Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Amen Theirry Mugler

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    Loved A*Men from first sniff.
    Same here.

An interesting scent. If sprayed lightly it becomes quite pleasant after a couple of hours. The peculiar top notes will always make this a frag that I'm only in the mood for every now and then.

Default Re: Does anyone know where to buy AMEN Pure Malt and AMEN Pure Havane online?

Both can be found on eBay if you're willing to pay a ridiculous price. I'm guessing eventually the nazis at Mugler will do an official re-release of pure malt instead of some bs 24hr web sale. There is just too much $ to be made.

Hated it at first sniff. Still hated it a month later. Recently tried it again . . . and hated it. But that's the wonderful thing about fragrances, there are plenty who love it (and can't stand Dior Homme Intense, my current obsession).
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

I always liked it. But I find it just too strong to wear in public. I find Bmen a more wearable alternative.

Love A*Men.

Default Re: Does anyone know where to buy AMEN Pure Malt and AMEN Pure Havane online?

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    The re-release was actually held in late August not September. They posted the exact date for the re-release on their Twitter Account. It was only available on their boutique site for several hours though.

Neiman Marcus online site still sells Pure Havane.
    I can't find it on the Neiman Marcus website. Do you have the link?

Quote Originally Posted by bigcream3133 View Post
    I read somewhere that AMEN Pure Malt was supposed to be re-issued, and available on the Mugler website sometime in September?

Plus, I'm pretty sure you can purchase AMEN Pure Havane at Nordstrom or Sephora?
    Read through this then come back w any questions you might have.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/240623-Pure-Malt

Basenotes Institution N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar

I can't find it on the Neiman Marcus website. Do you have the link?
    http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...744cat10470747

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Read through this then come back w any questions you might have.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/240623-Pure-Malt
    Every question you have is answered in this thread - 30 or 50 times.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 11th September 2011 at 04:41 AM.

Wink Re: Amen Theirry Mugler

I find A*Men to be amazing! It can be strong at first, however, I don't think it to be too offensive or overly loud (**when worn appropriately). Many people claim to not be able to endure the opening. I don't understand what it is that is turning them off, because I find it to be a clean soapy (though-be-it strong) smell - at the opening/top, that is. Just an awesome fragrance. Many other designer labels can definitely take a page out Thierry Muglers book. Longevity: unmatched! Projection/Sillage: perfect!** Scent: great! This was truly a ground-breaker, and is still the standard to which many designer fragrances are held.

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    there are plenty who love it (and can't stand Dior Homme Intense, my current obsession).
    I adore both .
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I think it depends a lot on what your initial reaction was. For instance, I read a lot of reviews on the board and before I try a fragrance, I will have many times have read dozens of overwhelmingly positive reviews for it and I expect to be blown away, but a lot of the time the fragrance will be great but not as great as I expected from reading all the reviews. Usually then the second and third time I try it, I'll try it on it's own merits and not have as high expectations and actually enjoy it considerably more than I did the first try. I think as long as you didn't completely hate A*Men, you maybe just weren't blown away by it or believing it lived up to the hype, you can come around to like it but I don't know too many people on the boards that have done the complete 180.

I'm hoping I time it just right so when I empty my Animale Animale bottle, Mugler just releases the new Jalapeno A*Men, or Pure Butterscotch A*Men, or Dark Chocolate covered Pomegranate Seeds A*Men, or whatever wild and wacky thing he comes up with, so I can upgrade substantially.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    I'm hoping I time it just right so when I empty my Animale Animale bottle, Mugler just releases the new Jalapeno A*Men, or Pure Butterscotch A*Men, or Dark Chocolate covered Pomegranate Seeds A*Men, or whatever wild and wacky thing he comes up with, so I can upgrade substantially.
    woooooooooooow .... I want that one
    I was just thinking of the same idea 2 hours ago because pure havane gives something a little bit similar to this smell
    Top 10 :
    1-Strictly Private Baldessarini
    2-Pure Havane
    3-Midnight in Paris
    4-Amber Sultan -- Chergui
    5-Dunhill Desire -- Aigner Black
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    6-Seduction in Black -- La nuit de L'homme
    7-Angel Schlesser oriental edition II -- J.del Puzo Arabian Nights
    8-Versace PH -- Versace The Dreamer
    9-Mont Blanc Individuele -- Mont Blanc Legend
    10-Dirty English -- CK Shock -- CH men

I liked it and still like it. But after I got married, well - I sort of couldn't find any particular use or occasion for it.

