Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default "Spa" fragrances

What I mean by that is, fragrances that smell like a spa, or very aromatherapeutic and natural smelling.

For example: Eau Dynamisante by Clarins, Aveda Men Pure-formance Aroma Spray.....

Anyway, can you think of any?
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: "Spa" fragrances

For a Victorian "Spa" feeling: Hammam Bouquet

Post Thanks / Like

Nancy Boy Signature Scent Body Spray

Post Thanks / Like

I get a spa feel from Lacoste Booster...the topnotes smell like a modern, high-end yoga studio scented with eucalyptus leaves.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just thinking about this a couple days ago, since a 'spa' fragrance can mean so many different things to everyone. Does it smell like the 'air in a spa'? Does it smell like the products that they use, on your body, in a spa? If so, and one place uses one product that smells a certain way, then another place uses something else...it changes how we interpret a 'spa' scent.

I agree with you Grottola, that Aveda fragrances generally convey this sort of 'natural', 'herbal' and 'aroma-therapeutic' vibe. I'm not sure what the actual notes are that conjure up this olfactory image (lavender? eucalyptus? both?) but even the shampoos, lotions and soaps convey this feeling. The Pure-Formance smell a bit more like real fragrances, with resins, incense, amber, florals, etc. The problem, of course, with many of Aveda fragrances is the incredibly short longevity.

Another scent that instantly conveyed this feeling to me was Marrakech by Aesop. I recently got a sample, in a swap with one of my BN buddies and I loved it. I remember getting a fantastic ayurvedic massage at Canyon Ranch Spa (here in Miami Beach) and when I left the scent that lingered all over me reminded me of Marrakech. It has a spicy bite to it, which as many of you already know my tastes, always interests me in a scent - but this is very soft. I actually expected more of a bite to this, but the cardamom and clove are whisper soft and blend wonderfully with a soft, non-creamy sandalwood. I felt like I was wrapped in a cocoon of middle-Eastern smells and honestly it is nothing like the Serge Lutens scents (which, BTW, I love) rather this one is sheer, lightweight, and yet perfectly hovered inside my personal space for three or four hours. It comes in an EdT and an oil (I only tried the EdT) and now Aedes and Luckyscent both have it. Highly recommended.

Two others that come to mind are the Monocle x Comme des Garcons fragrances, Scent One: Hinoki or Scent Two: Laurel. They both were inspired by ritualized bathing techniques (Japanese spas, Turkish laurel bath soaps).
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Eau Zone.

Post Thanks / Like

When I think of "spa" scents, L'occitane products always come to mind.

La Via del Profumo Balsamo della Mecca

Balsamo della Mecca , nice contrast Labdanun-amber & Rose-Tuberose
    ( Dark Loud Amber and delicate floral notes Rose - Tuberose !! )

Farfalla Essential Fragrances

Sandrani
    Aura
    Last edited by 1234567890; 5th April 2011 at 04:06 AM.
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

Another scent that instantly conveyed this feeling to me was Marrakech by Aesop. I recently got a sample, in a swap with one of my BN buddies and I loved it. I remember getting a fantastic ayurvedic massage at Canyon Ranch Spa (here in Miami Beach) and when I left the scent that lingered all over me reminded me of Marrakech.
    There are canyons in Miami Beach?