Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default New fragrance from Christian Dior, La Collection Privée - Coming May 2015

I thought I should share with all my favorite peeps here on Basenotes...

I got a word a few days ago that Christian Dior will be adding a new fragrance to their La Collection Privée line, in the second week of May 2015. The info was given to me over the phone by Dior, so I don't have any official notes written down, just jotted down a few comments from the conversation. The name of the fragrance - that's the most difficult part, lol... the person who I spoke with couldn't pronounce it, so me trying to give you the name will most likely butcher it even more. It sounded like "fauve délicieux" to my ears - but please keep in mind this is my phonetical version of what I was told, I could be (and most likely am) slightly off. Although I have to say I'd love that for a name of a fragrance. ;-)

The nose behind the fragrance is Dior's favorite perfumer, Francois Demachy.

The fragrance is described as "oriental-gourmand harmony", with notes of tonka bean, vanilla, south american root from [name of a] tree, caramel, praline. The overall vibe is that of milky sweet vanilla - with chocolate and smoky Madagascar vanilla.

So there you have it, that's all I know.

Also in May, Dior will be offering a promotion - four of the La Collection Privée bottles will be available in 450ml size. These will include Oud Ispahan, Grand Bal, Gris Montaigne, and Ambre Nuit. The only "catch" is that these will be splash flacons, not spray like their 250ml bottles.

Default Re: New fragrance from Christian Dior, La Collection Privée - Coming May 2015

Looks like another sure blind buy to add to my collection in Spring.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: New fragrance from Christian Dior, La Collection Privée - Coming May 2015

Thanks for the info!

Who knows, feves delicieuses? (feve=bean, as in feve tonka, feve du cacao, etc).

In any case, a sweet gourmand, then; inspired by Korrigan?

450ml, wow! Sadly, not leather oud or any other i'd want to double-up.

cacio

Comfort food. Bonbons as Edmond Roudnitska called them. Easy to make. Easy to sell. Hope it's decent but a great perfumer like Francois Demachy must hate being part of the sugar infestation that started in the mid-90's and gained strength as regulations make it almost impossible to make anything without added sweets to cover up what's missing.

Dior and Francois need to get back to their Leather Oud mode.
    Last edited by pluran; 3rd April 2015 at 10:08 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Hmmm... "Fèves Délicieuses" does sound like a very plausible name for this composition, based on the ingredients, and it sounds very much like what I was told. Phonetically, at least.

Looking forward to trying this one... I'm not much of a sweet/gourmand guy, but I'll definitely give it a try. This line has really surprised me in many ways and made me appreciate things I wouldn't consider previously as my style, or "wearable" (Leather Oud being a perfect example).

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Sounds like more comfort syrup.
    LOL!

Might need this one to test it from the notes Remik gave...As FYI, i used the below on Montale Chocolate Greedy & the machine broke...To me once u cross a line on the sweetness scale, it's not tolerable & while I don't want to put down a fragrance before it's released, this one sounds quite like a sweet, syrupy, vanillaic, praline candy...Pass for me...

Last edited by badarun; 14th February 2015 at 06:21 AM.

Pass

I have had it with Gourmand vanilla fragrances.

Sound Scents

Sounds absolutely awful. A definite pass.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Feve Delicieuse. Dior's take on tonka. I'm more eager for when they release La Colle Noire though.

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Sounds absolutely awful. A definite pass.
    God, yes.

Pass for me too . The Vanilla Gourmand type of fragrances are my least favorite .
    Current top choices:
    1- Portrait of A Lady
    2- 34 st Germaine Boulevard by Diptyque
    3- Bleecker Street by Bond 9
    4- Acqua Di Parma Oud
    5- Clive Christian #1
    6- Coromandel by Chanel
    7- Acqua Di Parmal Colonia Intensa
    8- Guerlain Derby
    9- MFK lumiere Noir
    10- Dans Tes Bras

Central Florida. 44 years old, de-clawed teddy bear who is as comfortable in a tie-dye as an oxford

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    south american root from [name of a] tree
    Hopefully it's Mulungu root! (Erythrina mulungu). It has an earthy cinnamon apple like scent and would compliment the caramel and vanilla notes extremely well.

The bark and roots of this tree are utilized as an anti-anxiety, sedative and muscle relaxer in the amazon.
    It is true that fish stink. It is also true that the river is
    beautiful. But the river would be beautiful despite the fish. What
    is noxious remains so.

That is not to say that sh*t is not useful when buried in the wheat
    field. Bread made from the field tastes sweet, wine from the arbor
    sweetest. All things serve a purpose, but that is no reason to
    glorify what is abominable. A man must still watch where he walks
    and keep his sandals clean.
    c.21 of the Egyptian Book of the Dead, Trans: Normandi Ellis

Always game to give something a try, above all in the hands of Francois Demachy (Dior homme parfum anyone?). I too am not a fan of the genre though. Not a pass for me, but not a blind buy either.

Was drooling until the 'caramel/praline' bit.

I think it'll be nice.

This is the exclusifs Dior line.
    It might not be FBW, but it won't be experimental-bad.
    for swap/sale:

Can't wait to test it or them out as "DIor" always comes out with quality stuff in all levels of their perfumery game, I just hope is to taste buds
    Last edited by magnus611; 14th February 2015 at 04:54 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

fantastic. I've really enjoyed this line. sounds like an instant buy for me.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting Vetiver. Hey if anyone has a partial 125ml of Vetiver PLEASE message me, been looking everywhere.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir - PATCHOULI ABSOLU
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress, Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura, Azure Lime, Champacca Absolute

HARD TO FIND - Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Thanks for the info.

Ooooooo....I would love to see this up in your splits thread when it's officially released.

Quote Originally Posted by superfluousPastry View Post
    Hopefully it's Mulungu root! (Erythrina mulungu). It has an earthy cinnamon apple like scent and would compliment the caramel and vanilla notes extremely well.

The bark and roots of this tree are utilized as an anti-anxiety, sedative and muscle relaxer in the amazon.
    Weird, I actually just tried this out. Talk about a good nights sleep.

Basenotes Plus

Also in May, Dior will be offering a promotion - four of the La Collection Privée bottles will be available in 450ml size. These will include Oud Ispahan, Grand Bal, Gris Montaigne, and Ambre Nuit. The only "catch" is that these will be splash flacons, not spray like their 250ml bottles.
    Perfect for you to split!

Thanks for this info!!!

Sounds great, I love gourmands, looking forward to sniffing this one.

Central Florida. 44 years old, de-clawed teddy bear who is as comfortable in a tie-dye as an oxford

Well in that case, this new fragrance may need to be mandatory daily wear for about half the BN community. <evil grin>
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post
    Weird, I actually just tried this out. Talk about a good nights sleep.
    Yeah, it's some good medicine.
    It is true that fish stink. It is also true that the river is
    beautiful. But the river would be beautiful despite the fish. What
    is noxious remains so.

That is not to say that sh*t is not useful when buried in the wheat
    field. Bread made from the field tastes sweet, wine from the arbor
    sweetest. All things serve a purpose, but that is no reason to
    glorify what is abominable. A man must still watch where he walks
    and keep his sandals clean.
    c.21 of the Egyptian Book of the Dead, Trans: Normandi Ellis

Ill be sure to talk the SA(s) for more info about this the next time I visit the Christian Dior boutique.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Sounds like more comfort syrup. Easy to make. Easy to sell. A great perfumer like Demachy must hate making this kind of stuff.
    Exactly!!!

Unfortunately, it is hard to say "NO" when a big company like Dior knocks the door with big cash.

My suggestion: Malle should hire Mr. Demachy.

Will definitely be testing

450ml splash ons? --- complete turn off for me

The trademark was confirmed on February 5. 2015:

http://www.trademarkia.com/feve-deli...-79155829.html
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    The trademark was confirmed on February 5. 2015:

http://www.trademarkia.com/feve-deli...-79155829.html
    Thanks for the name confirmation.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Feve Delicieuse = Delicious Bean. Not a great name! But gotta' laugh at the name Remik HEARD: Fauve délicieux, which would mean "delicious wildcat" lol. The WWF (World Wildlife Fund) would have been all over Dior .

But about the frag:It SOUNDS way too sugary and sweet for me but I'll wait until I try it to judge.
    Last edited by Detox; 21st February 2015 at 04:48 AM.
    ¤¤ Let's create another Creed thread! ¤¤
    ¤¤ Everytime you talk about batches or reformulations, "God" kills a child. Please think of the children.
    http://www.applepiebrigade.org/wp-co...09/sad-kid.jpg ¤¤

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Feve Delicieuse = Delicious Bean. Not a great name! But gotta' laugh at the name Remik HEARD, Fauve délicieux, which would kind of mean "delicious wildcat" lol. The WWF (World Wildlife Fund) would have been all over Dior .

But about the frag:It SOUNDS way too sugary and sweet for me but I'll wait until I try it to judge.
    LOL! I don't think translations are always successful. I think of Gres Cabochard. Cabochard can be "headstrong and spirited" but also "stubborn."
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    LOL! I don't think translations are always successful. I think of Gres Cabochard. Cabochard can be "headstrong and spirited" but also "stubborn."
    lol Actually it is the meaning of "cabochard", stubborn, but I think it would be a great name (If it didn't sound this bad to me in french. Sounds goofy hahaha) especially for a masculine, no compromise, "I wear what I want" kind of fragrance
    ¤¤ Everytime you talk about batches or reformulations, "God" kills a child. Please think of the children.

Basenotes Plus

Feve Delicieuse = Delicious Bean. Not a great name! But gotta' laugh at the name Remik HEARD: Fauve délicieux, which would mean "delicious wildcat" lol.
    Hey, I was close, sooooo close. ;-)

I originally thought perhaps the name was "Faune Délicieux" which would be an interesting name. Fauve and faune are off by only one letter. A "delicions faun" (or unicorn, or centaur) would be kind of silly-fantastic, and somehow fitting the Dior brand.

Hey, I was close, sooooo close. ;-)

I originally thought perhaps the name was "Faune Délicieux" which would be an interesting name. Fauve and faune are off by only one letter. A "delicions faun" (or unicorn, or centaur) would be kind of silly-fantastic, and somehow fitting the Dior brand.
    lol I agree you were very close buddy! . And I'll take this occasion to ask who is your avatar? (If you know it of course) and to congratulate you on your splits page! It's very well made: "Professional", clear and easy to go through.

nnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccceeeeeee eeeeeeee.......
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir - PATCHOULI ABSOLU
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress, Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura, Azure Lime, Champacca Absolute

HARD TO FIND - Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by NELSON29 View Post
    Thanks for the photo update!

Cool! Can't wait to try it.

I love classy and "simple" bottles such as Encre Noire, TF Private Blend ones or even Amouage and Dior Homme family but I hate Dior Collection Privée's ones! They look like big decant bottles.

Will have to try but would be pretty hard to empty a 250ml bottle of lolly syrup.

I love classy and "simple" bottles such as Encre Noire, TF Private Blend ones or even Amouage and Dior Homme family but I hate Dior Collection Privée's ones! They look like big decant bottles.
    Rather I think you have a thing for square bottles.

Sounds interesting. They were lacking a gourmand in their collection. I just texted my friend who is the Dior manager at Saks to see what he says. Hopefully he's got some minis in early like he did with Cuir Cannage!
    "In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different." - Mademoiselle Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

Basenotes Plus

GREAT NEWS, everyone!!

The release date for Dior's new Feve Delicieuse was supposed to be "2nd or 3rd week of May" - but I just got a call from Dior a few minutes ago and they are shipping my bottle TODAY. I should have it by tomorrow (overnight shipping).

Not sure if this is general release date moved up a few weeks (I forgot to ask), or if I'm "special" (LoL). Either way - really looking forward to giving this one a try.

Wonderful! Maybe Ill stop by the Dior boutique then to check it out.

Just got off the phone with the person at the Dior boutique at the Palazzo (think his name is Gary) Maciel Cofino is no longer there, and my Dior Feve Delicieuse will arrive Monday via UPS with complimentary next day shipping (no delivery on Saturday). He just unpacked them today. 125ml for $210
    Last edited by hednic; 3rd April 2015 at 09:25 PM.

Gary just called me too, I was on the waiting list for a sample. Can't wait to sniff, he said it reminded him of Mitzah. (swoon)

I will contact the boutique in NYC to see if t they have it.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for the info guys. Do they also release the 250 ml size or just the 125ml?

Basenotes Plus

Thanks Remik. In some cases, size does matter!

edit- oops. It does not come across nicely but oh well
    Last edited by CapriDog; 4th April 2015 at 12:15 AM.

Oh my... this sounds wonderful.
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real, unbiased data on fragrance potency! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPindex

Basenotes Plus

I am anxious for someone to report how it smells. Hope it's not too sweet as the caramel note worries me a bit.

Me too! The dior privee take on gourmand.

Being a newbie to the fragrance hobby, do these Dior Private Blends go bad after a few years or will they maintain a long shelf life as long as they are stored in a dark and slightly cold wine cellar?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    Being a newbie to the fragrance hobby, do these Dior Private Blends go bad after a few years or will they maintain a long shelf life as long as they are stored in a dark and slightly cold wine cellar?
    If kept well away from direct light sources and heat, they should keep well for a long time.

Received my Dior Feve Delicieuse 125 ml EDP moments ago and just sprayed it on the back of my hand. It smells wonderful! A nice nutty cocoa and caramel with just the right amount of not too sweet vanilla. Will be giving this a full wearing later on today. Very excited and pleased!

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Received my Dior Feve Delicieuse 125 ml EDP moments ago and just sprayed it on the back of my hand. It smells wonderful! A nice nutty cocoa and caramel with just the right amount of not too sweet vanilla. Will be giving this a full wearing later on today. Very excited and pleased!
    Can u please rate the sweetness index of this one from say 1 to Montale Chocolate Greedy???

Basenotes Plus

OK, I've had it on my arm for a few hours now. It's definitely not sweet, not like A*Men sweet, or Tobacco Vanille, or Herod... It's more like dry cocoa and dry, almost smoky Madagascar vanilla bean, ground to a powder and misted through the air. It's gourmand-ish, but not exactly "edible" category, to me anyway. I'm not a big fan of (most) gourmands to begin with, but this one is definitely not in that same boat as one would expect. It's got wonderful nutty aroma, mixed with praline and caramel (very light, not sickly sweet kind), and that sort of bitter, dry chocolate powder, sort of like the hot chocolate mix that you haven't mixed with milk or water yet. So have no worries, it's not sugary, syrupy concoction like some have feared. No need to check your blood sugar levels, lol.

I think this sort of reminds me of Idole de Lubin, with a somewhat dry, almost boozy, ebony wood + saffron effect, but here this vibe is achieved with dry cocoa and smoky vanilla as the two key ingredients.

All in all - beautiful, if I may say so... and as I mentioned before, I'm not big on gourmands, so I hope this is saying something. Oh, someone asked me off-list - I don't think this one has a 'gender' - it's perfectly unisex, with a slight nod to the masculine side, I'd say. Definitely not flowery/girly/sweet concoction that some guys try to stay away from. It's coming off as crazy unique, or at least I haven't explored this side of the semi-gourmand territory. Very well done, Monsieur Demachy!