Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme Cologne, worth if i own Dior Homme EDT?

I already bought Dior Homme Intense, and will buy Dior Homme EDT next days.
    Dior Homme Cologne worth if i own the EDT?

Last enough for a day at work?

Default Re: Dior Homme Cologne, worth if i own Dior Homme EDT?

If you can get it at a good price.

I dont search for prices yet, but for your reply i think it doesnt worth?

In my opinion - if you are an aspiring collector then yes, but i dont see the point getting it just to have not the projection or longevity the EDT has. Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    In my opinion - if you are an aspiring collector then yes, but i dont see the point getting it just to have not the projection or longevity the EDT has. Hope that helps
    Well, some say that is different! If only project and last less than EDT, Count me Out

Is it worth it? Not so much.

Having the DH Intense and the DH edt is more than enough and well worth it.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

It's very nice, and just different enough that you need it in your collection. Buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    It's very nice, and just different enough that you need it in your collection. Buy it.
    Well, now im excited again!
    The lasting is good? Some people say it last 2 hours, wich is unaceptable to me.

It lasts much longer than 2 hours on me. I get around 8-10 hours on a normal day. The Cologne version is simply a slightly lighter and more wearable form of the EDT in my opinion. Not note for note, but anybody smelling you will definitely see the close similarity to the regular Dior Homme EDT. I haven't tried the intense version, so I can't speak to how the Cologne version compares to it.
    I smell better than you.

Banned

As people who are constantly sniffing and sampling I think we're sometimes unaware of just how much sillage we give of, and for how long we give off sillage. Last year I was traveling by air and my day started around 5am so I could be on an 8am flight. I sprayed a few sprays of Dior Homme Cologne on my chest and one on each wrist around 5:30am. As far as I could tell I didn't smell like anything at all. It was a long day of airport hell - changing planes, delays, bad weather, etc. I finally arrived at my destination at 7pm, nearly 14 hours after showering and applying perfume. The person who picked me up at the airport exclaimed "what's that cologne you're wearing? It's strong!" I honestly had no idea the DH-Cologne was still 'active' because I couldn't smell anything on myself. This was a formative experience for me because it taught me that I can't trust my own sense of how long a fragrance lasts because I'm too inundated with aromas on a day to day basis. If I can't trust my own nose to judge longevity I certainly can't trust the longevity judgments of others who sample and sniff as much as I do. I see people complain about longevity all the time on this forum and many of the complained-about perfumes have perfectly normal life on the skin.

This is all a long way of saying Dior Homme Cologne is fantastic. From a technical and artistic perspective it's by far the best of the Dior Homme trio and deserving of ownership on that basis alone. The sillage and longevity really isn't so much less then the original, it's just that the composition itself is lighter with a greater emphasis on it's iris heart and less of a gourmand edge. Although named "Cologne" it's not an Eau de Cologne concentration....

It's the best of the bunch, imho. My advice would be to sell the the others and go for the cologne. They are not different enough to warrant keeping bottles of more then one version though.

Quote Originally Posted by nineXseven View Post
    This is all a long way of saying Dior Homme Cologne is fantastic. From a technical and artistic perspective it's by far the best of the Dior Homme trio and deserving of ownership on that basis alone. The sillage and longevity really isn't so much less then the original, it's just that the composition itself is lighter with a greater emphasis on it's iris heart and less of a gourmand edge. Although named "Cologne" it's not an Eau de Cologne concentration....

I agree. If I could only keep one of either the EDT or the Cologne, I'd keep the Cologne easily. To me it's more unique. The gourmand aspects of Dior Homme aren't my favorite part, so I'm not interested in the Intense either. The Cologne is far superior in my opinion.

Having owned the Cologne for a while now, I think it's worth noting that what really shines here and doesn't get enough praise is, is just how good the bergamot is here. While it's a fact that nearly all men's fragrances have some component of the ubiquitous bergamot note, it rarely gets the chance to really shine through in a composition. The bergamot in Dior Homme Cologne smells very high quality and it really adds a sparkling, bright edge to balance out the powdery lavender and iris notes beneath. I also get neroli/orange blossoms in there too.

I know that the common attitude is heavier is better and fresh=generic, but Dior Homme Cologne breaks out of this idea, for me at least. I find that it smells more expansive. There is more space in the Cologne version.

Dior Homme Cologne seems hard to find. I've seen it in only a few places online. Never seen it in a store.

Beyond its qualities as a fine fragrance and superior addition to the Dior Homme line, it strikes me as a good investment for collectors.

Plus, it's in a big, cool version of the original EdT bottle. Looks great in your collection.

I find it performs as advertised: it's an EdC version, a little lighter, and more wearable on a day-to-day basis.

A great buy, IMO. I'm considering a back-up bottle now.

Im 90% convinced to buy

If you already have EDT, the Cologne is the closest thing to it that you can buy, obviously.

While they are different, I'd say spend your money on another fragrance for more variety and therefore more bang for your buck.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Dior Homme Cologne seems hard to find. I've seen it in only a few places online. Never seen it in a store.

Beyond its qualities as a fine fragrance and superior addition to the Dior Homme line, it strikes me as a good investment for collectors.

Plus, it's in a big, cool version of the original EdT bottle. Looks great in your collection.

I find it performs as advertised: it's an EdC version, a little lighter, and more wearable on a day-to-day basis.

A great buy, IMO. I'm considering a back-up bottle now.
    Small, minor correction: DHC is not an "EdC" version (which refers to the concentration). Rather it's a lighter composition. There is no indication that the concentration is any less then that of the EdT.

I agree with all those who said that Cologne is the best (most wearable) of all the Dior Homme versions.

I have the EdC version. I wore it for a while. Then I used an original tester at a department store and I think I like it more.

To me, Original is slightly better than Cologne which is slightly better than Intense which is way way better than Sport.

I think that's the best of the three. The original has too much iris, the Intense is too sweet to my taste - this on is great.

If you want something similar, get Olivier Polge's other creation: Midnight in Paris EDP -- it's Dior Homme EDT with leather note, instead of iris.

Dior Homme Cologne has very poor longevity compared to Dior Homme Original, despite two of them being ETD.