Code of Conduct
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Default Re: Post a Picture of Your Scents - Edition VI

It'd be great to see your stuff D.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Thanks Volley, when should we expect an update on your collection?
    Just waiting for some bottles. Might do one pretty soon. =)
    Last edited by volley2; 24th January 2012 at 01:51 PM.

I'll have to take abetter picture but here is a quick update

Hi I'm a Newbie and lurker. I've always wanted to post something in Basenotes, but i just don't know what to write. Anyhow, I love this thread so much that i think my first post should be here =)

After seeing some of the collections here, i decided to have my friend draw me a design of a fragrance cabinet. Aside from that, i also commissioned a carpenter to actually make the cabinet itself.

So Finally, here's the end product (I showed my friend pics of @Jrd4t as well as @flacconeur cabinet to serve as an idea of what kind of design i like)

When opened

Finally here's a newbie collection ( not all of the space are filled but i make it larger anyway in case of future purchases hehehe )

All of the photo are sideway view because if i take it from the front, the mirror will reflect the flash and it's going to be blurry ( the mirror is really annoying....nice to look at, but a bitch to be photographed )

Cheersss

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by andreas2x View Post
    DAMN! That is an INCREDIBLE collection! Have you ever heard of Luckyscent.com?
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

andreas, that is BEAUTIFUL!! Both cabinet and collection

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Yes superb design and collection. Welcome to BN.
    for swap/sale:

Stunning

That's nice Andreas2x, real nice, welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post
    DAMN! That is an INCREDIBLE collection! Have you ever heard of Luckyscent.com?
    Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Yes superb design and collection. Welcome to BN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Stunning
    Quote Originally Posted by PEARL View Post
    That's nice Andreas2x, real nice, welcome!
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys =)

Yes i've heard of Luckyscent. In fact i have been buying lots samples and sometimes even full bottles from them. Luckyscent is the only place i found to have a very reasonable shipping price to Indonesia for samples ( It really is hard to have this addiction and living in a country where lots of niche are mostly unavailabe hehehe )

Great collection andreas! Your place should be in the itinerary when going to Indonesia....

Forgive me for echo-ing everyone else here, but that is simply beautiful, Andreas. Nicely done.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

So Finally, here's the end product (I showed my friend pics of @Jrd4t as well as @flacconeur cabinet to serve as an idea of what kind of design i like
    I'm glad that I could inspire such a beautiful cabinet. This is much more luxurious than mine
    - Expect the unexpected

Andreas.. A newbie? :-)

That's what I want! (but about a quarter of the size)

Quote Originally Posted by DNT View Post
    It'd be great to see your stuff D.
    Finally got round to it... I realize this doesn't really show the details, but here's my little decant and sample collection. Keep in mind I've obviously moved through and passed along hundreds of samples and such, this is just sort of my reference library to keep for sniffing and decants to ideally finish and then buy bottles of or avoid having to do so at all... and believe it or not I've NEVER bought samples from luckyscent or perfumedcourt so these all came from shops, swaps, and meetups.

top left is aquatics - blvgari blue, cool water, polo blue, l'eau d'izzey, etc with some classic edc's and maybe a little citrus
    top middle - some randoms to be sorted
    top right - florals - from chanel #5 in various concentrations, to various powders or soapy florals, to a bunch of lavenders like Caron PH and ELDO antiheroes, to neroli's like Ford portofino, and jasmines, etc
    middle left - various orientals - everything from A*men to Shalimar
    middle middle - various woods from cedar, sandlewood, etc
    middle right - various heavy categories such as ouds, ambers, leathers, and musks
    bottom left - woods and spices (mostly fougers) like serge noir, ELDO praise of a traitor, etc
    bottom right - various vetivers...

Last edited by Master-Classter; 23rd January 2012 at 02:40 AM.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir - PATCHOULI ABSOLU
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress, Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura, Azure Lime, Champacca Absolute

HARD TO FIND - Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

^^^ Dang OCD :P just kidding. Now thats some organization

Here's most of my collection, on a shelf in a closet in the bathroom (it's a big bathroom - the closet is about 15 feet away from the shower). My wife has a few things in here - the Idylle, Shalimars, and most of the stuff at the very left. Decants are at the right - from the SL bells, Kilian ToH from a refill bottle, and from minis into little atomizers

I use a couple of tiered organizers that are expandable to make 3 tiers that run the width of the shelf. I wish they were nicer looking, but they work. I think they are meant to go in pantrys for stacking canned goods. Maybe some day I will make a wooden one to fit - if I do, I will make the steps a bit higher to create more vertical spacing between the tiers.