Curiously, my 16 year old nephew who now has over 50 scents (including a Creed) absolutely hates A*men. I had to wash the test spray off his arm with abrasive soap, so much did he detest it.
    Regards,
    Renato

Banned

Wasn't sure about this one at first but it's my SOTD!

Thanks everyone. I was able to get the last 4 bottles available of Pure Havane at the Ambassador Bridge Duty Free store in Windsor, Ontario Canada (detroit border crossing --canada side) for $68 canadian per bottle TAX FREE, plus they gave me their tester bottle for free, whic hwas 75% full (since i bought them out and they no longer need the tester).

i thought that was a good deal. they might still have some at the windsor/detroit tunnel - canada side.

Thanks everyone. I was able to get the last 4 bottles available of Pure Havane at the Ambassador Bridge Duty Free store in Windsor, Ontario Canada (detroit border crossing --canada side) for $68 canadian per bottle TAX FREE, plus they gave me their tester bottle for free, whic hwas 75% full (since i bought them out and they no longer need the tester).

i thought that was a good deal. they might still have some at the windsor/detroit tunnel - canada side.
    My goodness.

My mom said I "smelled like a girl" while I was wearing Pure Havane. I think that was a rather mean thing to say.

Perhaps 37 is too old to wear this?

good hustling -- I do this all the time at my local, infact I did the exact same thing -- Bought 3 bottles of Pure Havane and got given a 99% tester (I bought their whole stock, 3 bottles, out the day it arrived) along with an m7 fresh tester 95% and 70% ricci ricci bottle for a girl i was with. Smooth talking SA's into giving out testers seems to make every purchase that I make not online ridiculously worth it.

My mom said I "smelled like a girl" while I was wearing Pure Havane. I think that was a rather mean thing to say.

Perhaps 37 is too old to wear this?
    Well, from what I see of some of your previous post queries, it's a more "mature" scent that many you've asked about. It's not a manly man macho scent, but I wouldn't consider it feminine. I'm presuming you're from the Detroit area. I was born and raised there and they may have little tolerance for scents like Mugler's offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by SoleRoc View Post
    I find A*Men to be amazing! It can be strong at first, however, I don't think it to be too offensive or overly loud (**when worn appropriately). Many people claim to not be able to endure the opening. I don't understand what it is that is turning them off, because I find it to be a clean soapy (though-be-it strong) smell - at the opening/top, that is. Just an awesome fragrance. Many other designer labels can definitely take a page out Thierry Muglers book. Longevity: unmatched! Projection/Sillage: perfect!** Scent: great! This was truly a ground-breaker, and is still the standard to which many designer fragrances are held.
    Thank you SoleRoc. So glad you joined this forum to give us your expert opinion. We'll see if you stick around. Right now, you sound like a "plant." It could well be you're just an enthusiastic fan of A*Men. Time will tell.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 12th September 2011 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoleRoc View Post
    Nah, its not that good. Its just an okay smell. It reminds me of my elementry school Christmas pagents. Parents and teachers would bring us kids treats to eat that night...etc.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Aramis New West, Alain Delon Iquitos, Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Oxford & Cambridge, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Well, from what I see of some of your previous post queries, it's a more "mature" scent that many you've asked about. It's not a manly man macho scent, but I wouldn't consider it feminine. I'm presuming you're from the Detroit area. I was born and raised there and they may have little tolerance for scents like Mugler's offerings.
    lol @ the idea of A*Men combined with Detroit. I guess plans to build the next Mugler Boutique on 8 mile have been put on hold

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney_Falco View Post
    lol @ the idea of A*Men combined with Detroit. I guess plans to build the next Mugler Boutique on 8 mile have been put on hold
    Are you a Detroit homey, Sidney?

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Are you a Detroit homey, Sidney?
    Boston transplant, but I'm rooting for your Lions this year, they looked very good today. My friend stupidly bet against them, I guess it's true what they say about a fool and his money

I bought a 1 OZ spray of Amen today. I was spurred on by sniffing the nozzle of the Jordache imposter version at the Dollar Tree last week. It reminded me of how much I used to like Amen. The imposter is very similar! 'Natch, that would not satisfy me.

The key for me is to limit it to 1 or 2 sprays. Anymore and it makes me sick.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed