Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances for teenage girls

Hi everyone!

I have a 13 years old daughter. She loves fragrances but has almost no experience with them. And I am interested in the topic, but I only have a little experience about men fragrances.

Last year I gave her as a gift her first eau de toilette, "Wild" by Ralph Lauren (it was a recommendation given to me by a saleswoman in a shop). I was lucky that she liked it very much -or at least she told me so-, specially that strawberry scent. But she really doesn´t know what she really prefers and I don´t know how to start giving her the opportunity to find it out.

I think that getting samples is not option for us. We live in Buenos Aires (Argentina) and usually at the shops they give you a random small sample just when you purchase another fragrance. Or they give you that small piece of paper with the fragrance that they are promoting in the street when you pass by the shop. You need to enter the shop and ask for a specific fragance in order to test them on paper, and you know what happens after two or three of them, you dont know what are you smelling any longer...

So I will thank any suggestions about widely available -remember were we live-fragrances appropriate for a 13 year old girl that would like to find her own way in this wonderful fragances world.

Thanks in advance,

Héctor

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Fragrances for teenage girls

I suggest something from the Harajuku Lovers series.

Last edited by petruccijc; 3rd April 2011 at 12:00 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Hector, there are Avon ladies in Argentina, yes? I think they will give you samples of any scent they sell!

www.ar.avon.com

I have 4 daughters with 4 different ideas about what a good smell is, so I do think it depends on the girl. Can you take her out to a shop and let her smell some different things, to get an idea of the general type of smell she likes better? Even if you have to ask the SAs to help you - that is their job!

Find out if Luckyscent will ship to Argentina, that would improve your access to samples exponentially!

www.luckyscent.com

Amazon.com will ship "personal care" items to Argentina, but I am not sure if perfumes fall under "personal care", they may not be

But Avon is a slam-dunk; if she likes one or more of the fragrances they sell in your country, you will have access, not have to deal with the shops or customs, and have samples.

Good luck to you and what a nice father to help your daughter find a fragrance!
    Last edited by Robin-in-FL; 2nd April 2011 at 12:17 AM.

I suggest Versace Jeans Series, specially Rose Jeans and Baby Rose Jeans. Very cheap and youth.

Tommy fragrances are good to a teenager too.

Basenotes Plus

Hector, I would go with Miss Dior Cherie by Dior. With notes of mandarin, strawberry leaf, violet, jasmine, caramel popcorn, wild strawberry sorbet, musk and patchouli.
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Given the age, you should probably try to stay on the lighter side. And I would try to avoid excessively fruity florals - not that they are bad, but I have the impression that teens in the US right now are bathing in pools of syrup. If she can be steered towards less sweet stuff, perhaps she'll develop broader tastes.

Anais Anais (floral) was marketed to teens in the 80s, it's not too expensive and still works perfectly. If you are willing to spend a lot of $$, Chanel no. 18 is a fresh iris-rose that I think perfect for young women. It is sold only in Chanel boutiques, but I assume there's one in Buenos Aires. Unfortunately, it's expensive.

cacio

Hi there,

I don't know how much you want to spend, will give a few lower priced suggestions, teenagers do change their minds these come to mind, I wore these back in the 70's and still popular and available.

Chantilly at times can find in regular stores or dept. stores
    Avon's Sweet Honesty
    Jean Nate at regular stores, drugstores, maybe Walmart not sure or ebay, has a clean scent.
    Windsong regular stores
    Jontue '''''''

Some of the after bath sprays from Bath & Body would be a lighter scent and maybe she would like those, if you have a store there? You can go in and sample everything.

More expensive colognes etc, I'll leave to the other members. I just remember I bought my niece Chantilly when she was around 13.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world, the unreasonable man adapts the world to himself, therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." "Shaw"

I used to live in Hawaii so I'm quite familiar with hot & humid (actually Alabama gets alot of that too) I liked Truth by Calvin Klein,several of the Liz Claibourne -she may like the new Realities or Sweet Realities ,Tracy or Ellen Tracy are nice Peoney/rose scents.Hanae Mori butterfly is nice for a young girl too.I loved and still love Elizabeth Arden Green Tea as a fresh scent . You might also see if there is a Mary Kay consultant locally they also are world wide Journey ,Bella Belara or Velocity may be scents she would like.