Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default One of the most beautiful fragrance that I have ever smell...Swiss Arabian Makhalat Malaki

A basenote member on here sent me a sample of this fragrance to try. Makhalat Malaki by Swiss Arabian. I tried it a few times, and everytime I try it, I find it more and more beautiful. Honestly, this is one of the most beautiful fragrance that I have ever smell. I wore this fragrance to play golf yesterday, and I kept constantly smell the beautiful aroma around me. The scent just kept my mind calm, heart rate down, and was so focus throughout all 18 holes. The result was, I played one of my best game ever. I am not saying this fragrance will make you become a great golf player, but for me it helps me focus. This fragrance smells like a royal palace filled with Turkish roses, and Spanish saffron....

As a result, I just placed an order for a full bottle. This is what I am going to wear this year on the golf course. Beautiful scent....

My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: One of the most beautiful fragrance that I have ever smell...Swiss Arabian Makhalat Malaki

I like and own this one. There is agarwood in this fragrance too.
    Swiss Arabian produces Mukhalat Malaki in a spray bottle too (alcohol based EdP, 100 ml).

Default Re: One of the most beautiful fragrance that I have ever smell...Swiss Arabian Makhalat Malaki

Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    I like and own this one. There is agarwood in this fragrance too.
    Swiss Arabian produces Mukhalat Malaki in a spray bottle too (alcohol based EdP, 100 ml).
    So which one do you prefer? The oil or EDP? Also, the description under the one I purchase said CPO. Do you know what CPO stand for?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

CPO means Concentrated Perfume Oil. Unfortunately, I didn't have the possibility to test the EdP.

Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    CPO means Concentrated Perfume Oil. Unfortunately, I didn't have the possibility to test the EdP.
    Thanks for defining CPO. So how do you apply the CPO oil on without contaminating the bottle? Do you use the wand on your skin? Or do you apply it on something and then rub it against the skin?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Basenotes Institution

It is one of the best ouds I've smelled. Mind you, I have not smelled that many, but this one stood head-and-shoulders over the others. Very sexy stuff.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    It is one of the best ouds I've smelled. Mind you, I have not smelled that many, but this one stood head-and-shoulders over the others. Very sexy stuff.
    Sexy it is...I get zoned out when I smell this fragrance...beautiful
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

A great and cheap synthetic oud, which costs a fraction of Tom Ford etc etc. Extremely powerful.

I don't think there's any contamination problem in dabbing yourself with the stopper. Besides, you will not scrape your skin with it. I think there was a thread in the past, with most people concluding that this isn't an issue.

I haven't smelled the EDP in alcohol, but I tend to be wary of Arabian perfumes in alcohol, I'm not sure they have mastered the technique, or at least, they pay attention on how to do them. The mixes are designed for oil, so better stick with them.

cacio

Makhalat Malaki means Royal Mixture

مخلط - mixture
    ملكي - royal

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    A basenote member on here sent me a sample of this fragrance to try. Makhalat Malaki by Swiss Arabian. I tried it a few times, and everytime I try it, I find it more and more beautiful. Honestly, this is one of the most beautiful fragrance that I have ever smell. I wore this fragrance to play golf yesterday, and I kept constantly smell the beautiful aroma around me. The scent just kept my mind calm, heart rate down, and was so focus throughout all 18 holes. The result was, I played one of my best game ever. I am not saying this fragrance will make you become a great golf player, but for me it helps me focus. This fragrance smells like a royal palace filled with Turkish roses, and Spanish saffron....

As a result, I just placed an order for a full bottle. This is what I am going to wear this year on the golf course. Beautiful scent....

Im curious, i was wondering where you placed an order because i cant find it anywhere?

Its 45USD + shipping here:

http://rehaat.com/Catalog/Zahras%20P...%20Arabian.pdf

I really wanna try this one
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Wow, i thought that this fragrance costs about 300usd or more!!

45usd???

I think i will blind buy this one!
    I like Aoud fragrances!

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    Im curious, i was wondering where you placed an order because i cant find it anywhere?
    I placed an ordered from Mukhalat.com for $49.95 shipped
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Wow, sounds interesting. What's it smell like? Also, any idea what strength it is?

