Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Default Re: Post a Picture of Your Scents - Edition VI

In bell jar media, yes.
    I have tuberose criminelle in 50ml limited export bottle too.

for swap/sale:

Nice plastered finishing on the wall Hedonist...oh and nice bottles too

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    In bell jar media, yes.
    I have tuberose criminelle in 50ml limited export bottle too.
    How does it compare to the bell jar? I just ordered an export bottle, but have yet to smell it.

All those serge lutens are making my fingers itchy to add to my collection. He should at least make them available in 50ml to order from Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Nice plastered finishing on the wall Hedonist...oh and nice bottles too
    ummm thanks lol

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    How does it compare to the bell jar? I just ordered an export bottle, but have yet to smell it.
    Ditto copy! Nothing to fear.

for swap/sale:

I just got back from an amazing two week European trip. I spent three days on a Paris fragrance journey and a day in London doing the same.

Here is what I bought while I was on the trip:

So here is an updated picture of my collection (both fragrances and Swatches):

Focussed on the top shelf:

Focussed on the bottom shelf:
    Last edited by djron91; 1st November 2011 at 10:45 PM.

Nice collection DjRon! and very well displayed too
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

lol@swatches

do they still make those? they were the shit back in the day!

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

What an incredibly nice wardrobe, djron.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    lol@swatches
    Swatch is a watch made in Switzerland (Swiss-watch /Sw-atch / swatch)...what about if they made it in Croatia? It whould have been called Crotch?

- what time is it?
    - wait, let me have a look at my crotch.
    Last edited by alfarom; 2nd November 2011 at 05:53 PM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

lol

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Swatch is a watch made in Switzerland (Swiss-watch /S-watch / swatch)...what about if they made it in Croatia? It whould have been called Crotch?

- what time is it?
    - wait, let me have a look at my crotch.
    And imagine if someone said "wow good luck" at the same time LOL

for swap/sale:

And imagine if someone said "wow good luck" at the same time LOL
    Italian style

Long overdue but here at last are a few photos of my fragrance collection. I found this cabinet to be a great solution to the problem of storing and displaying fragrances.

The cabinet is actually three sections purchased from Ikea's bath department. They come either 24" or 16" wide and they are 38" tall. I started off with the wide center section and added the narrow 16" sections as my collection grew. The only fragrances I do not store here are flacons, which I keep in a controlled environment. The great thing about these cabinets is the modular nature which makes it easy to expand. The interior depth is just over 4" so, you can also display your boxes with your fragrances. I'm finding that the boxes are being pushed out in order to get more shelf space but I do like the visual properties the boxes offer. I have enough space to add the same arrangement you see here below the existing cabinet, which would double my storage. I don't find myself going there just yet and would like to keep this collection in check. The cost of this arrangement was about $225.

The cabinets come standard with just white melamine back panels but I attached a plush royal blue velvet to the back panels with spray mount (doesn't really show up in the photos). It was very easy and completely transformed the cabinet. I also felt that it was a great way of cut down on the reflective nature of a white surface and make the inside of the cabinet darker.

Here's where I could use some help. I would like to apply hardware to the outside of the cabinet to give it interests or perhaps a design. Something large and perhaps graphic in nature would be nice. This is on one wall in my master bedroom which is very Ralph Laurenesque in design style. I love old thing. I know what you're saying at this point, Flaconneur, glossy white isn't old or antique. The white cabinet fits the room because of a few old large blue and white Chinese pottery pieces I have as well as white trim and raised panel doors. I chose the white so it would blend in more than compete with the architectural details.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

- Expect the unexpected

Quote Originally Posted by Flaconneur View Post
    Long overdue but here at last are a few photos of my fragrance collection. I found this cabinet to be a great solution to the problem of storing and displaying fragrances.

The cabinet is actually three sections purchased from Ikea's bath department. They come either 24" or 16" wide and they are 38" tall. I started off with the wide center section and added the narrow 16" sections as my collection grew. The only fragrances I do not store here are flacons, which I keep in a controlled environment. The great thing about these cabinets is the modular nature which makes it easy to expand. The interior depth is just over 4" so, you can also display your boxes with your fragrances. I'm finding that the boxes are being pushed out in order to get more shelf space but I do like the visual properties the boxes offer. I have enough space to add the same arrangement you see here below the existing cabinet, which would double my storage. I don't find myself going there just yet and would like to keep this collection in check. The cost of this arrangement was about $225.

The cabinets come standard with just white melamine back panels but I attached a plush royal blue velvet to the back panels with spray mount (doesn't really show up in the photos). It was very easy and completely transformed the cabinet. I also felt that it was a great way of cut down on the reflective nature of a white surface and make the inside of the cabinet darker.

Here's where I could use some help. I would like to apply hardware to the outside of the cabinet to give it interests or perhaps a design. Something large and perhaps graphic in nature would be nice. This is on one wall in my master bedroom which is very Ralph Laurenesque in design style. I love old thing. I know what you're saying at this point, Flaconneur, glossy white isn't old or antique. The white cabinet fits the room because of a few old large blue and white Chinese pottery pieces I have as well as white trim and raised panel doors. I chose the white so it would blend in more than compete with the architectural details.

WOW. that is sick!

^^ Wicked cabinet man, I love the clean look.

A little update of whats new in my cabinet

Fantastic solution, Flaconneur!

At the moment I'm thinking about getting a dedicated sideboard for my fragrances. Probably one of these:

Quick and dirty photo. Part of my collection is at my in laws place. This is most of it though.

for swap/sale:

Great collection Hedonist...I see Ambra Mediterranea in the very back

Sharp eye Alfarom
    Thanks

for swap/sale:

Nice pics Hedonist!!

