Code of Conduct

Default Kristiansand NY blind buy?

Hey folks,

Im hearing a log of good things about this cologne. I'm a huge fan of by man so my question is would this be a safe blind buy?

Nick

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kristiansand NY blind buy?

I always say, test first. I liked this fragrance (for him, not for me) more than my husband did. That said, it is not overly expensive, particularly from Beauty Cafe with the BN coupon code

I think it's relatively safe, especially if you already like By Man. But the real reason I'm posting on this thread, is because of this text I got from my girlfriend today: "I can still smell whatever cologne you had on, I never loved the smell of any type of spray so much before " not just cologne, but ANY spray lol. It's sexy stuff.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Normally I would say go for it, but in this instance you might want to test it first.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Hey folks,

Im hearing a log of good things about this cologne. I'm a huge fan of by man so my question is would this be a safe blind buy?

Nick
    It's a safe blind buy in my opinion and can stand on its own. Don't be fooled though, it is NO WHERE NEAR by Man in any way shape or form.

Save your $ for an authentic bottle of BY man. Trust me

D&G BY Man > KSNY

It depends on the price. You'll get a lot of baby powder, so if you don't want to spend a lot of cash just to smell like mostly that, test first. I liked it overall, but probably won't get a bottle.

I really can't imagine By Man being better than Kristiansand. I'm not saying it's the greatest frag of all time, but I can see no way to improve upon the scent in that bottle, and seeing as how everyone says they're nearly identical, I can't imagine BM being better.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I really can't imagine By Man being better than Kristiansand. I'm not saying it's the greatest frag of all time, but I can see no way to improve upon the scent in that bottle, and seeing as how everyone says they're nearly identical, I can't imagine BM being better.
    That's the thing, they're not identical. There are moments in KSNY that vaguely remind me of By. I would also have to say that KSNY would be the closest thing to By, but if someone bought KSNY as a replacement for By then they would probably be disappointed.

KSNY is a good fragrance on its own merits, but in comparison KSNY would be By after a really bad reformulation...

I did a side by side with Kristiansand and By Man last night. KMF is right- there are moments when they are similar but they are not identical by any means. I do prefer By Man, but Kristiansand is a very nice scent too.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted