Code of Conduct

Thread: Atelier Cologne

Default Atelier Cologne

Pure garbage. Theres nothing more to say, really. The Orange colognes is ok, if you want to smell like orange sherbet. Weak, gimmicky, and way overpriced for what it is. Sorry to be negative peeps.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

As my dad would say "this is why Baskin Robins makes 31 Flavors."

I love the line. I own Bois Blond, Trefle Pur, Grand Neroli and just bought Oolang Infini. Even bought Orange Sanguine for my daughter. Not in love with the new Vanilla though.
    Last edited by funraiser18; 10th April 2011 at 02:00 PM.

Default Re: Atelier Cologne

Well, they are pleasant fragrances but IMO, not worth the investment. I have samples of all those and feel the vanilla is putrid. I'd suppose of all those, my fav is Oolang Infini. Its quite unique. If I want an orange or tangerine, I like Mandarina Duck or perhaps the orange in TDH. Orange Sanguine is cheerful, somewhat uplifting but as it dries, all I get is orange sherbet. I'm totally happy for those who own and enjoy them. They're just not for me. Enjoy!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Pure garbage. Theres nothing more to say, really. The Orange colognes is ok, if you want to smell like orange sherbet. Weak, gimmicky, and way overpriced for what it is. Sorry to be negative peeps.

I agree. I found them to be just OK - but definitely not worth purchasing. And the new Vanilla fragrance is quite horrid.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 10th April 2011 at 10:06 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Yet to try the others in the range but I enjoy Oolang Infini. I bought a 30ml bottle after sampling and will likely replace it once finished. Though as some of you suggest, the price point probably needs some downward adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by funraiser18 View Post
    I love the line.
    So do I.

I disagree with OP. This house has brought out some super solid citrus fragrances. Grand Neroli is one of the most natural smelling neroli fragrances you can find. Orange Sanguine smells like a freshly cut open Florida orange. Bois Blonds is the perfect combination of citrus and vetiver. All of these have epic longevity on my skin.

If your orange sherbet smells like freshly sliced oranges, then I can see the correlation. But, every orange sherbet that I have eaten, smelled sweet and creamy.

^ My sample of Orange Sanguine does smell sweet and creamy - like a push up.

I think Oolong Infiniti from Atelier Colgone is great! It is very dry, clean, crisp, and perfect for a summer cologne style fragrance.

The price seems kind of high, but they are 200 ml. bottles priced at $.75 per ml. This is about half the price per ml. for upper end niche fragrances nowadays, but the bottle is so big that the total price is high. Atelier might sell much more if they had introduced 100 ml. @ $75 each, or 125 ml. for $85, instead of 200 ml. for $150. 200 ml. is a large commitment to make to a cologne fragrance for the first bottle.

I really like the line. Many people like the idea of cologne and the scent but, the longevity is a deal breaker for many. Having a concentrated version is what many people want and all of them are nicely done. Grand Neroli is an excellent natural neroli with a crisp citrus and subtle vanilla drydown. Orange Sanguine is the one I have and it's the most realistic orange fragrance I've tried. It smells of the juice, the rind, bitter pith and very zesty. Its paired well with geranium and a slightly sweet sandalwood and tonka bean.
    The only one I didn't really care for would be the Vanilla Insense.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

I revisited Orange Sanguine. Stick the vial to my nose, yes, I get a freshly cut orange but, it a short time, I feel that it doesn't retain this character. It could need more testing from me and I might slightly change my view but, I'm just not interested in giving the effort. It is better quality than CDG Energy C, but for me, isn't FBW.

I'd probably enjoy art of shaving lemon or Guerlain's Imperial more (for a nice lemon). For orange as I've said, TDH or EDOV has me on that.

I keep almost buying Oolong Infini, it reminds me of a fresher, cleaner, more crisp version of Bulgari Pour Homme Extreme... but the longevity just kills it for me. Great for an hour... then poof. Gone.

Their vanilla scent is vile.

I picked up a new in the box bottle of Atelier Cologne Absolute Bois Blonds on eBay ($108 shipped) a few weeks ago after trying a small sample. Although I wouldn't rate it a first tier fragrance, I am enjoying it so far. I'm glad the bottle is large because the fragrance needs to be applied very liberally to get a few hours out of it. I'm also interested in further sampling Grand Neroli before making a purchase. I do like the Atelier concept of cologne contruction with higher strength juice.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I disagree with OP. This house has brought out some super solid citrus fragrances. Grand Neroli is one of the most natural smelling neroli fragrances you can find. Orange Sanguine smells like a freshly cut open Florida orange. Bois Blonds is the perfect combination of citrus and vetiver. All of these have epic longevity on my skin.

If your orange sherbet smells like freshly sliced oranges, then I can see the correlation. But, every orange sherbet that I have eaten, smelled sweet and creamy.
    I agree with The_Cologneist on Atelier Cologne and their newest citrus offerings. Everyone tries to do a citrus scent in EDP or EDT and usually fail on longevity. Somehow these cologne absolutes work very well on my skin. They are great and refreshing summer scents that do very well in the heat. Trefle Fur in green, fresh and I find that this is still strong on my skin after 12 hours. For myself, Grand Neroli is the first neroli that doesn't turn into some unrecognizable skin sent after 30 minutes or resembles some chemical compound. The Orange Sanguine goes a little deeper that a Push-Up in my opinion. It is easy to see where it might be confused for orange candy but it is the floral notes that move this beyond a cold dessert treat.
    - Expect the unexpected

I bought a small bottle of Oolang Infini. I loved it in this summer day. I may have oversprayed but it has lasted 12 hours + and I can still smell it. Fun and adequate for a casual day or at the office.
    Evenstar

Hi!

Humm now I don't know what to think about it... This review below literally destroyed this house, which is, according to the (serious) author a kind of niche imposture!

http://1000fragrances.blogspot.com/2...this-joke.html

Do you guys agree?

Yes, the stuff is not good quality, though I was less merciless in my review.
    http://perfumedpolitics.blogspot.com...r-cologne.html

Quote Originally Posted by Letitbenose View Post
    Hi!

Humm now I don't know what to think about it... This review below literally destroyed this house, which is, according to the (serious) author a kind of niche imposture!

Do you guys agree?
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matire/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pntrent le verre.

Yes, you've got more... diplomacy
    1000fragrances always lay it on the line (more often that not, well-deserved: for exemple, YSL Saharienne)
    The fact remains: this niche perfumery thing is becoming a big mess!

AromiErotici

To each his own. I liked Orange Sanguine when I sampled it and still like it.

I haven't sampled the others in the line though.

Do you guys agree?
    Don't agree.

I bought a 30 ml of Bois Blonds and like it just fine. It's fresh, very pleasant for work, and lasts several hours. When the bottle is finished, I might look for something with more character.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

My husband bought a large bottle of Orange Sanguine over the summer and has been wearing it often-- he really likes it. It's okay on him, not my favorite but I don't mind it.

Trefle Pur is my favorite. It always reminds me of Spring. Longevity is fabulous.

I've only tried Orange Sanguine. I was very impressed how accurate it was to a fresh cut orange. However, I don't find myself wanting to smell like that very often.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by loungeboy View Post
    Trefle Pur is my favorite. It always reminds me of Spring. Longevity is fabulous.
    Amazing stuff. So pure and natural. Wish Atelier had a normal sized bottle choice tho, 30ml or 200ml? Come on. Still, I sprung for the big one. I love it too much. Especially good for the mild & warm weather here in paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Agreed with the sole exception of the new one Vanilla Incensee. That one is quite workable for a man, in certain situations.

Hi!

Do you guys agree?
    Octavian gets it right 90% of the time. A great reviewer with an excellent nose. Of course Atelier Cologne is garbage.

Just sampled Trefle Pur today and liked it. Definitely on my list to try again.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

I found BB worthy of purchase

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Sampled the entire line around the holidays... none of them struck me as at all interesting or outstanding in any way. I'd consider a purchase if they were about 1/2 the price, and if there weren't already other frags out there that do the exact same thing but better, for much less.
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N 2

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

they range from $145 to $175 for a 200ml bottle

you'll pay more per ml for many watered down designer crap

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

I own Bois Blonds and Grand Neroli..not a fan of others from the line. Bois Blonds is enjoyable.

I actually would not pay more per ml for watered down designer crap. I buy my watered down designer crap at a discount (some of it I get free!) If you enjoyed the scents, more power to you. I didn't find any of them worth owning.
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N 2

I have tried Oolang Infini and Bois Blond, and disliked them both. Nothing worth writing a scented letter home about, so to speak.

Trefle Pur is really good to me, but I adore eau de colognes and I think the longer-lasting aspect is really nice. I think it would make a positively great summer scent.

I didn't like their orange garbage, though. Ick. I live in Florida; I don't want to smell sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    Trefle Pur is really good to me, but I adore eau de colognes and I think the longer-lasting aspect is really nice. I think it would make a positively great summer scent.

I didn't like their orange garbage, though. Ick. I live in Florida; I don't want to smell sticky.
    None of Atelier fragrances are actually EDC's or colognes; the term is just used for marketing sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    None of Atelier fragrances are actually EDC's or colognes; the term is just used for marketing sometimes.
    I mean Eaux in the style of Klnisch Wasser, or Eau de Colognes, such as Eau de Cologne Imperiale, 4711, etc. Trefle Pur really is very similar to this classic style, but with greatly improved longevity.

I've sampled 4 of them and thought they were 'nice' but nothing to get excited about. That said, these quieter fragrances aren't really my style. I thought Trefle Pur was the best.

Tried a few, sampled Grand Neroli, but longevity was poor and it requires a very liberal application.

Pleasant enough. But not "enough" of anything to be of real note.