Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Andy Tauer - L'Air du desert marocain Help

Hey guys I'm looking to buy my first niche fragrance and currently I'm going between New Haarlem and L'Air Du desert Marocain.

I just got a sample of Andy Tauer's Desert Marocain and its amazing, but I don't know if it would be appropriate for me. BTW I'm getting this primarily for my prom

I'm currently in high school and I've been wearing pretty safe fragrances such as Boss Bottled. Do you guys think deser marocain is a good frag for high schoolers?
    Because I can see how some might see it as a more mature scent.

How would you categorize this fragrance? Sexy mature casual something along those lines.

Thank you everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Andy Tauer - L'Air du desert marocain Help

This is one great, amazing scent at any age! Enjoy!
    Last edited by easyfish; 8th April 2011 at 05:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

High schooler?..........go with New Haarlem...

Quote Originally Posted by lilsmellydud View Post
    Do you guys think deser marocain is a good frag for high schoolers?
    Absolutely

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Junior View Post
    High schooler?..........go with New Haarlem...

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Absolutely
    Haha thanks for the replies but this is confusing.

I like desert, but I did get a slight older man vibe to it which is why I'm hesitating to make it my first niche bottle too. I don't think it would be totally inappropriate, but New Haarlem sounds a bit more high school friendly.

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooo... I wouldn't wear LADM at school unless you want to draw attention to yourself. It's incredibly strong and stays on the skin all day. Maybe for special occasions but certainly not as an everyday scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    Ooooo... I wouldn't wear LADM at school unless you want to draw attention to yourself. It's incredibly strong and stays on the skin all day. Maybe for special occasions but certainly not as an everyday scent.
    Oh I couldn't wear such an expensive (for me at least) everyday. I'm getting this primarily for my prom. But my concern is that I can see how some might see this as a mature scent but at the same time I'm loving this sample so much I'm about to click the complete order button.

Post Thanks / Like

Go against the grain and get L'Air du desert Marocain

Post Thanks / Like

It's cool you like LDDM, but I wonder if it's the right frag to wear to prom. It's pretty exotic but to the untrained nose it smells like a spice cabinet. You want your date to be attracted to you, and this scent can be potentially polarizing. Then you've got summer coming up and LDDM is a bit cloying in hot weather.

New Harlem for your purpose.

Post Thanks / Like

New Haarlem
    -- It should be perfect for your prom and you won't have to worry about your dance partner being offended by it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm I think I will just have to go with New Haarlem. Thank you everyone.
    How does New Haarlem perform in hot weather? is it remotely wearable?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    In this case, fine You see, I find L'Air a very demanding scent. Overpowering, baroque, intense, there's way too much going on there, and it does not feel well blended. IMO, a bit too much. I don't think it's sexy, it's probably more on the mature side, not particularly easy to wear... Did i discouraged you enough?
    Look, se precisas gastar dinheiro numa fragrancia particular, tem bue' de otros perfumes mais melhores daquelle!
    l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lupo View Post
    In this case, fine You see, I find L'Air a very demanding scent. Overpowering, baroque, intense, there's way too much going on there, and it does not feel well blended. IMO, a bit too much. I don't think it's sexy, it's probably more on the mature side, not particularly easy to wear... Did i discouraged you enough?
    Look, se precisas gastar dinheiro numa fragrancia particular, tem bue' de otros perfumes mais melhores daquelle!
    Thanks for your post. I can see how some might see this fragrance as overpowering. But I really like the underlying sweetness and the spices.
    Considering all the posts here I think ill just go with New Haarlem.

If you have sampled and like L'air du desert marocain and really like it then I think you should buy it regardless of anything. Don't buy something just to please people, buy something to please yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say in general, for prom, New Haarlem, no doubt.

However, in the hot weather it may be a bit much. If you're going to go with LDDM, be sure to spray LIGHTLY.

It's very strong, but that just means you get your money's worth.

Post Thanks / Like

You can`t go wrong with eny of them.. My personal Favourite is New Haarlem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    If you have sampled and like L'air du desert marocain and really like it then I think you should buy it regardless of anything. Don't buy something just to please people, buy something to please yourself.
    That is very true, but its my first niche purchase and being fairly new to the fragrance world I have never smelt anything like this. I guess it'll just have to be my next purchase since I just put an order in for New Haarlem.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    ^^ +1

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered a bottle of LDDM myself and it should be arriving today.

But I don't think it's a high school prom fragrance. New Haarlem is a much better choice. I would even think you're better off with something along the lines of Guerlain Homme or Ed Hardy's Love and Luck considering the season and the event. Millesime Imperial if you're going for something high priced.

Do I recommend LDDM? Absolutely. It's a beautiful, truly unique scent. But I don't think it's suited for the prom. I get a peaceful, calm, sensual vibe from it, on the mature side. I feel like proms have a younger type of celebratory energy, outgoing and festive, for which LDDM is not necessarily appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by lilsmellydud View Post
    Hey guys I'm looking to buy my first niche fragrance and currently I'm going between New Haarlem and L'Air Du desert Marocain.

I just got a sample of Andy Tauer's Desert Marocain and its amazing, but I don't know if it would be appropriate for me. BTW I'm getting this primarily for my prom

I'm currently in high school and I've been wearing pretty safe fragrances such as Boss Bottled. Do you guys think deser marocain is a good frag for high schoolers?
    Because I can see how some might see it as a more mature scent.

How would you categorize this fragrance? Sexy mature casual something along those lines.

Thank you everyone
    i would say go for the Andy Tauer. From the way you have written your post and thanked everyone, you seem very polite and maybe a bit more mature than most high schoolers. I would say that sight unseen I think you can do it. Go for the Morocain!

Look at my top 10 below. They are both must haves IMO. L'air is probably slightly more versatile, though; and would set you apart, so go with that one.
    Current favorites_____Roja Dove Amber Aoud_____Montale Aoud Musk_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Post Thanks / Like

Can anybody shed any light on whether this is available in a bigger bottle than 50ml / 1.7oz?

I've looked on the Tauer perfumes website, which unfortunately will not ship to the UK, and range Les Senteurs in Belgravia, who only know of 50ml bottles.

As with most fragrances you can expect to get more bang for your buck by getting bigger bottles, which makes it more economical in the long term, but it seems that only one size is available?!

Cheers guys and gals.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler-durden View Post
    Can anybody shed any light on whether this is available in a bigger bottle than 50ml / 1.7oz?

I've looked on the Tauer perfumes website, which unfortunately will not ship to the UK, and range Les Senteurs in Belgravia, who only know of 50ml bottles.

As with most fragrances you can expect to get more bang for your buck by getting bigger bottles, which makes it more economical in the long term, but it seems that only one size is available?!

Cheers guys and gals.
    LOL! The largest bottles Andy sells (these days) are 50ml but if you knew about Andy Tauer, around 2006, you would have benefited: LADDM was originally available in a 100ml bottle until early 2007. Many were unhappy over Andy's decision because the (then) new 50ml bottle was set at the same price as the 100ml!

I believe that a 50ml bottle of LADDM costs around 80 nowadays - the 100ml bottle used to sell for about 45!

Post Thanks / Like

Well Trebor, thanks for sugarcoating that awful news!!!

Appreciate the advice, and whilst I think LADDM is worth the current prices (i.e. it can stand shoulder to shoulder with the Creed / Amouage / Private Blend prices), I wish i'd have discovered it 5 years ago.

C'est la vie.

Post Thanks / Like

I've arranged a trip to New York in November.

Are Tauer perfumes carried by any of the stores in the US? Looking specifically for L'air du Desert Marocain, but would like to sample some others from the line too.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

for the prom? New Haarlem.

generally? LDDM.

proms do get warm/hot after awhile esp with all the dancing, so....LDDM might stop your chances of getting the ladies/guys/whatever you are going after just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

New Harleem is the easy option.

L'Air Du Desert Marocain, the basenoter option

Othes are right, LDDM is outstanding but maybe a bit "too much" to use it at High School. If you want it for more special occasions, go with LDDM.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tyler-durden View Post
    I've arranged a trip to New York in November.

Are Tauer perfumes carried by any of the stores in the US? Looking specifically for L'air du Desert Marocain, but would like to sample some others from the line too.

Thanks.
    Yes, see my post on the NYC thread. There's a salon in Brooklyn that carries a number to Tauers. I phoned to inquire; LDDM is stuck in customs but is expected in within about 2 weeks.