Code of Conduct

Default Kouros longevity issue

It'd seem that I'm not getting more than 8 hours of longevity with Kouros. I'm sure I don't own a fake. I hope I'm just anosmic, but somehow there's that worm of doubt.

Anyone else having longevity problems with Kouros? Scents usually last very long time on me, burberry london for instance on wich longevity many ppl complain etc.

Default Re: Kouros longevity issue

Kouros is my SOTD. Haven't found it to be the sillage or longevity monster it has been portrayed to be on this site. Admittedly I am late to the game in that I have only owned and worn this really terrific fragrance for a couple months. 8 hours IMO is a really good track for a frag.

I think 8 hours its a pretty damn good longevity.

From about 200 colognes that i tested, less than 10 last for 8 hours or more on me!

8 hours seems good to me

April Fool's is over, Zgb!

Seriously, though - isn't 8 hours of Kouros enough? Any longer, and your palms will start growing hair!

(p.s. I'm a Kourosaholic myself)
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

If all my scents gave me 8 hours, I'd gladly take it...

Sur la Plage

I wasn't getting the longevity I wanted out of it either. That's why I opted to buy the EDP version instead. I am glad I stocked up on it before it was discontinued.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Consistently 11+ strong hours of kouros.Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I wasn't getting the longevity I wanted out of it either. That's why I opted to buy the EDP version instead. I am glad I stocked up on it before it was discontinued.
    Wow, youre lucky!

I own only a partial bottle of EDP.

Maybe we can swap for one of my 0.25oz Pure parfum bottles

I have full-day longevity with Kouros, but for the last half of that, it's basically a skin scent...I wouldn't be surprised it if quit after 8 hours on someone.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

If you spray it on your clothing (not sure if that is something you are willing to do), it will last much longer.

No problem with longevity here.

It projects really well for the first two or three hours. After that it stays close to the skin.
    Longevity on me is good though although some other fragrances, Opium PH, Jaipur and L'instant PH EDP last way longer on me than Kouros.
    I am not sure why a lot of people feel that Kouros is the king of longevity and sillage.
    It simply isn't.

Tnx for your answers ppl. I just sprayed some on my arm so I can see if it lasts through the night

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

That's why I opted to buy the EDP version instead.
    There are Kouros EdPs out there?!

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Maybe we can swap for one of my 0.25oz Pure parfum bottles
    And parfums, too? Nooo, really?!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    There are Kouros EdPs out there?!

And parfums, too? Nooo, really?!
    Thats what I'm saying...

Good get. Did you pick up any of those small bottles of the "Extrait Haute Concentration" ? That's really something.

I addressed my similar problem in this post.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/262...ht.?highlight=

Or at least I think I did.

It survived the night, close to skin though (I only had a one small spritz).

I guess I'll simply use a little bit more sprays in the future, not more than 4 I guess

Kouros lasts quite awhile on my skin, but after 6 or 7 hours, it stays quite close. The current formulation isn't a sillage beast. My experience is that Kouros Fraicheur, which lasts just as long as the current formulation of it's predecessor, actually has more sillage for a longer amount of time.

Kouros is still lvely but it's unfortunately not the as strong or long lasting as it used to be. But still 6-8 hours is quite good.

Holy Cow: There's an EDP version of Kouros knocking about somewhere in the world!!! I would seriously, seriously like to get my hands on some of that. Learning this, I feel as though I've been given a new task in life: 'Things to do before dying: Find some EDP Kouros!'

It might not be actual longevity, but your own perception of how long it's lasting. It's a strong scent, and olfactory fatigue can set in pretty quickly. I used to have a similar issue with Drakkar Noir and Kouros. My solution? Don't spray near your neck or your face. What I do now is spray on the backs of my hands and one spray on the back of my neck (leaves a sillage trail). I don't get olfactory fatigue that way, and since both of those frags crank out serious sillage, I can smell them well into 12 or 13 hours. Try it out.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    It might not be actual longevity, but your own perception of how long it's lasting. It's a strong scent, and olfactory fatigue can set in pretty quickly. I used to have a similar issue with Drakkar Noir and Kouros. My solution? Don't spray near your neck or your face. What I do now is spray on the backs of my hands and one spray on the back of my neck (leaves a sillage trail). I don't get olfactory fatigue that way, and since both of those frags crank out serious sillage, I can smell them well into 12 or 13 hours. Try it out.
    Thank you! I rarely spray on the back of my neck but I'll take heed to your advice.

My eyes popped out when i saw the title of this thread. 8 hours for kouros? It seems to outlast the day for me and has to be washed off! Your pores must be the size of moon craters!
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Kouros was my SOTD yesterday and I can still smell it. It lasts 12+ hours on me. Like others, I would snap up a Kouros EDP if I saw one, but obviously the EDT is strong enough for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Critic View Post
    My eyes popped out when i saw the title of this thread. 8 hours for kouros? It seems to outlast the day for me and has to be washed off! Your pores must be the size of moon craters!
    hahahaah, your post made me laugh. I wouldn't say as scents last very long on me, even the ones on wich ppl generally complain to be very shortlived. Maybe it was just such day.