Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default I sorta like the smell of stale beer am I the only one with weird smell/odor interest?

So I like the smell of an empty beer can the day after finishing it off.

Am I crazy, I also like the smell of Lime Flavored beer, who's with me? Raise your hands!!
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Default Re: I sorta like the smell of stale beer am I the only one with weird smell/odor interest?

Quote Originally Posted by odioustoilet View Post
    So I like the smell of an empty beer can the day after finishing it off.
    For me this doesn't occupy a high place on my list of favored "smells."

Default Re: I sorta like the smell of stale beer am I the only one with weird smell/odor interest?

Confession: I find the smell of skunk (animal, not plant) really invigorating at a safe distance.

Yeah, I kinda like that stale beer/bar smell.

Since I discovered Kouros (and I love Kouros) I find that when I walk around the city and pass by a spot outside a bar, say, that's been used for years as an impromptu toilet then what happens now is that when I sniff the air I go 'Ah, Kouros - how delightful!' instead of 'Yuck, stale piss - how revolting!'.

So Kouros has changed the way that parts of the world actually smell to me - which is to say that the associations that are now triggered in relation to particular odours are different and these associations have pleasant affects attached to them instead of unpleasant affects.

So no, I don't think that liking the smell of stale beer makes you weird, I think it makes you someone that has identified a smell they like.

(If you liked the smell of your victims beneath the floorboards, however...)

I love the smell you get when walking past/into a pub.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by calero View Post
    Yeah, I kinda like that stale beer/bar smell.
    Bar smell! Yeah.. I love that boozy atmosphere, but not sure about empty beer can thing, eh..

Liking weird smells is nothing unusual though. Personally, I love the smells of complex hydrocarbons, such as kerosene, bitumens, diesel and, naturally, gasolene blends
    Last edited by JimmyP; 31st July 2014 at 04:07 PM.

Then you should try Le Labo Oud 27. It's got that dank maltiness.

Stale beer, no....lime flavored beer, YES! Although, if given the choice I would rather be drinking it instead.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    Bar smell! Yeah.. I love that boozy atmosphere, but not sure about empty beer can thing, eh..

Liking weird smells is nothing unusual though. Personally, I love the smells of complex hydrocarbons, such as kerosene, bitumens, diesel and, naturally, gasolene blends
    You and me both! I'm in scent heaven whenever I work on my motorcycle or take my car to the mechanic.

A while ago I started a thread about liking the smell of cat breath. But in that case, it turns it was only me. :-)

Originally Posted by JimmyP

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    You and me both! I'm in scent heaven whenever I work on my motorcycle or take my car to the mechanic.
    I also love the smell of my old truck. Gas, oil, vinyl, leather, rubber, exhaust all baked in the sun. It's a good smell. It's a tough scent to describe, but anyone who has been in an older carbureted truck knows what I'm talking about. Smells like man-work or like the smell of a dad or grandfather....if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NillaGoon View Post
    A while ago I started a thread about liking the smell of cat breath. But in that case, it turns it was only me. :-)
    lol! I've heard of people liking "puppy breath",(my mom is one of them)but I've never heard of someone liking cat breath!

Quote Originally Posted by Drewam View Post
    I also love the smell of my old truck. Gas, oil, vinyl, leather, rubber, exhaust all baked in the sun. It's a good smell. It's a tough scent to describe, but anyone who has been in an older carbureted truck knows what I'm talking about. Smells like man-work or like the smell of a dad or grandfather....if that makes sense.
    Makes total sense. Given your description above, I highly recommend you get your nose on Santa Maria Novella Nostalgia -- leather, gas, oil and tire rubber mixed to perfection.

Somewhere someone with a hangover just puked after reading this. Lol

These things are all quite pleasant compared to about a dozen "fragrances" that I can think of off the top of my head.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Zizanioides View Post
    Confession: I find the smell of skunk (animal, not plant) really invigorating at a safe distance.
    This is strange and hilarious. When I saw the title for this thread, I came on here to write exactly this!

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab - Bonfire Night

Notes: Beer, woodsmoke, tar, treacle

And for the skunk lovers in this thread ...

Phoenicia - Far NWest

Notes: Fir, Caraway, Cedars, SKUNK, Choya Loban

I don't always chime in on zombie threads. But when I do, it's to praise the smell of distant skunk.