Code of Conduct

Default my boss swears there are pheramones in his sweat, and that he smells sexy to women...

i say there are no discernable pheramones in his sweat and that he stinks to women and men alike. even if there are pheramones in his sweat, his sweat stinks, so... this guy even hates colognes. i wear extra strong stuff when i know im going to be working with him. im just wired that way. you can smell his armpit sweat, his hair/head oil, his face sweat, etc... he swears this subliminally "turns on" women who are (un)fortunate enough to be within smelling range. i think he is narcissistic and delusional. and stinky.

Default Re: my boss swears there are pheramones in his sweat, and that he smells sexy to women...

Well, Pheramones are present in everybodys sweat as far as I know. Except modern civilization humans shower often enough for it no to accumulate in significant portions. However, even if one doesn't shower, the smell is more suggestive of being dirty and uncivilized before suggesting sex. I mean fresh sweat can be alluring in the right context, but accumulated sweat is a nono....and if any woman got turned on by that she either likes the guy to begin with or is a fetishist.

Default Re: my boss swears there are pheramones in his sweat, and that he smells sexy to women...

Get him a bottle of the worst fragrance from Boss and wrapp it up and leave it on his desk. Maybe he will get the message.lol

i forgot to mention the main thing- he doesnt wear deoderant or antiperspirant! ive been so crass as to say to him "you stink. just stop it!!" he loves his own stink.

You boss is correct. What he calls "pheromones", is known to most people as $$$$$.

Just teasing, ladies!

That's disgusting and unhygienic. Someone needs to punch that sweaty gorilla in the face. Though, since you're his subordinate, it may be better for your job security not to do so.

hmmm... ive been planning an early retirement anyway... but i dont want to punch him... id be tempted to smell my knuckles afterwards.

you should fart when two of you are in close proximity.
    it's essentially the same thing. both are down to personal choice and people think they smell bad, and consider them uncivilized.

Sounds like a Human Resources issue to me.

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    That's disgusting and unhygienic.
    Agree.

lol your boss is a funny man. Eccentric indeed!
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

What line of work requires such close proximity ?

I have encountered a lot of people who smell like sweat and none of my female co-workers have ever told me that they found the smell of old dried up sweat attractive.
    Usually they are disgusted by the smell.
    Going to work knowing you smell like sweat and not doing something about it is somewhat antisocial.
    The same can of course be said about people who wear too much fragrance to work, although I rather smell somebody who has overapplied their sotd than a sweaty man.

He may be factually correct, as has been pointed out, but still my first thought on seeing the thread title was that your boss sounds like a complete tool.
    Last edited by WillC; 5th April 2011 at 10:21 PM.

I worked with a female from Russia that did not take showers or wash her hair. It was not sexy...it stank. We went HR to handle it.
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by digger51 View Post
    I worked with a female from Russia that did not take showers or wash her hair. It was not sexy...it stank. We went HR to handle it.
    You went Habit Rouge to handle it? did it solve the problem?

one of the funniest threads in a while lol!
    at least he doesn't object to your usage of colognes, now that would SUCK haha.
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

The scent of sweat is sexy when you are attracted to the person...in a private situation. This is, however, a difference between sweaty/sexy and the smell of a locker room.

I once stood in a queue behind a man who had the sweetish, putrid scent of someone who had an illness and had not bathed in several days. It was horrid.

At work, no one should smell ungroomed or unbathed.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Not all pheromones are the attractive kind. Nature is constantly experimenting and the overwhelming number of those experiments are abject failures.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    What line of work requires such close proximity ?
    were home builders

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    He may be factually correct, as has been pointed out, but still my first thought on seeing the thread title was that your boss sounds like a complete tool.
    hes something else. mid-life thing going on.

i dont think is the smell of sweat what turns girls on

But smelling the sweat will make them wake their Biologically attraction mechanism

well, we all know girls are atractated to alpha males

they can detect alpha males sometimes By phisical traits
    for example if the man has a firm round Butt, pectoral and strong muscles
    we need to go Back to prehistorical times to understand why girls feel attracted
    the guy with this physical traits used to Be the leader of the triBe
    the one Better genetically gifted, used to go out and face dangers, hunt animals
    to Bring food home and protect the family
    and this is what a women is genetically programed to: look for the man that is going
    to protect her and give her the Best genes for her BaBies

some other times By personality traits girls know if the man is an alpha male
    for example a fresh laidBack attitude, leadership skills, even that guy that misthreat them
    and sometimes ignore them over the guy who always threat her right and give her everything (this last guy they usually perceive him as the Beta male)

and in this case, girls can actually spot an alpha male By the smell

there's information can Be found in the sweat
    girls suBconciously get the information they need
    and so they Be aBle to know if the guy is healthy
    and Being healthy means he is well genetically gifted and strong
    to protect the family, Bring the food home and give her healthy and strong offspring

of course not every woman is aware of this

But this is how the pheromone thing is explained

i Believe it can influence a girl Behavoir on the one who smells like pheromones

But i don't think it can makes a girl jump at you and rape you

and i dont think not using colongne will help to smell more like pheromones
    you can use a small amount of cologne and still it will Be perceived

The classic experiment on the ability of humans to pick up on chemical signals:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/li.../l_016_08.html

So perhaps, perfume actually will probably interfere with natural ability to pick the most appropriate mate!

But when you are smelling stink body odor, you aren't smelling pheronomes, you are smelling the by-products of bacteria that are breaking down the sweat and body oils into interesting, unpleasant stinky compounds like propanoic acid (thats the sour one like vinegar) and 3-methyl butanoic acid. (thats the one that smells like rotten cheese) Fresh sweat doesn't smell like much at all.

So I guess your boss likes attracting people who like sour / rotten smells.

If your boss really wants to project his natural smell he would be best advised to take a lukewarm shower in the evening and a apply an unfragranced antibacterial preparation to his underarms. Then wear a clean tee-shirt to bed which he can wear through the day. That way he is most likely to concentrate his natural smell but not allow himself just to stink of rotting cheese and vinegar.

Otherwise he is just a douchebag who enjoys smelling bad to make other people uncomfortable.

I dont know why kouros comes to my mind when i read this thread ....

Natural body odor can be sexy and definitely does carry pheromones in it. If a person will eat a diet without alcohol, meat and sulphurous vegetables the body odor will be sweet and very attractive. Sometimes it can smell like flowers. Pheromones do have an affect and some people smell much better by not covering up their native body smell. Heavy fragrance application can hide your pheromones and cover up your personal musk scent - it is best to select something that goes well with your natural smell.

I actually know a lot of people, who believes that and refuses to wear a deodorant even in summer.

I find it gross, but to be honest it seems to work with the ladies for them. Maybe it's just the placebo effect giving them an unfounded confidence.

Give him a sample of Secretions Magnifique and tell him that's what he smells like.

It's been my experience that the guys who think that they're irresistible to women are inevitably the ones who really, really aren't.

Especially when they smell of old, dried BO. Fresh sweat can definitely be a turn-on in very specific contexts. Old dried stinky sweat? No.

Hi, I think he needs a special help by psychotherapist.