Code of Conduct

Default What is the iciest, chilliest, most camphorous fragrance you have tried?++

I would like it chilly from top to dry down.

While I don't like florals/fruity scents, I think in addition to buttery florals, I might enjoy really camphorous ones so if you also recall florals or fruity florals with menthol/camphor thing going on from top to dry down, do share. I don't want to smell like vapor rub but then again, I have never associated the bold, pure and chilly camphor smell with vapor rub/muscle balm. I am convinced these are two completely different odors :P.

Please don't limit yourself to these floral/fruity category. I thought I should put them out there.

I am a female in my twenties who tends to favour dry, mysterious unisex scents if this makes any difference but either ways, please do share whatever you can think of that is chilly and camphorous all the way . Thanks .

Default Re: What is the iciest, chilliest, most camphorous fragrance you have tried?++

hmm interesting post. Do not know the answers myself and intrigued to see the suggestions of others.

Default Re: What is the iciest, chilliest, most camphorous fragrance you have tried?++

This. When I first applied it to my wrist and inhaled the scent deeply, I thought it burned out my nasal passage with a powerful camphorous chill. Once I learned how not to overapply it, it became one of my absolute favourites. Elegant, airy, woody, sweet, resinous and mysterious with a capital "M"

My nose is not very experienced but I find Body Kouros to be quite chilly/icy...

Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue Eau Fraiche
    Lacoste Booster

Maybe Thierry Mugler Ice Men?

Coldest fragrances....

I'd give some recommendations to..
    L'eau D'iver
    Geranium Pour Monsieur
    Hugo XY
    Live Jazz
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

No camphor, but icy and chilly it is:

De Bachmakov
    Eau de Parfum
    by The Different Company

Luckyscents description is perfect:

The Scoop
    In a tribute to his Russian ancestry and to celebrate the year of Russia in France, the Different Company’s co-founder (with Jean-Claude Ellena) and renowned designer Thierry de Baschmakoff joined forces with the perfumer Céline Ellena to compose the fragrance which bears his name. De Bachmakov is not a literal evocation of Russia, but a poetic fugue on the magical moment when snow begins to melt on the steppes and the earth gives way to the rites of spring; on the first rays of sun to touch the Siberian forests swept by winds from Asia.

The fragrance is as limpid and bracing as a shot of ice-cold vodka: along with peppery, aromatic bergamot, the lemony, anise-tinged shiso leaves and tangy, zesty cilantro lend their green, aldehydic fizziness to the blend, sweetened by a sprinkle of nutmeg. Freesia and its tender, white floral notes add a jasmine richness to the heart: as the fragrance evolves, its limpidity gives way to a surprising chalk accord produced by a blend of woody notes and musk.

De Bachmakov is sap and snow and the first spring flowers: a cool herbal potion brewed near the Arctic Circle. It is also the very gifted Céline Ellena’s last composition for The Different Company: all the more reason to snap up this gorgeous and truly unique fragrance.

De Bachmakov Notes
    Cedar wood, bergamot, shiso leaves, nutmeg, coriander leaves, white freesia, soft chalk accord

Antarctic

White Cristalle by Killian

With the chill of an arctic breeze: Mont Blanc Individuel (Mens)

Piper Nigrum Villoresi
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

+ 1 for Ice Men Thierry Mugler

Quote Originally Posted by Scent-e-mental View Post
    + 1 for Ice Men Thierry Mugler
    +2 for Ice Men. True to its name!

Geranium by Malle
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Basenotes Institution

I was thinking Geranium Pour Monsieur by Frederic Malle, also. VERY intensely minty, however the geranium adds a bit of flower/skankiness to it. Very hard to describe, you have to smell it. Still...it's not very camphorous.

Two others spring to mind:

Scent One: Hinoki by Monocle x Comme des Garcons and Spirit of The Tiger by Heeley (inspired by the smell of Tiger Balm ointment)
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

My current chill-out fragrance: Dior Dune Homme.
    Also love the ecalyptus opening of Body Kouros: magical!

Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    This. When I first applied it to my wrist and inhaled the scent deeply, I thought it burned out my nasal passage with a powerful camphorous chill. Once I learned how not to overapply it, it became one of my absolute favourites. Elegant, airy, woody, sweet, resinous and mysterious with a capital "M"
    That was fun to read about, ... too bad its $1400.00.

I like cool/camphorous scents as well!

I'm wearing Eau de Lalique today, and it is cool, fresh, peppery, and dry with an herby edge (I smell dill and tarragon) that remains all the way through the drydown...I'd say definitely check it out. Not a lot of discussion about this one, but it's very good quality and can be had at a great price.
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

I really enjoy the frozen Pears in Higher (Dior) (original - not Energy edition) and am thinking of making this my summer scent for 2011.

