Code of Conduct
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Default Re: Post a Picture of Your Scents - Edition VI

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    That's what I want! (but about a quarter of the size)
    he he...That's what I want too, about a whole wall size!!

Andres, welcome! Glad you stopped de-lurking! So what keeps the bottles on the doors in check when you open the cabinet. My old eyes cannot see if there's a guard of some kind at the front?
    Last edited by knit at nite; 28th January 2012 at 04:34 AM.
    Sync'in and Think'in in 2015!
    Currently wearing: Le De by Givenchy

Here's my unorganized drawer, nothing fancy compared to all the fabulous collections of hedonist, volley, moltening,... just to name a few.

My favorite bottle design, just find it so beautiful I have to take a shot:

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

I keep my perfumes in my drawer of luxurious goods with my watchs and my S&W .38 SPL +P M60-16 revolver.

***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé
    Currently wearing: Bayolea by Penhaligon's

Good stuff Wit. How bout a shot of the watches?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DNT View Post
    Good stuff Wit. How bout a shot of the watches?
    Watchs

and gun

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

to follow
    Last edited by danny1967; 28th January 2012 at 01:51 PM.

what do i do wrong, whenever i insert the link, it doesn't show the pictures, it's just the link, someone help

got it never mind. this is first of three, the ones that are sealed, in box, haven't been used yet. except guerlain vetiver, i forgot to add it to the pic with all the bottles currently in circulation, by the time i've realized the omission, the bottles were already taken away, couldn't be bothered to do it all over again, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    what do i do wrong, whenever i insert the link, it doesn't show the pictures, it's just the link, someone help
    [IMG]whatever the link is[\IMG]

Really nice collection there, Danny1967!

the bottles currently in circulation, starting with the ones at the back being the least favourite

the samples:

and another angle of the sealed ones:

not in the picture, also boxed: tom ford extreme, diptyque tam dao, fm vetiver extraordinaire, etat libre d'orange tom of finland, pg bois blond, pg l'eau guerriere, cdg artek standard and a couple more which i cannot remember.
    Last edited by danny1967; 28th January 2012 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Really nice collection there, Danny1967!
    thank you. i don't keep them out (so to speak), they are usually all tucked away in a dark and cool cupboard, apart from the samples which are stored in the mini fridge in plastic cottage cheese tubs (of course cleaned, lol). the ones in circulation are kept at the back of my wardrobe on various shelves, behind jeans, t-shirts, sweaters, etc. it drives my wife crazy, lol, everytime she wants to clean the wardrobe she has to to ask my permission first (i.e. warn me, lol).

thank you. i don't keep them out (so to speak), they are usually all tucked away in a dark and cool cupboard, apart from the samples which are stored in a the fridge in plastic cottage cheese tubs (of course cleaned, lol). the ones in circulation are kept at the back of my wardrobe on various shelfs, behind jeans, t-shirts, sweaters, etc. it drives my wife crazy, lol, everytime she wants to clean the wardrobe she has to to ask my permission first (i.e. warn me, lol).
    I feel you. I actually keep all of mine in their original boxes and pack them away in a pull out drawer under my bed, which is probably why I haven't taken an updated photo for a while, as it would be troublesome to unpack and then repack them all.

Power Where You Need It

Danny you need to get rid of those Gucci Nobile and the Helmut Lang EDC, I've a few ideas just send them to me and I'll take care of it...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Danny you need to get rid of those Gucci Nobile and the Helmut Lang EDC, I've a few ideas just send them to me and I'll take care of it...
    yes sir, right away, just let me wrap them nicely for you. would you like them gift wrapped?

Power Where You Need It

...would you like them gift wrapped?
    That would be nice!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by moltening View Post
    Great collections everyone.

Nothing epic here though. My cramped shelf currently houses a mix of bottles, boxes, decants, and samples. It's actually quite messy too- a lot are on top of each other which makes getting some frags out feel like playing Jenga.

P.S. A stop motion film starring perfume bottles would be nice.
    Be careful, it can fall off some bottle.
    - A lot of people thinks that they live when the only thing they do is simply exist.

Nothing epic here though. My cramped shelf currently houses a mix of bottles, boxes, decants, and samples. It's actually quite messy too- a lot are on top of each other which makes getting some frags out feel like playing Jenga.

Watch out for the bell jarrrrrrrrrrs!!
    (Pretty neat and awesome collection there, really nice)

Quote Originally Posted by andreas2x View Post
    Hi I'm a Newbie and lurker. I've always wanted to post something in Basenotes, but i just don't know what to write. Anyhow, I love this thread so much that i think my first post should be here =)

After seeing some of the collections here, i decided to have my friend draw me a design of a fragrance cabinet. Aside from that, i also commissioned a carpenter to actually make the cabinet itself.

