Code of Conduct

Question Which of these Diptyque candles have the best throw??

Which of these Diptyque candles have the best throw??

- Freesia
    - Mimosa
    - Roses
    - Muguet

Hope somebody can help me here...
    LF: The Body Shop discontinued perfume oils (Black caps/tops). Please PM me. ^_^

Default Re: Which of these Diptyque candles have the best throw??

As for those ones, I'm not sure but if you're in the market for some new ones, I'd recommend these:

Baies (it's burning next to me right now), Tubereuse and Mousses are my favourites so far. Very strong even when unlit. I'm getting doubles of those ones delivered next week plus Feu de Bois and Pomander so I'll be able to give you my views on them then. I actually wrote a post about them yesterday if you want to check it out.

+ Baies is good when you want something alive and fresh. It's a lemony floral. It wafts all through the house.

+ I absolutely love Tubereuse - it's gorgeous floral scent. Probably my favourite but then again, they're all favourites I have the ones in the red jar though so I'm not sure if they have a strong scent or not but it's doubtful.

+ Mousses! Oh my god, there is nothing like it. I feel like I'm in a deep dark forest when it's burning. If you're not into really raw and earthy scents though, you won't like it. I think it's amazing when you want to get away from florals.
    ♥ Tom Ford Private Blends, Diptyque candles, Jo Malone, Frederic Malle, Auric Blends.
    Please let me know if you're selling a bottle of Tom Ford - Noir de Noir

I'm jealous of your Diptyque collection I wish the stores here in my country have all of the scents but the choices are so limited.

I sniffed the Tuberose Rouge in the store a few days ago, the scent is lovely but I didn't buy one, because it's heavily scented and I wanted something light for the summer. I think Tuberose would be perfect for cool/windy days.

We share the same passion for Baies. It creates a beautiful atmosphere in my home. The fruity and floral notes are perfectly balanced. I would definitely repurchase this one when the new stocks arrive. I currently have the 190g frosted glass version and I can't wait to have the new 300g hand blown glass version which looks very pretty.

Your take on Mousses was lovely, unfortunately it's not available here. Based from your review I imagine the smell of being in the woodlands at dawn with the smell of wood/moist soil/moss/ and maybe the smell of dewy tree leaves? If I got the scent description right then I would purchase this from an online store.
    LF: The Body Shop discontinued perfume oils (Black caps/tops). Please PM me. ^_^

I buy all my Diptyque candles from online ( & overseas) because the range is really limited here as well, with only one shop in AU stocking them and they charge $40-$50 extra. No thanks. Like my perfumes, I bought all of them blind without knowing what they'd smell like but I don't think you can go wrong with Diptyque This is where I just ordered my latest 4 from: http://www.bigelowchemists.com/index.php/cPath/3_29 they ship to a few countries and have a good range. Look on the left hand side to pick from the fragrance family. Hope that helps

Lucky! The 300g Baies looks stunning! As for Mousses, yep you're pretty much spot on except for the dewy leaves. It's more raw than that and no sweetness anywhere. The forest, oakmoss and moist soil.

With the 4 you mentioned, check out Amazon.com for reviews and also Makeup Alley
    ♥ Tom Ford Private Blends, Diptyque candles, Jo Malone, Frederic Malle, Auric Blends.
    Please let me know if you're selling a bottle of Tom Ford - Noir de Noir

Smile Re: Which of these Diptyque candles have the best throw??

Quote Originally Posted by seaofghosts View Post
    I buy all my Diptyque candles from online ( & overseas) because the range is really limited here as well, with only one shop in AU stocking them and they charge $40-$50 extra. No thanks. Like my perfumes, I bought all of them blind without knowing what they'd smell like but I don't think you can go wrong with Diptyque This is where I just ordered my latest 4 from: http://www.bigelowchemists.com/index.php/cPath/3_29 they ship to a few countries and have a good range. Look on the left hand side to pick from the fragrance family. Hope that helps

Lucky! The 300g Baies looks stunning! As for Mousses, yep you're pretty much spot on except for the dewy leaves. It's more raw than that and no sweetness anywhere. The forest, oakmoss and moist soil.

With the 4 you mentioned, check out Amazon.com for reviews and also Makeup Alley
    Thanks, SeaofGhosts for your recommendation for BigelowChemists. The candles are 40 per cent cheaper than the ones I buy in Australia. I bought five and with shipping, it worked out as 27 per cent cheaper. Can you tell me how long you waited for yours please? Thank you!

ChanelAddict

Quote Originally Posted by seaofghosts View Post
    Baies is good when you want something alive and fresh. It's a lemony floral. It wafts all through the house.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Agree.
    +1.

Unhappy Re: Which of these Diptyque candles have the best throw??

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Agree.
    Agree that it's a lovely candle but Baies means berries. Not sure where the "lemony" scent you attribute to it is coming from? It has a little rose in it too. But yes, one of the classics. Still waiting for the candles I ordered from Bigelow ... It's been two weeks now. Pfffft!