Code of Conduct

Question Love Encre Noire, Like 2 Man & Fat Electrician - Help me find something new and interesting

Hello board members,

I'd appreciate your help in finding myself some new and and interesting fragrance. As stated in the topic, I love the scent of Encre Noire by Lalique. The second best in my modest collection are 2 Man and Wonderwood by CdG. I also like Fat Electrician by Etat Libre d'Orange, although anything sweeter I could not stand.

I'd very much like to hear some recommendations on what to buy based on my likings (I also already own Vetiver by Guerlain). Please don't recommend Sycomore as it seems to be out of my price range. Also, CdG's Vettiveru is interesting but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Love Encre Noire, Like 2 Man & Fat Electrician - Help me find something new and interesting

It would make sense that you would like wonderwood, there is an underlying vetiver note in it.

There are very many threads on types of vetiver perfumes and a few threads with summaries of each vetiver perfume.

Do you like woody vetivers, citric vetivers or predominant vetivers? Then we could suggest perfumes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Love Encre Noire, Like 2 Man & Fat Electrician - Help me find something new and interesting

I don't know where you live, but if you have access to a Lush store, you can check Breath of God. It's a weird, very dry and smoky vetiver, and quite cheap too. It comes in a 30 ml bottle ($40) or a stick ($9) - though the stick really works well only when it's very warm or you are in the gym.

If you are willing to move out of vetivers, and since you seem to have access to Etat Libre d'Orange, you can try Jasmin et cigarette, jasmine + smoke, or Rien, extremely bitter leather.

cacio

Granville

Post Thanks / Like

@ kissakala,

I hope you've kept an eye on these two current threads:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/275...-spring-summer...

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/275...erence-vetiver