Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: eBay Seller - Universal-Perfume

My only gripe with Universal if you could call it that is that the packaging that Mohsen uses is a bit flimsy (wrapped in newspaper and taped and put into a rather weak looking envelope. I wish he would take the time to wrap the parcels for carefully.

(2678)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

This is my first posting in this forum – just sharing my experience with Universal Perfume
    I have bought Diorella perfume which I got just before Christmas.
    Unfortunately content of the bottle was very disappointing – yellow stinky liquid – certainly not diorella I know.
    I have sent email to Mohsen and we agreed that I will return the bottle and be refunded. I didn’t know then that it is prohibited to send perfumes via mail (classified as dangerous goods) to and from Australia unless sender has contract with Australia Post for the carriage of dangerous goods.
    Since Mohsen didn’t answer to my last email, I have opened dispute with the Universal via paypal. Today I got notification from them (not Mohsen but Andrea Rodriguez ) that since I have opened the case with paypal, I have to send perfume back if I want to get refund.
    I am trying to send perfume back via friend who is travelling soon but not sure if will succeed.

Sorry to hear that, kat11 - we're no longer allowed to ship perfume overseas from here either, or receive it unless via Hazmat carriers.

Mohsen is gone for a month and won't be back until February. The return sounds like a big hassle. Sorry for your bad luck with the merchandise.

(2748)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thank you lpp and hednic. I didn’t know that Moshen was away – probably that’s the reason he didn’t answer to my email. So maybe there is still a hope???!!!

Good luck, kat11, hope it works out.

Universal Perfumes and Cosmetics is 100% legit. I have ordered from them a dozen times. The shipping speed varies...sometimes taking two to three weeks and sometimes as little as 7-8 days. I've noticed it depends on what time of year you place the order.

Some of the prices aren't the best however some of their prices are as much as $100 cheaper than other reputable sites.
    I admit I was skeptical at first but am more than happy with their costumer service.

They also have a retail website. Several members here, including myself, have had some serious issues when ordering from them. Wrong products delivered, broken bottles, and other issues ... and the owner refuses to respond and correct any issues when these things happen. I lost quite a bit of money with this seller, and will never purchase from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    They also have a retail website. Several members here, including myself, have had some serious issues when ordering from them. Wrong products delivered, broken bottles, and other issues ... and the owner refuses to respond and correct any issues when these things happen. I lost quite a bit of money with this seller, and will never purchase from them again.
    Sorry to here that. I suppose it's a gamble. I only buy frags from him since I realized how much other sellers price rape the shit out of certain perfumes. I use paypal with this guy since I noticed he has no seller protection. I would imagine it wouldn't be that hard to win a dispute especially if he doesn't reply in this type of situation.
    If anyone ever does use them and has any trouble with him replying he seems to be most active between 3am and 5am US central time. If he doesn't respond within minutes...I slam him with like ten or more duplicate emails then he responds within minutes.lol...Hope this helps!
    I guess I've been lucky so far I'll stick to buying one bottle at a time so I don't risk getting burned to badly if it happens and if it does everyone here will be the first to know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by HickorySmoke420 View Post
    I guess I've been lucky so far I'll stick to buying one bottle at a time so I don't risk getting burned to badly if it happens
    That's my philosophy with this seller also.

Whatsapp seems to be a good option.

This dude runs an online fragrance business for a living, yet to get any level of customer service or an acknowledgment of an issue, I need to either email him ten times within five minutes ... or download some text messaging app? That doesn't bother anybody else?

It bothers me enough not to do business with him!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloke View Post
    It bothers me enough not to do business with him!
    Ha! Fair enough!

My experience with him thus far has been 1 purchase of 2 bottles a few months ago. Arrived safe but poorly packaged.
    Very recently I've been enquiring about white box Tribute availability through Whatsapp and received prompt replies.

I have, however, now read enough to put me off purchasing from him, especially given the risks involved with Customs here in the UK. I shudder to think I end up paying customs a non trivial sum in order to receive my order, only to open it and find a disaster which becomes difficult to recover from.

Does anyone have an email address for Mohsen?

I might try and build some sort of rapport with him before ordering. Just need some Montale stuff and maybe tom ford sahara noir....see if he can source it for me if he doesnt have it instore...thanks.

Also are there any other options like universal perfumes who one can buy from in the middle east?