This is the one I was going to suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    ....and Spirit of The Tiger by Heeley (inspired by the smell of Tiger Balm ointment)

Stop your search. Right here. Kouros Eau d'Ete.

Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

Cool and icy= Green Water

Silver Mountain Water

Platinum Egoiste

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Cool and icy= Green Water
    yep, this one.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post

Silver Mountain Water

Platinum Egoiste
    2 excellent suggestions for a "chilled atmosphere" surrounding the wearer, without relying on mint.

As for the Mint scents: Selection Verte, Oxford & Cambridge, Green Valley, Heeley Menthe Fraiche, Lacoste Booster, Fath Green Water, Live Jazz, Malle Geranium, Molinard Double Fraicheur, L'Eau De L'Artisan, CDG peppermint

As for camphoraceous scents: Windsor I, Tubereuse Criminelle, Spirit of the Tiger, Body Kouros (sorta), Lacoste Booster (kinda), Oxford & Cambridge (Kinda)

Cool Water Frozen smells and feels icy.

Although not camphorous, Chanel No. 19 is a bit chilly, and a huge 5 star masterpiece IMO.

Fresh Chilly BUT minty Lorenzo Villoressi - Spezie

Kenzo pour Homme
    Solo Loewe
    Quartz by Moulyneux

Camphor notes : Rosemary / Cypress or Hinoki / Nagarmotha

Chanel Egoiste is the most frutty of the list

Camphor / chilly / Ice Cube :

Nicole Forhi Homme
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Quote Originally Posted by kccparis View Post
    Fresh Chilly BUT minty Lorenzo Villoressi - Spezie
    Good one! I need to visit Ligne Au Couer again!

I think my coldest fragrance is Chrome, but Nickel Eau Maximum is a close second.

smw before it was reformulated......Damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fave is Histoire de Parfum-Jules Verne. Its chilly

Cheers Rex
    What do you call people that are afraid of Santa Claus?

Claustrophobic

Quote Originally Posted by TeeTee View Post
    I am a female in my twenties who tends to favour dry, mysterious unisex scents if this makes any difference but either ways, please do share whatever you can think of that is chilly and camphorous all the way . Thanks .
    Not camphorous, but Monotheme's Scottish Lavender is an inexpensive and cold lavender scent.

CdG Hinoki and Avon's Island Lime smell very nice together, so there's sure to be a good fragrance that combines the better aspects of both.

Wow! You guys are amazing! Thank you so sooo much for all your great suggestions!! .

Wow! You guys are amazing! Thank you so sooo much for all your great suggestions!! .
    Well they don't come for free! Youre obliged now to test some of 'em and report back here with your impressions. Deal's a deal, right?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

While at it, you may sample M Micallef's Shanaan. This has more of a mineralic (a la Molyneux Quartz pour Homme mentioned above), rather than camphorous feel in what is one of the most beautiful frankincense/amber frags around. Feels icy, in a very nice way.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Campho is one of my favorite note, from what i tried:

SL -Tubéreuse criminelle : he's been reformulated now and it's more fruity less camphoreous than before, but still a good candidate.
    SL - Un Lys only the vintage (rectangular bottle is ok), less evident but i smell the pistil odor of a white flower, if you already smelled a real lys flower you can imagine

Non florals with camphor:
    SMN - Pot pourri
    SL - Serge noire: smoke, incens, pepper, clove and camphor

Taaruf by Musk International. It comes in oil form. Until it dries down , the fragrance is camphorous to the point that it burns the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon-Petit View Post
    Campho is one of my favorite note, from what i tried:

Non florals with camphor:
    SMN - Pot pourri
    Can you give me the full name for this? Nothing comes up in a search using the above. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Well they don't come for free! Youre obliged now to test some of 'em and report back here with your impressions. Deal's a deal, right?
    Hehe! Yes I shall report back on this. In fact, I am tempted to mix my own concoction. Maybe you could be my test sampler? .

Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    Piper Nigrum Villoresi
    That was my very idea.

Silver Mountain Water, always gives me a cold stream in the mountains drinking tea feeling.

Tried it for the first time yesterday - heavy on camphorous notes: Jack Black "JB" - sold only at Nordstrom. Certainly worth a try if you want camphorous.

... pure and chilly camphor smell ... I am a female in my twenties who tends to favour dry, mysterious unisex scents ...
    "Timbuktu" is icy in my book, but the more balanced frag would be "Nombrile Immense" with camphorous undercurrents all day long. An icy frag with lots of peculiarity could be Paco Rabanne "Metal". The cool "pling" of metal plates rendered by galbanum and such with the sour smell of motor oil, which eventually shows up to be a creamy sandalwood concoction. The combination is as odd as vaporup but more refined.

Can you give me the full name for this? Nothing comes up in a search using the above. Thanks
    Sorry it's Santa Maria Novella (perfume house) - pot pourri :-)