Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default What Fragrance Gets You The Most Negative Comments

What fragrance that you own or have tried gets you the most negative comments?

For me if I am honest its Antaeus. Everytime I have worn it people start coughing and spluttering and start reacting as if I am wearing horse manure. lol I like the scent but I have tried it out with friends, family and shopping and I always get a negative reaction. I dare not wear it to work as I do not want to be that bad cologne guy.

I only wear one to two sprays and I just cannot understand the extreme reactions I get so this one is going to be a stay at home scent. I like wearing fragrances that I like but do not want to offend anyone so that is that for Antaeus.

How about you guys.....................
    Currently wearing: Opus 1870 by Penhaligon's

Default Re: What Fragrance Gets You The Most Negative Comments

Have yet to receive a negative comment from any fragrance I wear. Guess I am lucky.

People love me in Antaeus, must be your body chemestry?!

My mother almost suffercated once when I wore Midnight Poison.
    One of my girlfriends LOATHE it when I wear Fahrenheit.

I never get negative comments/reactions from strangers.

i never get negative comments either, i rarely get any sort of comment.

Anytime I wear anything with amber in it, my bf says that it "takes all the oxygen out of the room" and that he "can't breathe."

Well I put on some Milliseme Imperial the other day when I was out for my g/f to test and she almost puked on me, like literally retched at the smell. Everytime I made her smell it again it would make her retch...so that was pretty negative :S sad as well cause I love MI :<

Quote Originally Posted by Zubbbrastyle View Post
    Well I put on some Milliseme Imperial the other day when I was out for my g/f to test and she almost puked on me, like literally retched at the smell. Everytime I made her smell it again it would make her retch...so that was pretty negative :S sad as well cause I love MI :<
    realy?!?! although i think MI is an extremely overrated, i cannot imagine anyone actually think it doesnt smell "good".

A couple of weeks ago I oversprayed Opium PH EDP.
    This offended a friends nose.
    He could smell me from 6 feet away, which I found to be pretty impressive lol.
    Anyway, he told me I stunk and smelled like a woman.
    Next time I will go a lot lighter on the trigger with this one.

I have only gotten negative feedback/reactions from 3 fragrances that I can think of. One of them was Zino, which I hate. The other 2 I enjoy: Terre d'Hermes, and Realities.

Only once. I was in a shopping centre wearing 1 million. A little girl turned to her mum (from about four feet away) and said "Mummy, he smells". I no longer own 1 million...
    Currently wearing: Blue Jeans by Versace

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    Only once. I was in a shopping centre wearing 1 million. A little girl turned to her mum (from about four feet away) and said "Mummy, he smells". I no longer own 1 million...
    I would have done this..

Hahaha!! Crossed my mind for a second!
    Currently wearing: Blue Jeans by Versace

Of what I own, I get bad feedback for Baby Blue Jeans and Miracle L'Aquatonic, from just about everyone. On the grounds that they are "way too floral" for a man, and make me smell like "someones granny".

Sadly, I'd have to concur... I now only use these 2 to layer with anything else I have that hasn't got floral notes of it's own.
    Currently wearing: Reveal Men by Calvin Klein

I rarely get much feedback one way or the other -- Austrians are pretty introverted.
    The one fragrance that got a couple of negative comments was Portrait of a Lady: A female friend said it smelled like it was "for old people" and my partner started by saying he liked it, but after 15 minutes said there was something he couldn't pinpoint in the fragrance that he found really off-putting (and he never complains about any fragrances I use).

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    realy?!?! although i think MI is an extremely overrated, i cannot imagine anyone actually think it doesnt smell "good".
    She pretty much hated it. I was intending on getting myself a bottle but knowing her reaction was that bad put me off.

It`s not often I get negative comments, but I got a negative comment from some colleagues once when I was wearing Cerutti 1881.. "what the h.... is that skunkish smell!" I loved the stuff ;-)

I'm with those who rarely get a comment positive or negative.....the only slightly negative comment I got was from a ball-busting type buddy who thought my Gucci Envy was too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Force of One View Post
    I'm with those who rarely get a comment positive or negative
    I'm in this camp too
    Last edited by Riley; 10th April 2011 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by firehorse View Post
    Anytime I wear anything with amber in it, my bf says that it "takes all the oxygen out of the room" and that he "can't breathe."
    I love when my wife wears Amber, she has something from Victoria's Secret with Amber in it and it is quite a seductive scent. I work till midnight and she is usually in bed when I get home, but I can tell when she wants her sleep to be interrupted as the Amber is in the air. :-)

I also found this to be interesting while I was on the topic:

http://www.zimbio.com/Aromatherapy/a...nts+temptation

1. Overapplication: whatever it may be, it turns me or anyone into a walking scent diffusor hated by everyone around, no matter how good the blend is.

2. Really cheap stuff amplifies effect # 1. I guess it is because discordant notes and accords are minimum common denominators of poor quality scents.

3. Really popular scents: take Fahrenheit in Argentina, has been succesfully replicated as room / bathroom / restroom deodorizer, so wearing this will make everyone say "uh, again?". It is hapening with 1 Million, a best seller that is being replicated ad nauseam.

In my case, no scent in particular, except for one or two classified under 2 which are local cheapies unavailable overseas.

Ambre Precieux; Got two "too strong" comments.

And since then I'm really paranoid about over applying anything. Never got a negative comment before moving to Miami...but I suppose even in it's coldest days, there aren't many things I can get away with wearing here.

Quote Originally Posted by tebb23 View Post
    I love when my wife wears Amber, she has something from Victoria's Secret with Amber in it and it is quite a seductive scent. I work till midnight and she is usually in bed when I get home, but I can tell when she wants her sleep to be interrupted as the Amber is in the air. :-)
    For the last 3 weeks or so I was sampling different ambers thinking it would be a hit. I was so surprised he had a strong negative reaction no matter which fragrance I tried. It's the only time he's ever reacted to all my sampling. In terms of "sexy scent" he loves Carnal Flower.

i went out with musc ravageur on and whilst i was waiting for the dry down i heard a lady say "i can smell piss"

The most negative comment I've gotten (in recent memory) was for L'Air Du Desert Marocain.

My wife says it's so dry that she gets thirsty.

Personally, that's why I love it, but I can understand what she means.

Sur la Plage

My husband has negative comments about the majority of my fragrances. Doesn't stop me from wearing them though.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Kouros.

dior homme .... & I don't blame them.

Dior Homme, Aramis (for being too strong)
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

A bitch that I hate at work could not stand it when I wore Attar by Montale. She literally couldn't stand near me without coughing. That same bitch also commented that Red Aoud smelled like rubbing oil. I was like, bring it on bitch. I'm gonna wear those stuff more and more often. My fragrance is my weapon now. LOL.

I almost never get comments, and when I do it's usually from family members. I put on some Obsession just before I went into church, and my sunday school teacher started coughing, but said I smelled good LOL.

As far as MI making people sick, well I had Unforgivable which is said to be the same thing, and even though I liked the smell it had a sharpness to it that made my stomach churn. It was literaly a gut wrench reaction when I smelled it.