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    Wow, sounds interesting. What's it smell like? Also, any idea what strength it is?
    A rich oriental Agarwood based Floral blend with a top note of pure Turkish Rose and a body of Indian & Combodian Agarwood. Hint of flowers, expensive Indian Amber, Spanish Saffron and a base of Woods, Mosses and Musks. Recommended for Men.

Long lasting....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Laph:

as change1 was saying, nuclear strength and weeklong duration. You smell it before removing the stopper. Much stronger than real ouds.

I haven't smelled much by Swiss Arabian, but Mukhallat al Shahama is also worthy. Shahama an amber-oud accord, sweeter and more well behaved than the uncompromising Mukhallat Malaki.

cacio

I tried this one about 3 weeks back, and yes, it is freaking great. Rose, Saffran and Oudh go amazingly together in this mixture. If I could get someone to ship to me, I would have had it by now. Thumbs up !
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I tried this one about 3 weeks back, and yes, it is freaking great. Rose, Saffran and Oudh go amazingly together in this mixture. If I could get someone to ship to me, I would have had it by now. Thumbs up !
    You can get it from www.mukhalat.com for $49.95 with free priority mail shipping...mine is on the way to me...I should get mine by end of week...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Ordered this blind today!
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears."

FAVORITES - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Gandini 1896 Teak Wood, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Green Valley, Chanel Platinum Egoiste, Bond No.9 I Love NY, Acqua di Parma Intensa Oud, Rasasi Faqat Lil Rijal and Slumberhouse Jeke

Quote Originally Posted by acjigga View Post
    Ordered this blind today!
    Hope you like it...let us know...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Very good price. I may order this blind also.
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

*vicariously enjoying all the buying*

Sounds like some kinda Amouage concoction. Acjigga and others, I want review threads when y'all get them! I hope it's not good, cuz I said after my Reflection purchase I plan to make in approximately 32 hours from now, lol, I'm on a spending freeze. Gotta save to get back in school!

Sounds great, but I never buy blind. At the same time, there's more than likely no samples. Gah! Oh well.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Sounds like some kinda Amouage concoction. Acjigga and others, I want review threads when y'all get them! I hope it's not good, cuz I said after my Reflection purchase I plan to make in approximately 32 hours from now, lol, I'm on a spending freeze. Gotta save to get back in school!
    I got you Larwiz!

FAVORITES - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Gandini 1896 Teak Wood, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Green Valley, Chanel Platinum Egoiste, Bond No.9 I Love NY, Acqua di Parma Intensa Oud, Rasasi Faqat Lil Rijal and Slumberhouse Jeke

I'ma hold you to that Acjigga. Btw, I see you put it in your wardrobe list already! lol

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    Sounds great, but I never buy blind. At the same time, there's more than likely no samples. Gah! Oh well.
    If you like, when I get my bottle, I can send you a small sample if you like. PM me with your info, and I can try to send it out this weekend if I receive my bottle.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

What size is that bottle please?

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    What size is that bottle please?
    30 ml

Boy it's tempting to blind buy it - sounds great.

Laph:

Swiss arabian is a common non-luxury brand in the Middle East, so it's possible that it could be available in some local Middle Eastern stores (if there are any where you live).

I usually don't recommend blind buying, but this one is cheap enough that it might be worth the risk. Or else, you may find somebody to sell it to. You need to like strong oud though. This is not M7. Have you ever tried Tom Ford Oud Wood? It's much stronger than that, and with a mineral edge that goes in the direction of gasoline.

cacio

Going for a blind buy as well, I have liked most of the oils I have sampled so I will probably be ok with this either way. Plus it's pretty cheap considering some of the blends!
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    ... You need to like strong oud though. This is not M7. Have you ever tried Tom Ford Oud Wood? It's much stronger than that, and with a mineral edge that goes in the direction of gasoline.

cacio
    Yes, you certainly need to like oudh. Few things annoy me more on Basenotes than when guys who arn't fans of oudh complain about not liking a particular oudh fragrance/oil. Or they say, "...oh, I'll settle for M7". Get real.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Looks like you guys cleaned house haha. It's Back-ordered :P

This sounds very interesting. Would this be great for a date or an intimate moment?
    SPRING CLEANING FOR SALE: Opened with boxes, but at least 98% juice left of The Antidote, Kenzo Power & Au Masculin. Want to sell in a package deal CHEAP! PM me with offer.

