Code of Conduct

Default NEW! - Toronto/GTA Fragrance meetup, Saturday April 16th 12pm noon at Noor Boutique

-

Hey everyone! You've probably got a PM on the way about the next Toronto Meetup, but just incase, here's the info below...

After the success of our earlier get-togethers, the group is having another meetup here in Toronto... So come on out and put some faces to the screen-names! For those of you who messaged to say that you would have liked to but couldn't make it out (sorry about the short notice last time), here's your chance.

If possible, please RSVP through PM or here in the thread just to let me know if you think you’ll be there so we can get a sense of headcount for refreshment/food purposes.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you there!
    M.C. / Daniel

Details
    Date: Saturday April 16th, 2011
    Location: Noor Boutique, 176 Cumberland St (Yorkville - MAP), 416-928-0700 (http://noorboutique.com/). Nahla and Fred are the friendly owners
    Time: 12pm/Noon to about 3:30 or so, but drop by any time. We may move around the area to some other locations at some point. Let’s see how things go and decide at the time.
    To Bring: Yourself, significant others or family if you want, samples/bottes/decants to share/trade, an open mind, any books/magazines, business cards, etc.

The Noor people are ok with everyone bringing samples and sniffing and swapping, as long as they can get in on the action too!

-
    PS - I have no business affiliation with Noor, I'm a customer there like you and they're just gracious enough to host us.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Plum Japonais,
    Lavender Palm, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Default Re: NEW! - Toronto/GTA Fragrance meetup, Saturday April 16th 12pm noon at Noor Boutique

Hi guys!
    I was so eager to join the meeting, alas I have an important day long lecture-workshop to attend on the 16th.
    I am so sorry to miss this opportunity!
    :-(
    michailG

Unhappy Re: NEW! - Toronto/GTA Fragrance meetup, Saturday April 16th 12pm noon at Noor Boutique

Hi guys!
    I was so eager to join the meeting, alas I have an important day long lecture-workshop to attend on the 16th.
    I am so sorry to miss this opportunity!
    :-(
    michailG

Default Re: NEW! - Toronto/GTA Fragrance meetup, Saturday April 16th 12pm noon at Noor Boutique

I'll be there, possibly with one or two others in tow. Looking forward to this.

Great, looking forward to meeting you!

Michail - booo! Understandable though. PM me sometime if you want to meet up informally. Hopefully you can make it out to the next one.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Plum Japonais,

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Hi, all:

I'm vischka, and I'm very new to basenotes -I've been into essential oils and perfume for for years, but my interest in perfume as an artform has deepend over the last two years.

I'd love to join you at Noor next weekend! I'm trying to decide between two different scents from the L'Artisan line and would appreciate your input.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
    vischka

I'm also hoping to make it if I will be near Toronto that weekend.

See you two there!

bump for visibility (and to prod others to setup local snifferoos)
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Plum Japonais,

Hi! Is this a group or something? Pardon me, I am still new here and navigating this site. You mentioned something about PMing some members. I would like to join this group. I can't make this saturday but I would like to meetup in the future. Please let me know. Thanks

PM sent TeeTee
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Plum Japonais,

Thanks Master-Classter! Will check it out

bump incase...
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Plum Japonais,

Hey All,
    Just wanted to follow up on this and give a quick update. So thanks to those of you who were able to make it out; I think we all had a good time sniffing and chatting (we're a Nosey Bunch eh?). For those not at the event - there were probably about 10-15 people or more over the course of the day scattered throughout the shop as well as a cluster in the back with some sample bags. Fred and Nahla were as usual very hospitable. A few of us went off to Holt's later in the day for some more sniffing around the Chanel counter too.
    So thanks all and see you at the next one! (probably in 3-4 months).
    M.C.