Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default eBay Seller - Universal-Perfume

Has anyone here bought anything from this eBay seller - Universal-Perfume?
    If so, what country are you from and what was your overall experience like?
    She has a lot of interesting fragrances and many, many Amouage testers.

Blog Entries

Default Re: eBay Seller - Universal-Perfume

I've bought from them (Rosine Diabolo Rose) and someone else I know bought an Amouage Gold (women's) tester. The perfumes were as described, shipped fast and packed well. I would buy again.

I live in the UK and I've bought from them - on a couple of occasions. I would agree with 30 Roses - well packed; speedy delivery; goods as per descriptions. Also, when I needed to raise a query, the response was very quick, accurate and courteous. I would certainly use them again - no problem.

I've never purchased from them, but heard great feedback about the store. And they always respond to questions within a timely manner. Their prices aren't the greatest unless you want to purchase a tester.

I am really curious where she get her amouage testers from though, as in Kuwait there is only one official amouage seller.

Blog Entries

l have also bought from them; a discontinued fragrance which was shipped quickly, cellophane-wrapped in its' original box & totally authentic. l was very pleased with their service & would buy from them again.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

This makes me happy and relieved to read these as I bought three things from here: Amouage Lyric Woman, Amouage Homage, and Montale White Oudh, that I am awaiting shipment on. *fingers crossed*

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Any updated feedback on this seller? I'm a little curious given the recent negative feedback.

Just received my 12ml Amouage Tribute Attar. I've purchased a fair bit with Universal Perfumes over the past few years, and have always been happy. This is no exception - well packaged, authentic, and good postage time (about 3 weeks to Australia). So that's a positive for Universal perfumes - and for Tribute Attar!!

How much?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Abdel Isam Tariq View Post
    How much?
    PMed you with the link to the listing

I'm interested in atleast 3 amouage fragrances. Do you guys think that getting a tester from them is better or should I just fork over the extra cash for a full bottle/box. I'd like to save some money but, I'd rather not get bad juice. Thanks, I'm about to buy from this ebay seller since he/she has a lot of amouage i like.

I have bought Amouage Jubilation XXV full bottle and a tester bottle - same juice!

It's been a while since I've ordered anything from Universal Perfume but I have purchased many many many items from that seller and each order went very smoothly. In fact, I was often surprised by how fast my orders would arrive here in the States. I only ordered Micallef and Amouage but everything was fine and legit. I would have no qualms ordering from this seller again. In fact, in the past, I'd even asked for specific items that I was looking for but weren't listed and the seller would try to find them, in one case it was a success. Great seller, highly recommended. Can't say anything about the recent negative feedback though. My experiences were good.
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

hello

I have read this thread as i am interested in one fragrance they sell (kenzo air intense).
    all the feedbacks seem good yet i have a doubt when i see that shipping is free, and further down the page, they offer to refund your purchase price including shipping is note happy…doesnt that seem strange ?

any other feedbacks ?
    many thanks

Blog Entries

I bought from them.

Shipping was "free", but if you think about it, free shipping really means that the cost of shipping is included in the price--obviously it not free for them (I'm sure they have to put postage on the package to mail it.)

But if they refund, you get back all you paid for it. However, you have to pay to ship it back.

thank you 30Roses for you answer. i think i give them a try, hoping the fragrances to be genuine…

Any idea what's happened to this seller? They had a good range of frags for sale and suddenly nothing?

I noticed a Shanoor tester went up not long before their whole range got taken off - what is this frag, some sort of curse!?

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    Any idea what's happened to this seller? They had a good range of frags for sale and suddenly nothing?

I noticed a Shanoor tester went up not long before their whole range got taken off - what is this frag, some sort of curse!?
    I noticed this as well, since I was watching a number of their items. (I also bought off them recently, just before their stuff was taken down, and everything went perfectly.) I messaged them to find out what was going on, and they told me that eBay took down their listings (they didn't give a reason - maybe eBay didn't give them one), and that they were working to get them back up again - apparently eBay asked for some stuff that wasn't immediately available, so it'll take some time before their listings are fully restored. I'm planning on keeping an eye on things to see when or if their stuff comes back, so you might want to do the same, laph.
    Click to view my swap thread (L'Occitane and Tam Dao products going):

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...mp-body-lotion

I ordered from them once, about a year ago, and have no complaints. Anyway, this 'listings disappearance' has happened before, sometime last year, for a short period. No idea why, though.

Blog Entries

I can confirm that that is the new web page for eBay seller universal-perfumes (http://www.universalperfumesandcosmetics.com/) as I messaged them through eBay recently and asked where they were now selling their perfumes, since they stopped listing on eBay. That is the link they sent me.

Welp...I'm going to bite the bullet and order SL Fumerie Turque from them.
    They say shipping will take 4-5 weeks.
    I'm betting that's why they got a lot of negative feedbacks...paypal has buyer guarantee anyway, and they accept paypal...so pretty much if for any reason you're not satisfied, you can get a refund.

I have purchased a few times from them without any issues.

I've purchased a few MPG's from them at a great price, Parfum D' Habit, and Santal Noble, to be exact. Both were legit, they arrived in a timely manner, and were factory sealed

Ok, I just ordered a discontinued scent from them. I used paypal so hopefully will get my money back if it all goes tits up. But I'm really hoping it wont, coz I really want that bottle!

Finally managed to get a bottle of fumerie turque from Universal Perfumes and Cosmetics -- shipped from Kuwait very quickly to the USA -- 10 days after I placed my order I received my bottle. And wow -- I am so happy with this epic juice I love SL and thank you so much Moshen for delivering the scent that no one else could get me outside of Paris

Universal Perfumes... Fraud Warning...!

Placed an order with "Universal Perfumes" in October-13 and never received the product.. the seller claimes it takes between 3-5 weeks for delivery but all the time stringing along so that 45 days limit is reached and PayPal will not open a case agains them, on several occasions I instructed the seller how to refund the payment, again the seller plays ignorant and keeps referring to Paypal.

Very disappointed with their service .. I lost $196.00 US
    In my opinion Moshen of ashkanani.boutique@gmail.com is a thief.

Sorry that you had a bad experience. I have dealt with him on a number of occasions and I never had a problem with a purchase. Where are you located?
    (1040)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Moshen has always been honest with me when dealing with problems, and he finally did manage to get me my bottle of fumerie turque from Kuwait. In my opinion he is a good / honest person (I have no reason to stick up for him, I don't know him IRL or anything), and I have made several orders from his site and yes -- there were stock problems / delays, but he always made up for it, and was always honest about everything. I don't see why he would start selectively scamming people now after building up such a good reputation. I would not call him a theif -- give him a chance to make things right. Shipping from country to country is a pain in the you know what, especially if it's something that's "exclusive" in one country and not even sold in another due to the idiocy of regional marketing mentality by some of these product managers in certain fragrance companies. Oh they love to have their city / region exclusives don't they...don't give a crap about anyone else who lives outside of that area. Ok end rant TL;DR version -- Contact Moshen, he'll make it right.

I'm awaiting a bottle from them. Hopeful given that most experiences have been positive. Can anyone in the US tell me how long it typically takes to arrive in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    I'm awaiting a bottle from them. Hopeful given that most experiences have been positive. Can anyone in the US tell me how long it typically takes to arrive in the US?
    From the day it has actually shipped from Kuwait, I have received all my packages in no more than 12 days registered.
    (1069)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Wow! Did you get shipping notice as well Hednic? I never got a notice, but my account says it's complete so I'm assuming that it has been shipped. I ordered Nov 15th so it is in the range of what your experience has been, but I'm out West so it could take longer depending how it is routed.

Regrettably, I haven't had suck luck dealing with Universal Perfumes & Cosmetics in Kuwait.
    My order was placed on 7th Oct-13.
    Moshen for all purposes was very prompt in replying to my emails of "None Delivery" even to go as far as offer a refund.. however as soon as I took up his offer 5 weeks into the delay .. Moshen all of a sudden claimed that pay Pal had a "Limit Access" on his account and advised me to contact PayPal and report a claim.
    Unbeknown to me PayPal has a max 45 day limit to consider a claim.. once 45 days has elapsed they wash their hand of any responsibility, which sadly is where I'm at.
    It was at this point Pay Pal advised me that the seller (Mohsen) can very easily click the refund button and settle the matter.. however as expected Mohsen claims that it would take "MONTHS" to supply Pay pal with the information they require and again advised me to place a claim... it was at this stage his replies took longer and longer to receive and at this stage 58 days into it he hasn't replied for 3 days.

Very disappointing for me and regrettable a company like Universal Perfumes & Cosmetics to play the ignorant card and loose face for just $214.00 obviously they value their reputation much less that the amount they have stolen from me.

BTW I have also sent emails to Universal Perfumes & Cosmetics through their company main web site .. still waiting for a reply.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I had a nightmare of a time dealing with this company to get a refund from a fake (or REALLY old) bottle of Jub. XXV. We agreed I'd return it for a refund (shipping to there from U.S. is NOT cheap). About 4 or 5 months later the mailman brings the package back to me. Turns out the guy refused the shipment, and I never got my $ back. I'd strongly advise everyone to shop elsewhere.

Blog Entries

I recommend sending them a link to this thread. If they see that their reputation is on the line and it will hurt their sales, you may get better results.

Quote Originally Posted by keramm View Post
    Universal Perfumes... Fraud Warning...!

Placed an order with "Universal Perfumes" in October-13 and never received the product.. the seller claimes it takes between 3-5 weeks for delivery but all the time stringing along so that 45 days limit is reached and PayPal will not open a case agains them, on several occasions I instructed the seller how to refund the payment, again the seller plays ignorant and keeps referring to Paypal.

Very disappointed with their service .. I lost $196.00 US
    In my opinion Moshen of ashkanani.boutique@gmail.com is a thief.

Interesting email address as it differs significantly from the one that I have for these guys - is it the same site ?
    http://www.universalperfumesandcosmetics.com

Wow! Did you get shipping notice as well Hednic? I never got a notice, but my account says it's complete so I'm assuming that it has been shipped. I ordered Nov 15th so it is in the range of what your experience has been, but I'm out West so it could take longer depending how it is routed.
    Actually I did get a shipping notice, but activity on the USPS website doesn't seem to show up until about one day before the actual delivery. At least that has been my experience.
    (1088)

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Actually I did get a shipping notice, but activity on the USPS website doesn't seem to show up until about one day before the actual delivery. At least that has been my experience.
    (1088)
    Same here. Nothing showed when tracking through the USPS website, but one day they just show up.

I sent them a request last night asking when my item was shipped and received a response this morning. They were going to be checking when they returned from being out of town and getting back to me. This is the site I dealt with: http://www.universalperfumesandcosmetics.com/

So far, I am choosing to assume the best. I am wondering if the person who made the claim for dissatisfaction could be drumming up trouble, Keramm? Maybe not, but it seems they posted for the sole purpose of making a complaint and we have no idea if they are legit at this point either.

Oh, and I did send them a link to this thread so that they can address it if they like.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, received a response with the tracking. I hadn't gotten it earlier but he sent it today. The package has arrived in the US and is making it's way to me.

I sent them a request last night asking when my item was shipped and received a response this morning. They were going to be checking when they returned from being out of town and getting back to me. This is the site I dealt with: http://www.universalperfumesandcosmetics.com/

So far, I am choosing to assume the best. I am wondering if the person who made the claim for dissatisfaction could be drumming up trouble, Keramm? Maybe not, but it seems they posted for the sole purpose of making a complaint and we have no idea if they are legit at this point either.