A date? Risky - for the usual reason, it's strog and not everybody likes oud. I think that another Swiss Arabian oud mixture, Mukhallat Shahama, would be best for a date because it's less stark, it's more amber than oud, so most people will like it.

cacio

A date? Risky - for the usual reason, it's strog and not everybody likes oud. I think that another Swiss Arabian oud mixture, Mukhallat Shahama, would be best for a date because it's less stark, it's more amber than oud, so most people will like it.

cacio
    lol Now this one will be back ordered too
    sounds interesting

Let us know your input please!
    I am interested in purchasing some as well
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

From the description, it really sounds to me like one of the Amouage attars.

Makhalat Malaki description:
    A rich oriental Agarwood based Floral blend with a top note of pure Turkish Rose and a body of Indian & Combodian Agarwood. Hint of flowers, expensive Indian Amber, Spanish Saffron and a base of Woods, Mosses and Musks. Recommended for Men.

The notes in Amouage Tribute
    Rose Taifi, Jasmine, Saffron, Frankincense, Cedarwood, Tobacco, Leather, Patchouli, Vetiver.

Is this comparable to Tribute or Homage (both of which I have yet to try)?

The notes in many Arabic perfumes all sound the same (oud, rose, saffron/sandalwood), but the outcome can be very different. Pretty much as for western perfumes.

Homage is not an oud, it has a touch of oud, but it is primarily a big incense-floral, more in the western style than in the Arabian style. Tribute is close to the expensive true oud oils, it's woody and somewhat smoky, with the flowers in the background. Tribute it is more refined and dry than Mukhallat Malaki, which is sweeter, starker and bolder, and clearly synthetic (which is not necessarily a bad thing, of course).

cacio

Ok. Thanx Cacio!

This is not M7. Have you ever tried Tom Ford Oud Wood? cacio
    No I haven't. I'm planning on purchasing various samples soon, can you suggest any other good A-typical Oud frags to test out so I can have a good idea what to expect from Swiss Arabian Makhalat Malaki or oud in general?

I got my Swiss Arabian Makhalat Malaki today! Whoever said that you can smell it as soon as you open the box wasn't lying - it is POTENT!!! I just applied this to my skin and I immediately smell the rose, saffron and synthetic oud. It is very strong but it doesn't feel as overpowering with bombastic sillage like Black Aoud (which I love). As Cacio said, I definitely get the mineral/gasoline-like viscous note too. So far this smells much more expensive than $50 (the packaging is very nice as well). Let's see how this acts on my skin throughout the day and I'll continue to report back!

acjigga:

that was fast! On me, the mineral note vanishes with time. Moreover, I feel it if I sniff the skin closely, but one doesn't feel it when smelling it in the air.

It's a tough fight for what is more overpowering. But note that this is an oil - you don't have the initial blast of the spray, which hits you with tons of particles. Oils are actually weaker upon application but get stronger as they warm up on skin. so I bet that after a few minutes this is stronger than Black Aoud (for the same reason, it's easy to overapply oils, one should go easy and wait).

laph:
    others have discussed this already in other threads. I'd say that each western perfume emphasizes certain aspects of oud, so there's really no equivalent. Moreover, there is a lot of difference within Arabian oud themselves, so again, no rule. I'd say Black Aoud and TF oud wood are a good starting point. Synthetic ouds are cheaper than western perfumes, so you may be able to smell them directly.

Aged ouds are different again, more woody and dry, and, in a way, more natural smelling (in the sense of real wood).

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by acjigga View Post
    I got my Swiss Arabian Makhalat Malaki today! Whoever said that you can smell it as soon as you open the box wasn't lying - it is POTENT!!! I just applied this to my skin and I immediately smell the rose, saffron and synthetic oud. It is very strong but it doesn't feel as overpowering with bombastic sillage like Black Aoud (which I love). As Cacio said, I definitely get the mineral/gasoline-like viscous note too. So far this smells much more expensive than $50 (the packaging is very nice as well). Let's see how this acts on my skin throughout the day and I'll continue to report back!
    That was quick...my box should be in the mail when I get home...can't wait to open mine up too....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

I receieved my bottle in the mail yesterday. Cacio was not kidding when he said you can smell it even before you open the bottle. The packaging is very boutique. It even comes with a velvet bag so you can put the bottle in it. Similar to the Amouage Attar, the bottle sits on a platform. The top has a stopper like a jar. Smells much stronger than the sample that cacio sent me. I believe because this is 30 ml shouting at me. Still a very beautiful smell. The initial blast when you apply it on is very loud. Screaming at you. Now I know what cacio meant by the synthetic oud. It's a very sharp scent in the opening that just kind of goes straight to your brain, but then as it settles down, all you smell is the roses and saffron, and hint of wood and amber in the background. A very beautiful scent for the price. Looks and smells more than $50. Warning this is not your typical western fragrance.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Indeed, 30ml of concentrated oil is a huge quantity.

Also, as I mentioned before, it's easy to overapply. The vial has a tiny stick for dabbing, the stopper has a much bigger surface that holds a lot of oil. If you want to recreate the effect of dabbing a small amount, you either have to use a vial-sized stick, or be careful to apply only a tiny quantity.

cacio

Ok, so today I recieved a sample of this (thanx to one of our very generous basenoters), and I must say: this smells a lot like a mix between Amouage Epic and Lyric. It's got the leather from Epic and the rose from Lyric. Anyone else get that?

Ok, so today I recieved a sample of this (thanx to one of our very generous basenoters), and I must say: this smells a lot like a mix between Amouage Epic and Lyric. It's got the leather from Epic and the rose from Lyric. Anyone else get that?
    That's interesting...I have to go smell my sample of Epic and Lyric and then smell the Malaki to see if i get what you're getting? So do you like the Malaki? What do you think of it?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

I just purchased this fragrance, is it really good as people have stated?

To Change and Ang, I think it's okay. Now I've never been too big on florals/rose, and I'm just now getting familiar with oud, so...I may not be the best person to judge this genre of fragrance. I'm an oriental/gourmand lover. But I mean...I certainly didn't hate it. I'll try to give this a full wearing some time this weekend. We'll see how that goes...

In case anyone didn't know, Zahras now offers a sample program of four sample vials for $12 (inclusive of P&P). Of course, this excludes their high-end perfumes.

I think I'll be opting for this method, just to be safe (as well as sampling some other releases).

To Change and Ang, I think it's okay. Now I've never been too big on florals/rose, and I'm just now getting familiar with oud, so...I may not be the best person to judge this genre of fragrance. I'm an oriental/gourmand lover. But I mean...I certainly didn't hate it. I'll try to give this a full wearing some time this weekend. We'll see how that goes...
    Larwiz, I was also not a floral/rose fan before I learned to appreciate all the different kinds of fragrance out there...It's kind of like trying new food.... Chinese, Indian, Middle Eastern, Japanese, American, German, Mexican etc....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

I tell you what Change...I recieved a sample of Arpege edp along with this sample, and I really like it! Next woman in my life is getting a bottle of this!

middle east perfumes are always good especially the sandalwood and Oud

I tell you what Change...I recieved a sample of Arpege edp along with this sample, and I really like it! Next woman in my life is getting a bottle of this!
    I guess this fragrance can be consider a uni-sex fragrance because of the roses and saffron...a fragrance that is similar to this one is Amouage Epic Woman...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

I'm tempted to blind buy this... it sounds really good.

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    I'm tempted to blind buy this... it sounds really good.
    before you blind buy, hope you like roses and saffron...it's a floral fragrance...and there's a synthetic oud in it too...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Is mukhalat a reputable place to order from? (i.e. secure for credit card,etc..) I'm considering buying this based on your opinions..

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    Is mukhalat a reputable place to order from? (i.e. secure for credit card,etc..) I'm considering buying this based on your opinions..
    I used paypal to pay...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    before you blind buy, hope you like roses and saffron...it's a floral fragrance...and there's a synthetic oud in it too...
    I do like the rose in Black Aoud a lot. Is the synthetic oud similar to the one Montale uses?