not valid for your country (Israel). i contacted them and at first they said it is a mistake, but later they emailed me saying that due to higher postal charges they stopped the free shipment to many countries. I think they should let you know in advance that it is not free rather than after they charge you!

Default Re: Beware of fragrancex free international shipping!

I bought with the "FREE" coupon last time, they use shipment by sea which takes forever to arrive (nearly 2 month).. now, i don't bother to visit them..

oh that is terrible. I got a couple of things in the UK recently with no problems. Took 2 weeks to arrive

Quote Originally Posted by damon View Post
    I think they should let you know in advance that it is not free rather than after they charge you!
    You're absolutely right.

I'm new to these forums but all I heard were bad things about them (mainly how shipping takes a long, long time) so I've steered clear. That's really unprofessional that they don't tell you behind hand about the charges. If you haven't already, email them with a letter of complaint.

I have already been fooled by them ... i applied the FREE copoun code and it was accepted !!!! after i placed the order i discovered that they had included the shipping cost in the order! i emailed them many times and they said that the cant do anything once the order had been placed ......

It had to happen. Free shipping on all orders, anywhere in the world? it's just not sustainable.

fountain

their shipment is turtle slow so i gave them up a long time back.

Brazil still with free shipping, i think its the only country. The cupom now is BRAZIL

Happened to me and realized that... well, got to end sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    It had to happen. Free shipping on all orders, anywhere in the world? it's just not sustainable.
    Actually yes, it is sustainable but it means surface shipment (it only costs a few $) but it can take up to 8 weeks, let alone that it is not registered and your bottle of fragrance might be boiling in a container sitting on a pier in Djeddah for 24 hours....

also noticed fragrancenet shipping costs to canada has up to 16 bucks for 1 item, from 10

Oh that's a shame, I've bought a lot of fragrance from them on that basis, guess I'll have to look elsewhere now.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...