Code of Conduct

Default Another great frag ruined? Lagerfeld Cologne vs. Lagerfeld Classic.

I was lucky to acquire a bottle of the original, after I figured out the difference in the packaging (Classic uses a basic font on front of the bottles whereas the original one is very fancy). I was given a sample of Classic as an extra in a swap, tried it a few times, and didn't think much of it. I found it to be confused at first, drying down to something weak, uneven, and uninteresting. Then I came across a bottle selling inexpensively on ebay and read the BN reviews again.

I looked at the notes and thought that it should be something I'd like, but I also read about the lousy reformulation. Then I figured out which bottles to seek out, and eventually acquired one at a reasonable price. Today I gave it a full wearing. One way to think about it is that it's like a tobacco version of The Knize Ten. It's got the strong and heavy powdery iris note, along with some "dirty" jasmine. Overall, it's more of a blend, whch is what I think distinguishes this kind of frag from a typical niche frag, which focuses on a few notes, at most. I prefer the Lagerfeld Cologne approach, and really like this one. It is not very sweet or strong, and the only thing I would warn against is smelling it up close on the skin, which for some reason isn't nearly as good.

This is another one to grab while the prices are reasonable, as is the case for Acteur and perhaps a few others, IMO.

Default Re: Another great frag ruined? Lagerfeld Cologne vs. Lagerfeld Classic.

I agree that Acteur is worth snagging and a few others. However, never felt that way for the Lagerfeld choices.

What amazed me is that it is close enough to The Knize Ten that I might just sell/swap it off and keep the Lagerfeld !

Lagerfeld classic is very similar to Jovan Musk. I have always want to try Knize Ten.

Classic or Original ?

The bottle looks like Lagerfeld classic but it doesn't say 'classic' on it. The juice is a very deep dark orange. I bought this years and years ago - early 90's.

I just happened to wear this one day and Jovan Musk the next day. It smelled very much alike so I tested again and found both to be very similar.

Yeah I see the JOVAN connection in Lagerfeld a very dated fragrance.

i just bought a bottle of lagerfeld cologne. is it just me or it smells exactly like vintage chanel no.5 edc? spooky... anyone feels the same?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Lagerfeld is primarilly an opoponax frag. A good alternative for those who think Lagerfeld doesn't cut it anymore will be Les Nereides' Imperial Opoponax, which has vanilla, sandalwood and amber along with opoponax.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

How different is the vintage from the reformulation? The reformulation makes me sick.

I think it's a huge difference but apparently others disagree. The opening certainly does share similarities, but I find the original's drydown to be something special, better than most if not all niche that I've sampled.

The modern version is missing something that made the classic version much better.....The modern version is good.....It's just not like the original.....Gary

The original was all in the drydown that lasted for hours. Similar to Jovan musk(man , when I was a teen and Jovan musk was original...chicks would drool!)...but Lagerfeld was not as strong and more powdery. I would say a little more mature than the Jovan. I used Lagerfeld when I reached my 20's. Chicks dug it too.

I'm brand new here - first post - so Hi to all.

I purchased a 8 oz. bottle of Lagerfeld Classic eau de toilette a few years ago and just ran across it. Losn story short, it doesn't have a sprayer pump- and I would like to get one and start seeing if reels in any old ladies

Would any of you folks know where I could purchase a pump/spray ??

welcome lukeb
    decant ... decant

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    welcome lukeb
    decant ... decant
    Thanks Dimitrios

Is there any truth to toilette evaporating if you put in your own sprayer?

Quote Originally Posted by lukeb View Post
    Thanks Dimitrios
    you are welcome grasshopper GrassHopper and Po.jpg

Now !! Do not leave your atomiser in the sun or extremely hot places .
    & either get dark coloured ones or put a dark paper label around them .

Quote Originally Posted by lukeb View Post
    Thanks Dimitrios

Is there any truth to toilette evaporating if you put in your own sprayer?
    Most excellent! I'll hit the local joints today and see if I can find one !

Appreciate the learned advice.