Code of Conduct

Default Bond No.9 - No longer sold at Holt Renfrew (for the Canadians!)

I called in today to try to make an appointment to try out Fire Island (again), Riverside Drive, Silver Factory, Chez Bond, Wall Street, Bleecker Street, and New Harleem.

Sure enough, they pulled the line... Yesterday.

What solid luck! hahah
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Edit: 2015... I've given up and given in
    Want to buy or swap: A*men Ultra Zest, Bentley Intense, Mont Blanc Legend Intense, Paco Rabanne Invictus,

Default Re: Bond No.9 - No longer sold at Holt Renfrew (for the Canadians!)

Neil4speed, did they give you any explanation? Maybe they're just playing a cruel joke...

Sheglows.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheglows! View Post
    Neil4speed, did they give you any explanation? Maybe they're just playing a cruel joke...

Sheglows.
    No they didn't! Go figure, The person I was speaking to sounded a bit clueless though.

On a plus side, I called Bond No.9 and they do the 6 Samples for $15 packets to Canada as well! Awesome!! I can just go pick it up at Fragrancenet/Ebay after lol.

I got Fire Island, Riverside Drive, Silver Factory, Chez Bond, Bleecker Street, and New Harleem - They were out of Wall Street. The lady there, Diana, was really nice and was happy to send it to me.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Edit: 2015... I've given up and given in
    Want to buy or swap: A*men Ultra Zest, Bentley Intense, Mont Blanc Legend Intense, Paco Rabanne Invictus,

hmf, what a surprise (not sarcastic).

Incase you're wondering, I just called and they're not on sale

anyone got hookups to get a tester?
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir - PATCHOULI ABSOLU
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress, Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura, Azure Lime, Champacca Absolute

HARD TO FIND - Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Ooohh, that's a good idea.. I called the Vancouver store and the S.A said they still have stock on most items just that they are not restocking.
    Neil4Speed, good to hear you got what you were looking for.
    Maybe I should phone back about the testers...

Any idea if they are letting go of testers?

Ahhh lucky you guys. Hey if they're letting go of testers or discounting full bottles, and one of you very nice lovely Canadian fellows would like to do me a favor and purchase a bottle for me, it'd be very nice .

I asked if they'd sell testers and they said no... but as usual I suspect that's the official story and for a good customer (ie not me) they might let a few go. so if any of y'all got some pull with a SA now's the time to use it.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir - PATCHOULI ABSOLU
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress, Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura, Azure Lime, Champacca Absolute

HARD TO FIND - Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

This is so typical of the Canadian retail market. But being that the population here is 30 million versus 310 million to the South perhaps I'm not suprised.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post
    This is so typical of the Canadian retail market. But being that the population here is 30 million versus 310 million to the South perhaps I'm not suprised.
    You're right. Same happened with Serge Lutens in the past 2 years, they were all over the place for a while. Then....well, disappeared.

There are so many niche brands in Toronto, which surprised me....but not only the population is low, but so is the market for perfumes I suppose. And Holt Renfrew did sort of carry too many lines. Besides, let's face it, Bond No. 9 existence is pointless in a store that also carries creeds. Save for New Haarlem, Chinatown and Fire Island....the only standouts to me. I feel sad for us who live in North America (save for New York, California and Vancouver). You have to do most of your shopping online. And not that I care about Bond no.9, but that's the fourth Niche line that disappeared from a store in Toronto in the past 12 months, and there are probably more I don't know of. There's simply too small of a market for perfumes in NA compared to Europe and the Middle East. Even the prices of perfumes are usually higher, despite the fact that generally Europe is more expensive.

I had a decent relationship with a few SAs in Toronto, but I doubt they'd still sell or give away testers. Especially after the stories about SA's losing their jobs for giving away Creed testers I've read. Oh well, my girlfriend is going to give it a shot and perhaps try to get New Haarlem for me at a reasonable price.
    Last edited by Ekove; 6th April 2011 at 02:44 AM.

The Holt stores in Toronto stopped restocking Bond No.9 last year. The reason I was given was that they are a very "chaotic" company to deal with. Most of the issues were around supply. Do not despair, though, just recently, the Bay started carrying them. I think they carry the full line. You can check the Bay's website or stop by their Yorkdale or Queen St. locations to check.

I was just about to say The Bay has picked up the slack...

So far the only one worth owning so far has been New Haarlem for me. Havent sampled the whole line just yet though.

oh I remember this thread! So I can now confirm, Holt's no longer has the line and I've heard that The Bay will get it it, maybe in the spring? Can't confirm for sure though.

Jam, test out the line. There are probably too many in it, but a decent number of 'hits' in there so it's worth exploring.
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 4th January 2012 at 02:12 AM.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    I called in today to try to make an appointment to try out Fire Island (again), Riverside Drive, Silver Factory, Chez Bond, Wall Street, Bleecker Street, and New Harleem.
    you have to make an appointment to sample colognes?

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Now I know why I was receiving so many emails from HR to refill my Bond No.9 bottle! Alas, I did not realize it was almost empty. Too late now
    Last edited by Babs97; 10th January 2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Did not realize I was posting in a MALE fragrance discussion.

Darn, now where will I find my overpriced copies of other scents marketed in a tacky bottle and sold to the same clueless demographic that just had to do the "Sex and the City" tour cause they think they're "totally a Carrie" *barf*

I had no idea the Andy Warhol Union Square bottle was considered tacky.
    Thank you for educating a member of a clueless demographic.

I always thought that even though Canada only having 34 million people vs usa's 310 million was a good market for the fragrance industry, there are a lot of canadians including myself on this website and it seems lately they have been pulling out some big names in some stores. Most notably serge lutens which was once easily found everywhere is extremly hard now, somehow not surprised at bond no 9 being pulled but could be a sign of canada slowing down in sales with fragrances lately.....

bond no 9's are now available at the bay. the queen st location for sure, haven't been to other bay locations

Looks like the line is also available at Yorkdale, downtown Vancouver, and Montreal locations.
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8750960&type=3

edit in response to crvn below...

(Queen Bay has a (limited) selection of them tucked in with the ladies fragrances)
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 17th January 2012 at 01:26 AM.

yep they were there when i went about two weeks ago. They are displayed along with the other female perfumes, away from male colognes