Code of Conduct

Default What is the iciest, chilliest, most camphorous fragrance you have tried?++

I would like it to be chilly from top to dry down.

While I don't like florals/fruity scents, I think in addition to buttery florals, I might enjoy really camphorous ones so if you also recall florals or fruity florals with menthol/camphor thing going on from top to dry down, do share. I don't want to smell like vapor rub but then again, I have never associated the bold, pure and chilly camphor smell with vapor rub/muscle balm. I am convinced these are two completely different odors :P.

Please don't limit yourself to these floral/fruity category. I thought I should put them out there.

I am a female in my twenties who tends to favour dry, mysterious unisex scents if this makes any difference but either ways, please do share whatever you can think of that is chilly and camphorous all the way . Thanks .

I posted this in the men's section and I am just getting around to posing it here. Thanks

Default Re: What is the iciest, chilliest, most camphorous fragrance you have tried?++

You might try M/Mink by Byredo. To me, it's very cold and mineral. Not my taste, but very interesting. You must try it on your skin, it's very different than on paper.

Blog Entries

Default Re: What is the iciest, chilliest, most camphorous fragrance you have tried?++

Metal Paco Rabanne P.R Metal is like a cold blade glading across flesh that's how cold it is
    Metalic Smelling

Bois d`Iris The Different Company an another cold one with irises

Hiris Hermes cool orris flowers seems to rule this scent

since you not into flowers but these don't smell very flower to me

Another iris with a cool, damp, mineral smell is Lutens Iris Silver Mist. I wouldn't say camphorous though - drawing a blank there, although there must be some.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalynne View Post
    You might try M/Mink by Byredo. To me, it's very cold and mineral. Not my taste, but very interesting. You must try it on your skin, it's very different than on paper.
    I have a sample of this. I don't find it cold at all lol! It also has this rotten vegetable note going on there that is displeasing.
    Last edited by TeeTee; 11th April 2011 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weimar27 View Post
    Metal Paco Rabanne P.R Metal is like a cold blade glading across flesh that's how cold it is
    Metalic Smelling

Bois d`Iris The Different Company an another cold one with irises

Hiris Hermes cool orris flowers seems to rule this scent

since you not into flowers but these don't smell very flower to me
    I actually like the smell of metal . Is this off the unisex scale and into the masculine?

Quote Originally Posted by kasae View Post
    Another iris with a cool, damp, mineral smell is Lutens Iris Silver Mist. I wouldn't say camphorous though - drawing a blank there, although there must be some.
    SL are so expensive. His samples are like $7! I shall try it eventually but I am not sure it will be anytime soon. I have to say, I haven't found any of the Iris scents I have tried cold at all even Hiris.

Personally I find that patchouli often reads as cold and camphorous- Angel is the example -even in only lotion form a lady had a cold smelling scent trail.

Blog Entries

you can call it more of a unisex then feminine there's nothing
    floral at all

Basenotes Plus

Tubereuse Criminelle by Serge Lutens is the Queen of Camphor!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Blog Entries

I find Caron L'Anarchiste to be distinctly mentholated or camphorous. Almost medicinal, and very cool. Interestingly, most reviewers don't mention this, alluding instead to "spices," but many do pick up on what they call a "metallic" quality, which I think is the camphor-like quality of the cedar. Or perhaps is an odd cloves, mint, and cedar combination. It's considered masculine, but I think a woman could wear it (I do, anyway), and is very affordable thru etailers.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Iris Silver Mist by SL is definitely the chilliest fragrance I've ever encountered!
    Despite of the warnings all the perfumnistas giving out, I went ahead blind-ordered my bell jar of ISM.
    And to my predictable shock, I was speechless when I took my 1st sniff at the juice.
    It was weird and alien smelling. Chilly and ethereal, yes, definitely yes!
    As someone on makeupalley stated, ISM is like "the he-who-must-not-be-named's signature scent". I couldn't agree more.
    But give the perfume a little time.
    To learn it better, to know it better and embrace the weirdness.
    being honest, I still haven't found it wearable (in the practical way) or whole-heartedly graceful, but I like it the way it is.
    I love wearing ISM in the March's misty mornings, when my city is covered in a thin veil of mist/drizzle.
    The odor coming from my wrists and two sides of my neck gives me the feeling of running into an ethereal/misterious fairy-tale world. A complete different world. Yet, the chilliness of the perfume never calms down or ever tries to warm up a little bit at all. To me, ISM is the queen of cool!
    Last edited by Cute_cute_baby; 16th April 2011 at 09:42 AM.
    How does sunshine smell like?

Frederic Malle Geranium Pour Monsieur! It's fantastically cooling, a very bold geranium and mint with a bit of a powdery musk in the drydown. I can't wait to wear this in the summer. Heeley Menthe Fraiche might be another one, it's a softer and sweeter mint and less bracing. And there are a couple Guerlain Aqua Allegorias based on mint that you might try.

As far as the irises people are suggesting, I do find Apres L'Ondee cooling. For some reason, after a few minutes Iris Silver Mist smells mostly like cinnamon to me. I wish I got the chilly iris people always talk about.

CDG Hinoki is probably at the top of my list. Very much in the anti-perfume tradition of modern niche perfumery, though, and as far from buttery florals as one could imagine.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

Blog Entries

You might like some of the Profumum line;
    Victrix is cool and unisex;
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=33916
    Oxiana is a cold floral;
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...um/Oxiana.html

Comme de Garcons White is another to try. There is a rose in there, although not hugly prominent, but it is a chilly ride. I love it!