Code of Conduct

Default DSH Celadon: Advice on blind buy?

The Posh Peasant is having a sale on a few niche lines including Dawn Spencer Hurwitz, and I'm sorely tempted to blind buy Celadon based on the description and the marked down bottle price. I do not have a lot of experience with "green" notes in fragrances but I know that I very much like Chanel No. 19 and L'Artisan Fleur de Liane, which both seem green to me. Should I take the chance?

Default Re: DSH Celadon: Advice on blind buy?

I vote yes.
    Worse comes to worse, if you don't like it, you can gift it. I think it is a pretty accessible fragrance, while being lovely, and yet unique.
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

Blog Entries

How much marked down I guess is the key here.
    If you don't like it, you can swap it as well, there's a possibility for that. Or gift it, or split it/decant it... in this community you are less than likely to be with an unwanted bottle in your hands. Generally, I find myself not liking to buy unsniffed, I am yet to find a love that way, but many people found their love in a blind buy.

I tried it and it was not my thing, but now, #19 isn't either and I have not tested Fleur de Liane.

Blog Entries

I had a sample of it based on the green hype. I was disappointed. It seems to me it was sharp and unsubtle. I just remember not liking it, YMMV.

I think I was just succumbing to the thrill of the discount and the pull of the marketing copy. Now that I've had a night to sleep on it (and think about my overall purchasing budget), I've decided to stick with my usual modus operandi of trying samples first.

Basenotes Plus

I did not care for it myself & I adore "green" scents and DSH. It was sharper than 19, as I recall. It's been over a year since I tried it.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme