Code of Conduct

Cool Something basic about Kouros

Or maybe I should say, Kouros taught me something basic. I sprayed some on my hand, and got that characteristic blast of exotic sweet power--okay, so far, my usual experience. Then, I put my nose right on my skin. Arrgh... It's like something burned on a pan, or maybe old plastic that has rotted in the sun. Definitely a bitter, astringent smell. But one inch away from the skin--that full exotic flower. I always agreed that K was strong, but I never understood people who had very physical reactions--like retching or headaches. Taking a deep sniff up close gave me an inkling of what they are talking about. And I found out that the direct skin sniff can be very different from the impressions you get from a bit further away.

Default Re: Something basic about Kouros

Kouros was created by Beelzebub himself deep in the bowels of the hottest depths of Hades.

Oh, come on. It's not that bad.

@ the OP: I usually wait for the dry-down to kick in before doing a skin sniff test. It's to be expected that some fragrances with enjoyable sillage might not hold up to such close scrutiny. But Kouros should be fine skin-close after it's petered out a bit.

Anyway, you've got some guts to smell Kouros nose-to-skin so close after application. Hope your nose is OK.
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS

Sur la Plage

I think it smells fantastic from any distance.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Had a similar reactiom to Fahrenheit. It's much better from a distance. Still nott something I personally want to smell like, but much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bon Vivant View Post
    ... Kouros should be fine skin-close after it's petered out a bit.

Anyway, you've got some guts to smell Kouros nose-to-skin so close after application. Hope your nose is OK.
    It took several hours for the annoying skin-scent to fade. I think that may be related to the amount and distance of the spray--I think I did it too close. In another experiment, I wanted to compare Kouros with K Eau de Sport. Thinking that I needed strong sprays to understand the difference, I put three sprays of each on paper towels at close range. Ugh! It really brought out the worst, and I thought maybe I had made a mistake in buying Kouros. Fortunately, a few days later, I was able to enjoy it after doing a walk-through-the-mist application. This method minimizes the objectionable skin-scent for me.

So I guess your overall impression is that you liked it.

Actually, as much as Kouros makes me want to saw my own nose off, I smelt Kouros Tattoo yesterday and I quite liked it. Still smelt dated to me (even though it was only released a few years ago) but I could see a 40+ year old me rocking it.

today i tried it for the first me
    three sprays on my left wrist
    i think it was too much

it is strong as everyBody says
    and yeah i see im not the only one who felt that little headache after a hardsniff

i was tried to descriBe the smell of it, But i just couldn't pinpoint it

i think feet's powder is the closier thing i can think aBout
    it was too much for me the first 6 hours
    now im at Base notes, it is way more sweet and nice

But waiting 6 hours just to enjoy the Basenotes, no i dont think i will Be waiting for that

Kouros is awesome. I agree with Joe that it smells godlike from any distance.

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    Kouros is awesome. I agree with Joe that it smells godlike from any distance.
    Yes, but as long as it's not over applied. All this talk of Kouros has convinced me I need to renew my supply.....