Oh, and I did send them a link to this thread so that they can address it if they like.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, received a response with the tracking. I hadn't gotten it earlier but he sent it today. The package has arrived in the US and is making it's way to me.
    Good News...!
    Had a few more email conversation with Universal Perfumes & Cosmetics last night, they still insisted I open a case with paypal..needles to say I was on the phone with Paypal for over an hour, they promised to assist even though 45days had passed.
    This morning when I opened my Paypal account I had a pleasant surprise.. "A Refund" with an apology for the delay in refunding but had found a way to do so... I'm glad and satisfied with the results.

For the record, I didn't post on this forum for malicious reasons but thought it responsible to inform others of my experience with this seller.. I would also expect others to do the same if found in the same situation.. I'm grateful Moshen found a way to rectify the issues and happy with my result and only faire I also share that with others.

Thanks for posting - glad it sorted out for you.

I've ordered from Mohsen 3 times, twice on eBay (Montale and Micallef) in 2010 and once from his website (generic Black Afgano oil) in 2012. In each instance it was shipped the day after payment was received and took between two to two and a half weeks for the items to reach me. Communication was prompt and very helpful. When I ordered from his website he included a free full-sized item and nice decanting supplies. I'd order from him again, and recommend him to friends.

Same here, socalwoman, no problems with any orders.

One last "rah rah" for Moshen -- some times he will list stuff on his site that might not be in stock at the time. He will tell you of this. I think in my case he actually told me one of his employees stole the last bottle! In any case, he offered not only to give me a discount if I was willing to wait for a new bottle, but also offered to just cancel / refund outright, right then and there. I choose to wait it out, and he communicated with me once a week until it was in stock. I give the man huge props for that. I would recommend dealing with him directly if there's an issue -- don't go to paypal / ebay / etc unless you haven't heard from him for two weeks. Then (and I seriously doubt he would ever let that happen, not communicate with you for over two weeks), go to paypal. They're BSing you about the 45 day thing -- any transaction on PayPal can be reversed, even gifts. It doesn't matter how long it takes. Just complain to them and say if they won't help you'll scream to your bank which funded the account and say that PayPal is defrauding you -- that'll get their attention. But yeah, Moshen is a good guy and I seriously doubt he would ever purposely screw someone over.

Good News...!
    Had a few more email conversation with Universal Perfumes & Cosmetics last night, they still insisted I open a case with paypal..needles to say I was on the phone with Paypal for over an hour, they promised to assist even though 45days had passed.
    This morning when I opened my Paypal account I had a pleasant surprise.. "A Refund" with an apology for the delay in refunding but had found a way to do so... I'm glad and satisfied with the results.

For the record, I didn't post on this forum for malicious reasons but thought it responsible to inform others of my experience with this seller.. I would also expect others to do the same if found in the same situation.. I'm grateful Moshen found a way to rectify the issues and happy with my result and only faire I also share that with others.
    I know this must have left you with a sour taste, but at least you got a positive resolution to the nightmare. Happy for you.

(1178)

Good News...!

I am so glad that it worked out for you. I meant no offense, but with only a few posts on your account I wondered. I am very happy that things are able to be resolved for you and sorry you had a bad experience. Thank you so much for posting about the resolution!

I am very glad this issue was resolved. I have nothing but good things to say about UP & C. They always told me upfront shipping would take a little longer than what I normally expected with other cyber distributors but the prices were so good for hard to find niche offerings that it always offset the wait.

Guess what turned up today! i-Dj7KZJJ-L.jpg

All the way from Kuwait

i-KdFz2xG-M.jpg

Congrats!

Guess what turned up today! i-Dj7KZJJ-L.jpg

All the way from Kuwait

i-KdFz2xG-M.jpg
    Nice purchase.

Yes, Congrats to you!

(1191)

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Congrats to you, danieq.

That site has a lot of interesting discontinued perfumes, especially the Serge Lutens.

The fact that this seller is from Kuwait, which has really hot climate. I wonder if their storage room air conditioned. Some valuable old vintage could be terribly damaged in 'the oven atmosphere'.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

I recently bought Aoud Café by Mancera from them. Really fast delivery and secured package.
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 27th December 2013 at 04:18 AM.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

im about to order from the website www.universalperfumesandcosmetics.com

they have some D&G Masculine tester bottles for sale.

do they look genuine ?

http://www.universalperfumesandcosme...roduct_id=1010

thanks

Why would they not be genuine?
    All of the stuff that I've bought there has been fine & people probably don't fake testers (AFAIK!).

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyv View Post
    im about to order from the website www.universalperfumesandcosmetics.com

they have some D&G Masculine tester bottles for sale.

do they look genuine ?

http://www.universalperfumesandcosme...roduct_id=1010

thanks
    Be at ease. They are completey on the level.

(2308)

Quote Originally Posted by Wit_Siamese View Post
    Congrats to you, danieq.

That site has a lot of interesting discontinued perfumes, especially the Serge Lutens.

The fact that this seller is from Kuwait, which has really hot climate. I wonder if their storage room air conditioned. Some valuable old vintage could be terribly damaged in 'the oven atmosphere'.
    My Jub. XXV was terribly damaged somehow. Kinda hard to explain. I'm pretty sure it was real, but most of the notes were gone. It had turned bad. They fought me about getting my funds back. I returned it for a refund, he refused it and I never got my money back. What a shit way to run a business.
    Last edited by cwill; 29th December 2013 at 08:29 PM.

I bought 12 Generic perfume samples from Universal Perfumes. They arrived within 10 days and I was pleased with most of them. However, one of the ones I had ordered was Opium vintage and what I received was the current Opium formula. I pointed this out politely in an email to Mohsen and from then on the customer service went down hill. No apology, no offer to rectify it, and when pushed, a vague promise to look into it and then a long silence with no replies to my email queries. The website still advertises the perfume as Opium Vintage. I am not impressed with their customer service and my experience makes me hesitant to order from them again. In my opinion if things go wrong - this is not a good company to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by jorou61 View Post
    I bought 12 Generic perfume samples from Universal Perfumes. They arrived within 10 days and I was pleased with most of them. However, one of the ones I had ordered was Opium vintage and what I received was the current Opium formula. I pointed this out politely in an email to Mohsen and from then on the customer service went down hill. No apology, no offer to rectify it, and when pushed, a vague promise to look into it and then a long silence with no replies to my email queries. The website still advertises the perfume as Opium Vintage. I am not impressed with their customer service and my experience makes me hesitant to order from them again. In my opinion if things go wrong - this is not a good company to deal with.
    Welcome jorou61! What were the other scents that smelled good to you?

Cwill & Jorou61

Sorry you had bad experiences with Universal. It's never pleasant whoever the vendor is when things don't turn out right.

(2417)

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Welcome jorou61! What were the other scents that smelled good to you?
    The one I really loved was the generic oil of Amouage Ubar. At first it smelled like bug spray for the first 15 minutes and then gradually morphed into a long lasting gorgeous smell that bought tears to my eyes! Because I've never tried most of the originals I don't know how the generic oils compare. I got some other Amouage ones - gold, Jubilation and Epic - Epic didn't smell nice at all - just a sullen spice mix with none of the floral notes it's supposed to have. I like spicy perfumes but this was hideous as though half the perfume was missing. I'm going to try a sample of the real stuff to see if its a skin chemistry thing or if the generic oil was a bad copy. Gold and Jubiliation were also not very nice on my skin. The other ones were various rose/oud combos which are pleasant when applied in moderation - otherwise too oudy for my taste. Encens Mythique (Guerlain) and Santal Blush (Tom Ford) were Ok but probably not my cup of tea. Noir de Noir (Tom Ford) smelt very sharp and not blended very well - once again don't know what the original smells like - will have to try this as well. The opium (current formula) was a very good rendition and a lot longer lasting than the original.