I like the way that wonderwood pose

(ps. Im in gmail chat now)
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garons man 2

Wonderful, Flaconeur !! I love the look with the boxes behind the bottles. Very nice!

Beautiful cabinet Flaconneur. I would kept it clean and plain as it is now. Impressive being minimalist.
    Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    Nice pics Hedonist!!

I like the way that wonderwood pose

(ps. Im in gmail chat now)
    Thanks blackened.
    I went to bed early last night .

for swap/sale:

I'm running out of room fast, I already gave away 3 bottles to friends and family this week trying to free up some space.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

Update to the collection:

"I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Great collection!!!! I'm speechless.....

At Hermes boutique.

for swap/sale:

At Hermes boutique.

great shot, no doubt!

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garons man 2

My Creed collection so far. Not sure what else I want from them. Maybe Original Vetiver.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Thanks Aberto.

for swap/sale:

At Hermes boutique.

Those bottles lined up....there is just something beautiful about them. The colors contribute, no doubt.
    What did you think about the santal, hedonist?

Magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Those bottles lined up....there is just something beautiful about them. The colors contribute, no doubt.
    What did you think about the santal, hedonist?
    They do look so surreal.

I liked it a lot. It is not heavy or predominantly sandalwood. Very creamy. Reminded me very much of Santal 33 by Le Labo.

for swap/sale:

Jeesh, some of you so organized....

I would leave it as is. I think the plain white minimalist exterior provides the perfect contrast to everything inside. I feel that adding anything to the exterior would be too much and would take away from the treasures inside.

Fabulous display!

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    I would leave it as is. I think the plain white minimalist exterior provides the perfect contrast to everything inside. I feel that adding anything to the exterior would be too much and would take away from the treasures inside.

Fabulous display!
    Thanks KMF. The cabinet remains unadorned and you're right, it is a nice minimalistic contrast to the interior.
    - Expect the unexpected

amateur collection!

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano View Post
    amateur collection!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Nice collection indeed!
    where did you get that Bond , Mariano?

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garons man 2

amateur collection!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Looking good so far, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    Nice collection indeed!
    where did you get that Bond , Mariano?
    Thank's Alberto!!
    I got in a promotion of Fragrancenet last February I guess...they were selling these and many others for US$ 75 (tester)
    Once in a lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Looking good so far, dude.
    Thank's dude!

amateur collection!

[IMG][/IMG]
    looks pretty solid

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    looks pretty solid
    Thank's Postumo!

Mariano, I hope you don't mind this question... but i can see a piece of paper of something that says "Coromandel - Chanel" is that a sample or something?

Mariano, I hope you don't mind this question... but i can see a piece of paper of something that says "Coromandel - Chanel" is that a sample or something?
    Postumo! not at all!! It's just the paper that I got in the new store of Chanel here in Buenos Aires! I been trying some of them there!

Postumo! not at all!! It's just the paper that I got in the new store of Chanel here in Buenos Aires! I been trying some of them there!
    mmmm i'm seriously thinking about purchasing some Coromandel, these crazy basenoters always tempt me with their descriptions, their sexy reviews and their fine purchases

mmmm i'm seriously thinking about purchasing some Coromandel, these crazy basenoters always tempt me with their descriptions, their sexy reviews and their fine purchases
    I think Coromandel would be a great purchase! very nice!

My A*Men collection is complete

Here's the ranking IMHO:

1. Pure Malt (The boozy top notes are incredible)
    2. Pure Havane (Very close tie with Pure Malt)
    3. A*Men (Longest lasting by far and it's growing on me more every time I wear it)
    4. Pure Coffee (Smells just like A*Men without the tar note but not near as strong)
    5. Taste of Fragrance (The most unique of the line and doesn't smell like A*Men at all)

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Thats a cool pic Mesa

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    Thats a cool pic Mesa
    Thanks!

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I'm running out of room fast, I already gave away 3 bottles to friends and family this week trying to free up some space.

Looks great! Like a five star liquor cabinet for perfumers. What kind of storage cabinet is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    Looks great! Like a five star liquor cabinet for perfumers. What kind of storage cabinet is that?
    it is a liquor/wine/beverage cabinet, I just removed one shelf and all the bottle holders.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

Update on my humble collection
    Kind of hard to see, buttttt

Back row :
    Diesel fuel for life(yuck), l'eau d'issey, Dior homme vintage, Chanel Egoiste, dsquared he wood rocky mountain,

2nd row :
    Annayake Undo, Black xs, La nuit de l'homme, avon tomorow for him,

3rd row :
    L'instant de guerlain extreme, a*men, Midnight in paris, rochas man INTENSE
    and a lonely DHI(vintage) up front,

2 niche one's on the right : Chergui and Ambre sultan

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post

Some of my collection, which you'll notice is in a dark drawer, and which contains only one designer brand because if it's under $100/bottle I don't buy it.
    I thought I was the only one!!

Beautiful collection everyone. I still got a long ways to get to like some of you here. Here is what I got so far.

This is a cop out, I know. I opened a few boxes and realised I don't have the patience, photographic skills or the space to do this justice so figured I could at least shoot for a Top Ten of sorts . . . one day, though

New York, Granville, L'Heure Fougueuse, Sous le Vent, Cologne du Parfumeur, Patou Pour Homme, Tiffany for Men, Santal Noble, Derby, Santal Mysore

Lovely collection Mr. Reasonable.

The perfumes in the top image look like the terracotta warriors lol.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    at first glance I thought they were chocolates

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

at first glance I thought they were chocolates
    No, the edible stuff is stored elsewhere . . .