Code of Conduct

Default perfume that matches this feeling... is there such a thing?

I went outside very early in the morning, so the air was still cool and damp. There was a slight floral scent in the air, with some green. Kind of like walking into a cooler at the florist but more dewy.... I want to smell exactly like that. Clear, cool, flowery and damp. My Olivia Giacobetti En Passant is along the lines what I am looking for, but not as heavy on the floral.
    Do you have any ideas as to what I can try?

Default Re: perfume that matches this feeling... is there such a thing?

I haven't tried En Passat, but I immediately came to think about L'ombre dans l'eau.

Thanks, I will see if I can find that... it looks like what I am looking for!

Basenotes Plus

Have you tried La Chasse Aux Papillons by L'Artisan Parfumeur? It's the first perfume that came to mind when I read your post. It has notes of Linden blossom, lemon tree blossom, orange blossom, jasmine and tuberose. It's very light and pretty. Only drawback is the longevity, only lasts for approx. 3 hours. You can check it out at Luckyscent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mandyfin View Post
    I went outside very early in the morning, so the air was still cool and damp. There was a slight floral scent in the air, with some green. Kind of like walking into a cooler at the florist but more dewy.... I want to smell exactly like that. Clear, cool, flowery and damp. My Olivia Giacobetti En Passant is along the lines what I am looking for, but not as heavy on the floral.
    Do you have any ideas as to what I can try?
    You have just described Un Matin d'Orage by Annick Goutal perfectly!
    Carnal Flower also comes close.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution

Un Matin d'Orage is a good one !
    Also Bluebell by Penhaligon.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Have you tried La Chasse Aux Papillons by L'Artisan Parfumeur? It's the first perfume that came to mind when I read your post. It has notes of Linden blossom, lemon tree blossom, orange blossom, jasmine and tuberose. It's very light and pretty. Only drawback is the longevity, only lasts for approx. 3 hours. You can check it out at Luckyscent.

Hi - I have some samples of La Chasse, in theory, it is very much what I want, but there is something in it that gives me a bad headache and I can't figure out what it is...

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mandyfin View Post
    Hi - I have some samples of La Chasse, in theory, it is very much what I want, but there is something in it that gives me a bad headache and I can't figure out what it is...
    Oh goodness, you surely don't want that to happen. Have you ever tried Odalisque by Parfums de Nicolai? It's another beautiful fresh, light floral, it's notes are lily of the valley, jasmine and iris root. They also have Le Temps D'Une Fete, which is so good!! With notes of galbanum, mastic, opoponax, narcissus, hyacinth, daffodil, styrax, oakmoss and sandalwood. Smells like being outside in the garden on a spring day.

Have you tried L'Infante by Divine?
    Or Eden by Cacharel? They might fit the bill, but
    test them out first.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

What about Unicorn Spell? It's the first thing that came to mind. It's got a damp earthy floral vibe. Might work.

Antonia's Flowers

I'd think of Apres L'Ondee, L'Heure Bleue and yes, Une Fleur de Cassie!

When I go to my friends house, there are some stone stairs that look like a little forest passage to another world...I use to call it- my special place to try out perfumes...it seems to me that even in the very hot summer day, the temperature, dampnes(not sort of tropical, hot dampness-but a cool,calm and moist forest)is almost perfect for testing out the perfumes developing on the skin....and I think that's the exact sort of ''feeling'' in a scent that you might be looking for)
    so I recomment to you- Aromatics Elixir (a very,very heavy on vetyver, herbal, bitter concoction...not for everyone!!), Chasse is a wonderful suggestion...it is very breezy, summery,aquatic....great....then, well you might like a mainstream gem that I adore- Summer by Kenzo....Idylle by Guerlain (heavy on musk...very like N.Rodriguez- For Her)...Kenneth Cole's Black (beautiful, aristocratic white flowers...reminds me of a fountain with stone statues, a small lake,very romantic...)...Champs Elysees by Guerlain (rose, mimosa,iris...champagne-y scent, creamy, sunny...), Eden is also amazingly damp, flowery and green....Chanel-Cristalle edt, Cristalle Eau Verte, Diorella, Y,...everything with aldehydes.......
    Last edited by cocorocha; 7th April 2011 at 07:56 AM.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

You might want to check out the new Bond 9 Madison Square. I thought about it immediately as I read your description. It's green, fresh, and lightly floral; dewy, too.

If you are open to non-niche suggestions: Chanel Chance Eau Tendre. I was pleasantly surprised. It's slightly green, floral, with a gentle fruit note.

Mandyfin, this one may be a bit of a reach, but when I read your post I thought, "What about Ava Luxe Hong Kong Garden?" So there's that. . . .