I have a few other full bottles not shown in the pic - backups, splash bottles I've decanted from, new stuff that I haven't made room for, etc. I keep samples and minis in a dresser drawer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    Here's most of my collection, on a shelf in a closet in the bathroom (it's a big bathroom - the closet is about 15 feet away from the shower). My wife has a few things in here - the Idylle, Shalimars, and most of the stuff at the very left. Decants are at the right - from the SL bells, Kilian ToH from a refill bottle, and from minis into little atomizers

I use a couple of tiered organizers that are expandable to make 3 tiers that run the width of the shelf. I wish they were nicer looking, but they work. I think they are meant to go in pantrys for stacking canned goods. Maybe some day I will make a wooden one to fit - if I do, I will make the steps a bit higher to create more vertical spacing between the tiers.

I have a few other full bottles not shown in the pic - backups, splash bottles I've decanted from, new stuff that I haven't made room for, etc. I keep samples and minis in a dresser drawer.

I use several of those stepped organisers (mine came from Lakeland Limited) to form a perfumers organ to hold all the hundreds of bottles of ingredients I use when blending: the non-slip plastic surface is ideal, and the tiers just the right height. I’m pleased to see I’m not the only one who’s found a perfume-related use for them.
    A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.”
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation I’m happy to quote: if you want free advice, that’s what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

It's smaller than I thought I was sure I had close to 100, but it's around 65 real bottles and then I'd say around 100 or so decants of 8ml or larger plus a lot of samples. I was going to put a moratorium on my purchasing any new stuff late last year, but then work gave us 50% off instead of the typical 40% just before Xmas.. I kinda went crazy and bought all the stuff I had been wanting for awhile, but my one regret is that I didn't smell Cool Water before the sale was over... I can't get over how much I like that oldie...
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

An update of my collection.

Basenotes Member

The JPG collection again... that one never gets old. Gonna get around to taking a photo of my collection today, I'll hopefully have it up shortly.
    Top 10: 1)Le Labo Poivre 23 2)D&G By Man 3)Andy Tauer L' Air du Desert Marocain 4)Kerosene Copper Skies 5)Le Labo Gaiac 10 6)Tom Ford Tuscan Leather 7)By Kilian Sweet Redemption 8)Bond No9 Coney Island 9)Hermessence Poivre Samarcande 10)Bermuda Blue

Basenotes Member

[IMG][/IMG]

Re-started collecting again back in August, and this is what i've gotten since then. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Hopefully the picture shows up.
    Top 10: 1)Le Labo Poivre 23 2)D&G By Man 3)Andy Tauer L' Air du Desert Marocain 4)Kerosene Copper Skies 5)Le Labo Gaiac 10 6)Tom Ford Tuscan Leather 7)By Kilian Sweet Redemption 8)Bond No9 Coney Island 9)Hermessence Poivre Samarcande 10)Bermuda Blue

Basenotes Member

Bigger picture for you

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Great collection andreas! Your place should be in the itinerary when going to Indonesia....
    Lol...I guess the same could be said if I were to go to Shanghai =P

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory88 View Post
    Forgive me for echo-ing everyone else here, but that is simply beautiful, Andreas. Nicely done.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Flaconneur View Post
    I'm glad that I could inspire such a beautiful cabinet. This is much more luxurious than mine
    It was my friend ideas. He is the one who decided to make the cabinet that way...it it were up to me, i would just copy your cabinet design as it is without any change...( maybe the front color but that's it ) hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Andreas.. A newbie? :-)
    I only have 3 post with this, so i'm a newbie aren't i huhuhu.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    That's what I want! (but about a quarter of the size)
    Make it =). By just arranging it nicely, seeing those bottles make you happier, even without spraying the juices.

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    Finally got round to it... I realize this doesn't really show the details, but here's my little decant and sample collection.
    Those samples are arranged nicely. I might have the patient to arrange my bottles, but for my samples, i just dump it in a container.

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    I've always loved seeing those 'stack-able' shelf, it is very nice to look at and it's great to be photographed.

PS: you shouldn't hide those SL Belljar ...i think those bottle are special and it deserve to be seated in the front ehhehe

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    An update of my collection.

Are those bottles filled or empty? coz i cannot imagine finishing all those Le Male in my whole lifetime hahaha

I've always loved seeing those 'stack-able' shelf, it is very nice to look at and it's great to be photographed.

PS: you shouldn't hide those SL Belljar ...i think those bottle are special and it deserve to be seated in the front ehhehe
    Thanks for the kind words, Andreas. My humble little setup works well for the limited space I have, but after seeing your custom cabinet, I am jealous as hell!

You're right about those bells. I stick them in the back because I only pull them out to refill the atomizers I decant into - those are at the front on the right. I think I'll move them up front and put the atomizers next to each one.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Basenotes Member

I guess i'll have to come back and post my pic in a few months when everyone is done drooling over Andreas' stuff...

Molten Gin

Great collections everyone.

Nothing epic here though. My cramped shelf currently houses a mix of bottles, boxes, decants, and samples. It's actually quite messy too- a lot are on top of each other which makes getting some frags out feel like playing Jenga.

P.S. A stop motion film starring perfume bottles would be nice.
    Currently wearing: Red Aoud by Montale

Power Where You Need It

^^^^ solid collection Moltening...love the stop motion

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Wow, moltening. Nice!

Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast