Code of Conduct

Question Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica

I am interested in giving Lavanda Tonica a try in the coming weeks and was wondering how it compared to other lavender scents like Caron PUH, Atkinsons, Yardley, etc.

Is LT discontinued? It seems everyone is out of stock

Default Re: Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica

It opens with a strong Lavender note and progresses into a slightly floral yet masculine base. Definitely "feels" like an AdP Italian fragrance.

Sur la Plage

I think it is nice. I don't find it to be as an "in your face lavender" like Caron PUH.

I am sure some people will say they don't like it because it is not French.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

I haven't spent enough time getting to know this scent. Mostly because of the price. If it were more affordable I think more people (including me) would talk about it more. I mean c'mon...lavender is not that expensive.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I haven't spent enough time getting to know this scent. Mostly because of the price. If it were more affordable I think more people (including me) would talk about it more. I mean c'mon...lavender is not that expensive.
    True--even high grade lavender oils aren't as expensive as say neroli or rose, but Acqua di Parma products are all expensive.

Caron PUH is leagues above Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica IMO.

Is Lavanda Tonica discontinued? It's not listed on Acqua di Parma's website anymore.

I do like this for sure.....I'm not sure if this is discontinued!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    I am interested in giving Lavanda Tonica a try in the coming weeks and was wondering how it compared to other lavender scents like Caron PUH, Atkinsons, Yardley, etc.
    It doesn't remind me of Caron PH. It is the same style as Atkinson's and Yardleys, but is more masculine than them to my nose and to the noses of several women I've had sniff it and give their opinion.

I have two bottles of it.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    It doesn't remind me of Caron PH. It is the same style as Atkinson's and Yardleys, but is more masculine than them to my nose and to the noses of several women I've had sniff it and give their opinion.

I have two bottles of it.
    Renato
    Beat me to it. When I sampled this I thought is smelled almost exactly like Yardleys' English Lavender hand soap. It comes across as a very realistic representation of lavender, almost as if you took a handful of fresh buds and rubbed them on your skin. It is a very pleasant smell, and, one that I would like to revisit.

Sounds good. I've got a sample on the way

Basenotes Institution

Wearing this for the first time - wow, it's fleeting. Very sharp and well...a bit starchy (if that makes sense). Maybe my skin was dry but this seems very light (for the price).

bokaba, I'm interested in hearing what you thought of this.

-- Jack Kerouac

Wearing this for the first time - wow, it's fleeting. Very sharp and well...a bit starchy (if that makes sense). Maybe my skin was dry but this seems very light (for the price).

bokaba, I'm interested in hearing what you thought of this.
    Hi Mike,

I've not given it a full wearing so far, but from what I remember the lavender blast was okay, but not great. I agree it is very fleeting and has a woody/musk base like AdP's later scents like Assoluta. The starch may be attributed to perhaps something like orris root here, but I'm not sure as I've never seen a note construction for it. Though parfyym.pri.ee gives orange, lemon, bergamot, "alpine" lavender, petitgrain, rose, jasmine, amber, coumarin. I must say that I smell very few of these notes. Lavanda Tonica isn't bad, but there are a lot of better choices. I'd certainly give Puig's Agua Lavanda, which comes in 25 oz jugs a try first for a better take on Mediterranean lavender. Puig only lasts a few minutes though because it's an EdC with a good amount of natural ingredients.

It has a clearer lavender note than PuH, uncluttered by amber/vanilla. I did like the fleeting florals in the middle. It is a good tonic to splash on...refreshing, enjoyable, like a lavender EDC.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    It has a clearer lavender note than PuH, uncluttered by amber/vanilla. I did like the fleeting florals in the middle. It is a good tonic to splash on...refreshing, enjoyable, like a lavender EDC.
    In agreement here. Rather expensive for a splash tonic really. I prefer something along the lines of Atkinsons English Lavender or Agua Lavanda for this purpose.

Basenotes Institution

Well I gave it a full wearing this morning and WOW what a difference, I really like it. It wears incredibly close, which I am okay with, but it's very clear, non-medicinal lavender devoid of any sweetness and yet in the middle and base notes it hints at a very discernible spicy aromatic accord. I was reading the reviews in the Directory and I think it was Bigsly that mentioned the base notes remind him of Comme des Garcons EdP and by golly I think he hit the nail on the head. This is a very toned down spicy base, but as I said I could clearly catch whiffs of it.

I will wear it a couple more times before I make a decision, but I could easily see a full bottle of this in my future.

-- Jack Kerouac

I think I'll wear it again, possibly tomorrow and see how it develops.

Yes, I agree that once the top notes (lots of lavender) largely burn off, you get a subtle version of the original Comme des Garcons perfume.

I wore this briefly this evening and found I do indeed like it. It is perhaps a more luxurious version of Atkinsons English Lavender. The first time I tried it I had difficulty picking up on the different elements because they are tightly woven and I was in a hurry. I like it quite a bit really. The spicy heart is a nice touch. I've not tried CdG EdP though.

Well I gave it a full wearing this morning and WOW what a difference, I really like it. It wears incredibly close, which I am okay with, but it's very clear, non-medicinal lavender devoid of any sweetness and yet in the middle and base notes it hints at a very discernible spicy aromatic accord. I was reading the reviews in the Directory and I think it was Bigsly that mentioned the base notes remind him of Comme des Garcons EdP and by golly I think he hit the nail on the head. This is a very toned down spicy base, but as I said I could clearly catch whiffs of it.

I will wear it a couple more times before I make a decision, but I could easily see a full bottle of this in my future.
    Oddly enough, the first time I wore it I wasn't that impressed. But, like you, it grew on me in subsequent wearings.

I get about four or five hours out of it, under clothes. How does it last on you?
    Regards,
    Renato

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Oddly enough, the first time I wore it I wasn't that impressed. But, like you, it grew on me in subsequent wearings.

I get about four or five hours out of it, under clothes. How does it last on you?
    Regards,
    Renato
    Well, I really doused it on yesterday so it lasted all the way until I applied my 2nd SOTD (which was Sous le Vent by Guerlain) - probably 6 hours.

-- Jack Kerouac