Code of Conduct

Thread: Jeux de Peau

Smile Jeux de Peau

I JUST got it jumped in the shower to wash off what i was wearing. Applied then took a journey to my childhood. It smells like warm, buttered toast with apricot jam. It is delicious

Default Re: Jeux de Peau

sadly it's only good for 20 mins. Then, it reminds me of another serge lutens. I think Datura Noir or Douce Amere?

Yes the top notes last about that time - would not leave the house until the top notes had simmered down. For me the creamy dry down is the best part as the opening notes are fun, gourmand BUT not for everyone.

I am going to sample this tomorrow. Sounds truly interesting and off beat.

Quote Originally Posted by kccparis View Post
    Yes the top notes last about that time - would not leave the house until the top notes had simmered down. For me the creamy dry down is the best part as the opening notes are fun, gourmand BUT not for everyone.
    I agree with you - you HAVE to let this one dry a bit. Otherwise it s quite sickly. But the dry down is great

---
    Last edited by PigeonMurderer; 6th April 2011 at 08:44 AM.

This has gotten my interest. Must also try this soon. Just wish it came in a larger size.

I have to try this! Buttered toast is just my absolute favourite smell and apricot jam is my jam of choice

On my skin, this is a very nice creamy sandalwood. The whole buttered toast thing is lost on me. Nice, but ultimately for me, unnecessary in my collection.

Regards,
    Steve

I've tried it and i'm with most of your opinions. My problem is that i don't see myself wearing this, I get tired of its foody sweetness (don't know if that's the correct way of explaining it). It smells like hot buttery bread... i can get fed up with so much bread after a long time wearing it.

I almost was hoping that I would hate Jeux de Peau. Don't get me wrong, I love buttered toast. I'm one of those people that starts with two slices and can proceed to finish off the loaf. I enjoyed the opening and found that it transformed to more of a carmel note and once the dry down occurred, I was hooked. Another wonderful fall/winter scent from Serge Lutens. Even if one of his fragrances isn't for me, it is well crafted and I can still enjoy that part of his creations.
    - Expect the unexpected

Basenotes Institution

I love it. But, I agree with Flaconneur that Jeux de Peau is a cold weather fragrance. I won't go near a bottle 'til the end of this year.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle