Code of Conduct

Default L'Air Du Desert Marocain

Gave it its first full wearing today.

I may have a new favorite! This stuff is amazing. The way it develops over the course of the day (this is really, really one of the best aspects of it), the ever-present though never-intrusive sillage, the serene calm it projects....

Excellent longevity, I'm going on 9 hours now and it's still quite present.

And it's a very unique fragrance as well, at least from my experience. And I'm thinking it's mult-seasonal as well.

A truly top-shelf scent.

Nice.

Default Re: L'Air Du Desert Marocain

Yes it is a true masterpiece in its genre.

Chergui meets Musc Ravageur....enough said.

Basenotes Plus

It is an absolutely beautiful fragrance. Unfortunately for me I am severely allergic to something in it and cannot wear it despite owning a bottle
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Sorry to hear that Candy - are you willing to sell it?

It is one of my "holy grail" scents for sure - a true masterpiece. Plus Andy Tauer responds to your emails personally; he even told me where to find it in the US, and strongly suggested I sample it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Perfume Boy View Post
    It is an absolutely beautiful fragrance. Unfortunately for me I am severely allergic to something in it and cannot wear it despite owning a bottle
    Oh man, that's too bad. Sorry to hear you're allergic to it!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Perfume Boy View Post
    It is an absolutely beautiful fragrance. (
    It absolutely is.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by baudilus View Post
    Sorry to hear that Candy - are you willing to sell it?

It is one of my "holy grail" scents for sure - a true masterpiece. Plus Andy Tauer responds to your emails personally; he even told me where to find it in the US, and strongly suggested I sample it first.

Yup. I'm thinking 'holy grail' too....Tauer seems pretty involved in things, my bottle came with a hand-signed note. It was a nice touch.

This is a very good "reference fragrance." The ingredients are good quality, the composition is a crowd pleaser (at least to the BN crowd), and it's technically competent. However, for me, there is a lack of complexity that I find in similar vintage frags ("oriental"), and because of that, it can get both harsh and boring pretty quickly. I need to be "invited" into a frag, whereas others like that "cold slap in the face" quality. This seems to be a major dividing line amongst us aficionados.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 15th April 2011 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    It absolutely is.
    Absolutely.

It is on my list of "need to have".
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

It is an amazing juice indeed!

Buysblind, "ever-pesent sillage" is absolutely right! When I had sampled this and gave it full wearings, it stayed with me all day, constantly getting wafts of it throughout the day. It was always an enjoyable experience wearing it...

I'll spring for it eventually. . . widespread BN raves are almost always right. . . haven't let me down yet. . .

It's fantastic.

I got a sample from Luckyscent -seems similar to Bulgari Black ,very nice .I just haven't decided whether to buy a bottle for myself or for my Dad (Hmm ....Father's Day is in June...Dad's almost out of Black though).

A great scent. Worthy of all the praise it gets here.

I love it, too! Chapeau, Herr Tauer!

Blog Entries

I too think L'Air Du Desert Marocain is deserving of praise and a place in my wardrobe.

this among the very few frags (and I have have LOADS of them) that has gotten compliments from women.. I kid not. Now, I don't own a bottle, but bought a small sample from perfumed court.. it smells of sand.. and incense.. lots going on.

Quote Originally Posted by blah114 View Post
    this among the very few frags (and I have have LOADS of them) that has gotten compliments from women.. I kid not. Now, I don't own a bottle, but bought a small sample from perfumed court.. it smells of sand.. and incense.. lots going on.

Initially two things came to my mind when I smelled it...First, it reminded me of a wooden boardwalk along a beach that's been set out in the hot sun for most of the day...secondly, I imagined an antique furniture store that was plopped in the middle of the desert and your inside of it, around 5 in the afternoon with the windows and door open...lemon polish, wood, heat and an outdoorsy desert breeze...

and finally the ambergris drydown brings in that mellow sweetness.

Kind of wish I had it on now!

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    ...I'm thinking it's mult-seasonal as well.

Nice.
    same for Lonestar Memories !
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

I absolutely hate this stuff. It's way too bombastic and gooey and obtrusive. Gave me a headache. And not my idea of masculine elegance at all.

Luis, I disagree! I wish I could get my husband to wear it. It's dead sexy! I love it on myself as a comforting scent, but on him... Wow.
    My Top 10*:
    1. Bois des Iles (Chanel)
    2. Ubar (Amouage)
    3. Pandora (DSH)
    4. Miss Dior - vintage (Dior)
    5. Jolie Madame (Balmain)
    6. Jicky (Guerlain)
    7. Gold Woman (Amouage)
    8. Mata Hari (DSH)
    9. L'Air du Desert Moracain (Tauer)
    10. Medici - Italian Splendor: Florence (DSH)
    *in no particular order because it's too hard!

It is very good but I do find the combination of both eternal persistence and huge sillage to be too much for a masculine.
    "Dont try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

The first time I smelled this I marveled at how it really smelled like hot air at the opening. I'm glad I smelled it, and will probably sample it again some time, but it just isn't for me.

One strange thing... I'm pretty relaxed about gender when it comes to scent, but something in the dry down of L'Air du Desert Marocain smells like man to me. I think I'd like it on someone else even if not on myself.

I really love this scent..I'm considering getting a bottle soon, but my wife says it's too "mature" for me. I guess I'll just wear it when she's not around...

Quote Originally Posted by kasae View Post
    I'm glad I smelled it, and will probably sample it again some time, but it just isn't for me.
    I feel the same.

Dependent

It is truly one of the best incense/ambers that the fragrance world has to offer... meaty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    It is very good but I do find the combination of both eternal persistence and huge sillage to be too much for a masculine.
    Agree - I love it but after a while it just gets a bit relentless.

I respectfully disagree I really do not like it. I find it very demanding to wear, the sillage is way too potent and intrusive (even with a very light hand) and all in all i don't find it interesting. It does not have the sophistication of Chergui, nor the boldness of other incense fragrances. I'm not an expert by any extent, but I don't find it well blended. I find incense way too heavy: it does not leave space to the amber dry down to project properly. Plus, the middle phase is a bit cloying.
    Ok, I'm done
    l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

I loved it on my wrist, but when I gave it a full wear it seemed very "home-made" to me. Like I was wearing something that a (talented) friend had thrown together for me, rather than a professional composition.
    I wish I could shake that feeling, because a lot of people who's opinions I respect on BN dig it. And Tauer is the kind of business I'd like to support.

I have received compliments everytime I have worn this.. amazing stuff.. that's just me. nothing else smells like it.. I get sand, etc.. it lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    I loved it on my wrist, but when I gave it a full wear it seemed very "home-made" to me. Like I was wearing something that a (talented) friend had thrown together for me, rather than a professional composition.
    I wish I could shake that feeling, because a lot of people who's opinions I respect on BN dig it. And Tauer is the kind of business I'd like to support.
    Exactly my feeling when I wrote i think it's not well blended. It does have a sort of high level amateur vibe to it, which does not make it a bad fragrance at all, it just does not come together for me.
    I'm kin dof relieved someone else feels that too! There's so much hype around this frag...
    l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

I'd agree with others who think it is too much... relentless and strong. I can see it getting compliments because of the sillage, and it is a nice frag to smell occasionally but I don't want to be stuck wearing it, I feel like a human scent dispenser.

Received a sample of this yesterday having placed an order with Les Senteurs on Friday.

On top of getting the Amouage mini collection yesterday, Tauer muscled its way to the front of the queue this morning, and gets its first wear today. I absolutely love the fragrance, and will look to get a full bottle as soon as i'm in the market for a new bottle (otherwise known as payday).

Received two compliments by lunchtime, which is always a pleasant bonus.

I just bought a bottle and it's one of my current favorites. No doubt a master piece.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler-durden View Post
    Received a sample of this yesterday having placed an order with Les Senteurs on Friday.

On top of getting the Amouage mini collection yesterday, Tauer muscled its way to the front of the queue this morning, and gets its first wear today. I absolutely love the fragrance, and will look to get a full bottle as soon as i'm in the market for a new bottle (otherwise known as payday).

Received two compliments by lunchtime, which is always a pleasant bonus.
    Great fragrance and a masterpiece to boot. Though the samples from Les Senteurs have now gone up to 5 a sample, crazy price for one of those small vials.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Great fragrance and a masterpiece to boot. Though the samples from Les Senteurs have now gone up to 5 a sample, crazy price for one of those small vials.
    Yeah, I couldn't find it anywhere locally to sample instore, and not sure next time in Belgravia.

5 is a hefty price for a tiny vial, but curiousity definitely got the better of me on this one and took the plunge.

Where do you British basenoters get your samples? I'm often apprehensive to try overseas site as worry about damage with extensive shipping etc.

Apart from in stores I to before the increase got a lot of samples from Les Senteurs but not now. Luckyscent is good though their phials are even smaller than Les Senteurs and again the price with P&P makes you think twice. The perfume court keeps the Vegas spirit alive with the hefty charges for a small sample. You cannot get away with been shafted, you can get half a dozen or so samples for the price of a full bottle.

If I could take back one thing I said in this post it would be the "never intrusive sillage" remark. LOL.

Ya gotta go easy on the trigger with LDDM. It's powerful stuff!

Plus 1 to all positives. The way LDDM maintains its sillage is freakish. By hour 4 and 5 its projecting on me about 80-90% from the original spraying.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Blog Entries

This Frag is amazing for me. I receive many many compliments. Only second to my signiture, which is. Silver Factory...
    LOOKING FOR DECANTS OF ANY O. Durbano, ANY Hilde Soliana, BOISE VANILLE, COLOGNE POUR LE SOIR, MUSC RAVEGEUR, AND ROSE 31 TO SWAP:.:wink

It's my holy grail.
    Not for every day though, I wear it only for special occasions.
    Sillage and longevity? Yes, superb.

Every time I smell this I am smiling.

Just answering the sample questions - you can buy them directly from Tauer, just check out his website.

As for the LDDM, I'm still testing it myself and to be totally honest I'm not sure about it. It's ended up feeling a bid one dimensional to me with the smooth Tauer base + vetiver going on for a long time with little development.
    So far I much prefer Zeta and Une Rose Chypre but well see how the relationship grows.

I love this stuff as well. I will say at first i never reached for it since i felt it was difficult to wear at times, but imo its a scent best used for going otu at night or being out doors. Wore this to work one day and felt it was a bit too much. Its very tricky scent as well, since the sprayer on this is horrible, and shoots out downward, so i find myself over applying becuase it just doesnt' feel like enough juice, but maybe that was done intentially becuase its so strong...

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Odd questions... I have two bottles, the more recent ones that come in the tin. One of them has Andy Tauers autograph on the sleeve insert inside, anyone else have this in theirs? Is it a recent thing or was it for just one particular batch/lot number?

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    Odd questions... I have two bottles, the more recent ones that come in the tin. One of them has Andy Tauers autograph on the sleeve insert inside, anyone else have this in theirs? Is it a recent thing or was it for just one particular batch/lot number?
    No, I got that too. I think he's just that kind of guy... Nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    So PM, i don't hear you talk about this one much, unless i missed the thread. How does this one do for you as far as compliments? I'm really starting to enjoy this the more i wear it, but have yet to really wear it around a lot of pepole. Also, is it just me or do all the sprayer on taeurs spray very little

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

It's not just you, the sprayers really don't seem to release much. I actually haven't worn LDDM in public a whole lot, I just don't view it as much of a people pleaser.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