Code of Conduct

Default Suggestions on niche samples

I am looking to try some niche perfumes, basically I am looking for an impressive Rose, Citrus or Gourmand scent. I really don't know where to look and there are many niche companies out there but I know that Chanel, Dior and YSL are the best in the designer world but what are their equivalents in the niche world?

So far I have found those perfumes but will order the samples when I get more suggestions;

Safran Troublant
    Un Bois Vanille
    Borneo 1834
    Incense Rose
    Brulure de Rose

Thank you very much
    Currently listening to: Counting Crows - Mr. Jones, The Last Waltz - Old Boy, The Prodigy - Firestarter, Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood, R.E.M - Losing My Religion, "He's On the Beach" - Kirsty MacColl, In-Grid - Tu Es Foutu

Default Re: Suggestions on niche samples

Gourmands: Chergui, Tobacco Vanille, Red Aoud

Rose: Black Aoud, Red Aoud

Citrus: Aqua di Parma (Colonia, Intensa, Assoluta)

Thanks for the reply d4N13L,

I really don't like the style of Montale perfumes I have tried Aoud Lime, Black Aoud and other scents from this line and didn't like any of them, they are too heavy and not impressive I want something very epic to the core and on grand scale, I have Aqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta and it smells like the cheap Tabac Original what a total let down it is not my style at all, thanks for mentioning Chergui I will add it to my list.

Sur la Plage

Rose:

Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau
    Pehnaligons Hammam Bouquet
    Czech & Speake Dark Rose
    Czech & Speake No 88
    Domenico Caraceni
    L'Artisan Voleur de Roses
    Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady
    Frederic Malle Une Rose
    Rosine Rose d'Homme
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Thanks for the reply petruccijc,

I will add the perfumes you mentioned to my list, I checked Luckyscent but couldn't find Frederic Malle perfumes there and I don't know any reputable site like luckyscent where I can get them from so if any one knows a good online store where I get Frederic Malle perfumes, please let me know!

Thanks for your help Sir!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Markx View Post
    Thanks for the reply petruccijc,

I will add the perfumes you mentioned to my list, I checked Luckyscent but couldn't find Frederic Malle perfumes there and I don't know any reputable site like luckyscent where I can get them from so if any one knows a good online store where I get Frederic Malle perfumes, please let me know!

Thanks for your help Sir!
    You could try www.theperfumedcourt.com or www.aedes.com for samples.

Happy sampling!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Aedes doesn't ship out of the USA though...Perfumed Court does.

Highness Rose
    Full Incense
    Aoud Musk

Parfums de Rosine is a niche house dedicated entirely to roses, in all its possible aspects (Rose d'homme, as mentioned already, but many more, eg Rose twill etc etc).

cacio

What is a niche perfume exactly? Is it a perfume that is superior to a designer perfume or a perfume that is hard to get and you have to search for it everywhere?
    I don't know why luckyscent doesn't carry some of those perfumes but I will get whatever I find there and be done with it, and maybe in the future I will consider Frederic Malle and Rosine perfumes.

Thank you guys!

Paestum Rose by Eau d'Italie is worth trying.

The term niche is used very broadly and loosely. It simply refers to perfume houses that do not have a general and large distribution as the regular mainstream ones. They are not found in most department stores, but only in a few specialized ones. The term doesn't refer to quality, although usually quality is higher - but more because the quality of mainstream releases is often dismal.

Arguably, the first niche house was Dyptique in the 70s, followed by some more in the 80s (eg l'Artisan parfumeur). The niche sector bloomed then in the late 90s and 2000s, and is still blooming now. So much that mainstream brands are putting out lines to mimick niche (eg Tom Ford, les exclusif by most French houses, etc).

cacio

I was reading the perfume guide by Luca Turin and stumbled upon a perfume named Philosykos but didn't know that Dyptique are the first few who started the niche trend in the perfume industry, thank you for clearing that up cacio, hopefully I might find something I like from all the samples