So Finally, here's the end product (I showed my friend pics of @Jrd4t as well as @flacconeur cabinet to serve as an idea of what kind of design i like)

When opened

Finally here's a newbie collection ( not all of the space are filled but i make it larger anyway in case of future purchases hehehe )

All of the photo are sideway view because if i take it from the front, the mirror will reflect the flash and it's going to be blurry ( the mirror is really annoying....nice to look at, but a bitch to be photographed )

Cheersss
    This is probably one of the nicest cabinets that i've seen here and of course very nice collection there, specially the bell jars.

Quote Originally Posted by CX827 View Post
    Watch out for the bell jarrrrrrrrrrs!!
    (Pretty neat and awesome collection there, really nice)
    damn, have to stop looking at it, it gives me a headache, lol..

Blog Entries

Awesome collection. It seems that you have at least one bottle from any fragrance house I can think of.

It also gives my headache.

Ps. I should not read this thread, it always makes me want to buy my more scents, but my bank accounts do not agree with me.

I want Xerjoff Verona.....huhuhuhu very innovative motion pictures moltening.

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    he he...That's what I want too, about a whole wall size!!

Andres, welcome! Glad you stopped de-lurking! So what keeps the bottles on the doors in check when you open the cabinet. My old eyes cannot see if there's a guard of some kind at the front?
    There actually is a guard made from a clear acrylic on the swing cabinet. But if you swing it slowly, the fragrances do not move anyway. However still it is better to have a cover just in case hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by CX827 View Post
    This is probably one of the nicest cabinets that i've seen here and of course very nice collection there, specially the bell jars.
    Thank you for your kind words. I purposely made the middle part without any partition just to line up those SL bell jars hehehe...

Quote Originally Posted by andreas2x View Post
    Hi I'm a Newbie and lurker. I've always wanted to post something in Basenotes, but i just don't know what to write. Anyhow, I love this thread so much that i think my first post should be here =)

After seeing some of the collections here, i decided to have my friend draw me a design of a fragrance cabinet. Aside from that, i also commissioned a carpenter to actually make the cabinet itself.

So Finally, here's the end product (I showed my friend pics of @Jrd4t as well as @flacconeur cabinet to serve as an idea of what kind of design i like)

When opened

Finally here's a newbie collection ( not all of the space are filled but i make it larger anyway in case of future purchases hehehe )

All of the photo are sideway view because if i take it from the front, the mirror will reflect the flash and it's going to be blurry ( the mirror is really annoying....nice to look at, but a bitch to be photographed )

Cheersss
    absolutely goddamn bitching, pardon my french! what is the tall bottle on the top shelf, right hand side, white & blue label (looks more like a bottle of vodka, lol). love the neatly arranged sl bell jar bottles, fm bottles and the huitieme art ones, damn (once again)!!

absolutely goddamn bitching, pardon my french! what is the tall bottle on the top shelf, right hand side, white & blue label (looks more like a bottle of vodka, lol). love the neatly arranged sl bell jar bottles, fm bottles and the huitieme art ones, damn (once again)!!
    Lol, i love your french =) french with a british accent hehehe !!!!

The one on the top right hand side is Hierbas de Ibiza. It's a very refreshing cologne ( similar to Acqua di Parma ) but this is Spanish made.

you should make a cabinet too..seeing how you arrange your bottles and samples you seems to be an even neater person than me...( well the cabinet helps to make it look nice. Before making the cabinet, i just dump all those bottle in a wooden box.)

the samples:

Just curious: what are the samples in the little round bottles lined up near the back?

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    Here's most of my collection, on a shelf in a closet in the bathroom (it's a big bathroom - the closet is about 15 feet away from the shower). My wife has a few things in here - the Idylle, Shalimars, and most of the stuff at the very left. Decants are at the right - from the SL bells, Kilian ToH from a refill bottle, and from minis into little atomizers

I use a couple of tiered organizers that are expandable to make 3 tiers that run the width of the shelf. I wish they were nicer looking, but they work. I think they are meant to go in pantrys for stacking canned goods. Maybe some day I will make a wooden one to fit - if I do, I will make the steps a bit higher to create more vertical spacing between the tiers.

I have a few other full bottles not shown in the pic - backups, splash bottles I've decanted from, new stuff that I haven't made room for, etc. I keep samples and minis in a dresser drawer.

Like you never wear Shalimar...

I really, really like your collection. I will trust whatever I read from you since you appear to have taste similar to mine!

Quote Originally Posted by jwpianoboe View Post
    Just curious: what are the samples in the little round bottles lined up near the back?
    Dior niche line.

I was hesitant to say either Dior or Le Labo or Tom Ford but the green Granville jus is unmistakable.
    for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    Like you never wear Shalimar...
    I've mentioned it here and there, but it bears repeating: layering one spray of Shalimar parfum with Habit Rouge EDT is amazing. Its like HR l'Extrait but darker and more animalic, and lasts longer. And a lot cheaper. I'm going to have to start buying bigger Shalimar bottles!

I'm going to experimenting with different combos of HR & S in different vintages, concentrations, etc..

But I won't be touching the Idylle any time soon!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast