Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default eBay Seller - Universal-Perfume

Has anyone here bought anything from this eBay seller - Universal-Perfume?
    If so, what country are you from and what was your overall experience like?
    She has a lot of interesting fragrances and many, many Amouage testers.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: eBay Seller - Universal-Perfume

I've bought from them (Rosine Diabolo Rose) and someone else I know bought an Amouage Gold (women's) tester. The perfumes were as described, shipped fast and packed well. I would buy again.

I live in the UK and I've bought from them - on a couple of occasions. I would agree with 30 Roses - well packed; speedy delivery; goods as per descriptions. Also, when I needed to raise a query, the response was very quick, accurate and courteous. I would certainly use them again - no problem.

I've never purchased from them, but heard great feedback about the store. And they always respond to questions within a timely manner. Their prices aren't the greatest unless you want to purchase a tester.

I am really curious where she get her amouage testers from though, as in Kuwait there is only one official amouage seller.

Blog Entries

l have also bought from them; a discontinued fragrance which was shipped quickly, cellophane-wrapped in its' original box & totally authentic. l was very pleased with their service & would buy from them again.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

This makes me happy and relieved to read these as I bought three things from here: Amouage Lyric Woman, Amouage Homage, and Montale White Oudh, that I am awaiting shipment on. *fingers crossed*

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Currently wearing: Guirlandes by Carven

Any updated feedback on this seller? I'm a little curious given the recent negative feedback.

Just received my 12ml Amouage Tribute Attar. I've purchased a fair bit with Universal Perfumes over the past few years, and have always been happy. This is no exception - well packaged, authentic, and good postage time (about 3 weeks to Australia). So that's a positive for Universal perfumes - and for Tribute Attar!!

How much?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Abdel Isam Tariq View Post
    How much?
    PMed you with the link to the listing

Basenotes Member

I'm interested in atleast 3 amouage fragrances. Do you guys think that getting a tester from them is better or should I just fork over the extra cash for a full bottle/box. I'd like to save some money but, I'd rather not get bad juice. Thanks, I'm about to buy from this ebay seller since he/she has a lot of amouage i like.

I have bought Amouage Jubilation XXV full bottle and a tester bottle - same juice!

It's been a while since I've ordered anything from Universal Perfume but I have purchased many many many items from that seller and each order went very smoothly. In fact, I was often surprised by how fast my orders would arrive here in the States. I only ordered Micallef and Amouage but everything was fine and legit. I would have no qualms ordering from this seller again. In fact, in the past, I'd even asked for specific items that I was looking for but weren't listed and the seller would try to find them, in one case it was a success. Great seller, highly recommended. Can't say anything about the recent negative feedback though. My experiences were good.
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

hello

I have read this thread as i am interested in one fragrance they sell (kenzo air intense).
    all the feedbacks seem good yet i have a doubt when i see that shipping is free, and further down the page, they offer to refund your purchase price including shipping is note happyůdoesnt that seem strange ?

any other feedbacks ?
    many thanks

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I bought from them.

Shipping was "free", but if you think about it, free shipping really means that the cost of shipping is included in the price--obviously it not free for them (I'm sure they have to put postage on the package to mail it.)

But if they refund, you get back all you paid for it. However, you have to pay to ship it back.

thank you 30Roses for you answer. i think i give them a try, hoping the fragrances to be genuine…

Any idea what's happened to this seller? They had a good range of frags for sale and suddenly nothing?

I noticed a Shanoor tester went up not long before their whole range got taken off - what is this frag, some sort of curse!?

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    Any idea what's happened to this seller? They had a good range of frags for sale and suddenly nothing?

I noticed a Shanoor tester went up not long before their whole range got taken off - what is this frag, some sort of curse!?
    I noticed this as well, since I was watching a number of their items. (I also bought off them recently, just before their stuff was taken down, and everything went perfectly.) I messaged them to find out what was going on, and they told me that eBay took down their listings (they didn't give a reason - maybe eBay didn't give them one), and that they were working to get them back up again - apparently eBay asked for some stuff that wasn't immediately available, so it'll take some time before their listings are fully restored. I'm planning on keeping an eye on things to see when or if their stuff comes back, so you might want to do the same, laph.
    Click to view my swap thread (L'Occitane and Tam Dao products going):

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...mp-body-lotion

I ordered from them once, about a year ago, and have no complaints. Anyway, this 'listings disappearance' has happened before, sometime last year, for a short period. No idea why, though.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I can confirm that that is the new web page for eBay seller universal-perfumes (http://www.universalperfumesandcosmetics.com/) as I messaged them through eBay recently and asked where they were now selling their perfumes, since they stopped listing on eBay. That is the link they sent me.

Welp...I'm going to bite the bullet and order SL Fumerie Turque from them.
    They say shipping will take 4-5 weeks.
    I'm betting that's why they got a lot of negative feedbacks...paypal has buyer guarantee anyway, and they accept paypal...so pretty much if for any reason you're not satisfied, you can get a refund.

I have purchased a few times from them without any issues.

I've purchased a few MPG's from them at a great price, Parfum D' Habit, and Santal Noble, to be exact. Both were legit, they arrived in a timely manner, and were factory sealed

Ok, I just ordered a discontinued scent from them. I used paypal so hopefully will get my money back if it all goes tits up. But I'm really hoping it wont, coz I really want that bottle!

Finally managed to get a bottle of fumerie turque from Universal Perfumes and Cosmetics -- shipped from Kuwait very quickly to the USA -- 10 days after I placed my order I received my bottle. And wow -- I am so happy with this epic juice I love SL and thank you so much Moshen for delivering the scent that no one else could get me outside of Paris

Universal Perfumes... Fraud Warning...!

Placed an order with "Universal Perfumes" in October-13 and never received the product.. the seller claimes it takes between 3-5 weeks for delivery but all the time stringing along so that 45 days limit is reached and PayPal will not open a case agains them, on several occasions I instructed the seller how to refund the payment, again the seller plays ignorant and keeps referring to Paypal.

Very disappointed with their service .. I lost $196.00 US
    In my opinion Moshen of [email protected] is a thief.

Sorry that you had a bad experience. I have dealt with him on a number of occasions and I never had a problem with a purchase. Where are you located?
    (1040)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Moshen has always been honest with me when dealing with problems, and he finally did manage to get me my bottle of fumerie turque from Kuwait. In my opinion he is a good / honest person (I have no reason to stick up for him, I don't know him IRL or anything), and I have made several orders from his site and yes -- there were stock problems / delays, but he always made up for it, and was always honest about everything. I don't see why he would start selectively scamming people now after building up such a good reputation. I would not call him a theif -- give him a chance to make things right. Shipping from country to country is a pain in the you know what, especially if it's something that's "exclusive" in one country and not even sold in another due to the idiocy of regional marketing mentality by some of these product managers in certain fragrance companies. Oh they love to have their city / region exclusives don't they...don't give a crap about anyone else who lives outside of that area. Ok end rant TL;DR version -- Contact Moshen, he'll make it right.

I'm awaiting a bottle from them. Hopeful given that most experiences have been positive. Can anyone in the US tell me how long it typically takes to arrive in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    I'm awaiting a bottle from them. Hopeful given that most experiences have been positive. Can anyone in the US tell me how long it typically takes to arrive in the US?
    From the day it has actually shipped from Kuwait, I have received all my packages in no more than 12 days registered.
    (1069)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.