Code of Conduct

Default YSL M7 has to be one of the most popular designer men's fragrance in the fragrance world

I know Le Male may be #1, but YSL M7 has to be next in line. Also you can't buy M7 at your local fragrance store here in the United States, but just reading what is said about this fragrance, it's up there with the Le Male.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: YSL M7 has to be one of the most popular designer men's fragrance in the fragrance world

Actually, M7 was a sales dud...

Default Re: YSL M7 has to be one of the most popular designer men's fragrance in the fragrance world

About four years ago Basenoters were raving about it. It seemed like they couldn't get enough of it.

Now discontinued , or at least what I was recently told at the YSL counter ???

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Now discontinued , or at least what I was recently told at the YSL counter ???
    That would be disappointing but I also wouldn't believe an on counter sales person. It's still listed on the YSL website.

I think it's much less wearable plus from my understanding and memory was nowhere near as generally popular with the buying public.

It's a nice scent that I like to have a small decant of, but I solid my bottle and don't regret it. I probably only wear it like 1-2x a winter and that's it.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

M7 =

I like M7 Fresh

Well, Le Male isn't so popular on basenotes. But yeah M7 was along the lines of Musc Ravageur, Jubilation XXV, Pure Malt and the other pop stars on here.

Just try to get the vintage bottle which is red/brownish all over, not the one only red from the front side.

M7 is a great scent

For a while, I felt like M7 was fighting with me every time I wore it. Lately, I've gone back to it and we get along great these days. I don't know how popular it is-- I've only smelled it twice on someone else. Still, I do recall getting some very enthusiastic comments on M7 from a girl I used to date.

It can be a tricky scent. The line of body products is very good, but I used to layer them (they each smell a bit different), and in my experience it was overkill. When I learned to go easy on this one, I found it much more suitable.

Now that I've smelled a bazillion different "oud" scents, I appreciate M7 even more.

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    I know Le Male may be #1, but YSL M7 has to be next in line. Also you can't buy M7 at your local fragrance store here in the United States, but just reading what is said about this fragrance, it's up there with the Le Male.
    No. YSL M7 is nowhere near Le Male in sales. Its not even in the top 100 or even 200 in sales for mens fragrances. KMF said it right. It was a sales dud.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Its not even in the top 100 or even 200 in sales for mens fragrances.
    Are lists like that avalible anywhere online to see?!

M7 and Le Male are great fragrances.....Armani's Gio Pour Homme is still the #1 fragrance.....I know this just kills many here at Basenotes but it is true.....Gio is #1 in sales and probably the #1 hated fragrance at Basenotes!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Actually, M7 was a sales dud...
    I was going to say. In the US it may be one of the biggest sales flops out there.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Sur la Plage

M7>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >Le Male
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Wich One stink the most??

See above:

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    M7>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >Le Male

Cmon, Le Male is great!

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I was going to say. In the US it may be one of the biggest sales flops out there.
    Is it because no one in the western world enjoy what's called OUD?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Yes, it just has to be! Too bad it isn't. LOL.

M7 is amazingggggggggggg!!But it is not very popular....

I love M7!

Not popular at all, but a good scent nevertheless. It's less wearable than any of the other YSLs (except maybe Kouros), but that aoud note is intoxicating.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    M7 and Le Male are great fragrances.....Armani's Gio Pour Homme is still the #1 fragrance.....I know this just kills many here at Basenotes but it is true.....Gio is #1 in sales and probably the #1 hated fragrance at Basenotes!!!
    Gary
    i was at the mall this past sunday. every teenager in the world was there. they all wear adg. copious amounts of adg. not sure what it WAS, but it IS a kids cologne now.

Banned

M7 is yet another example of a bold and unique designer fragrance that was essentially rejected by the buying public (at least in the US). I wore it just the other day and was reminded how unique it is. It was so different from anything at the fragrance counter when it came out - I can imagine it would be a hard sell when everything else is aquatics and other garbage. I give YSL props for keeping it around this long because most other houses would have dropped it a long time ago (i.e. D&G By Man).

Quote Originally Posted by M.David View Post
    M7 is amazingggggggggggg!!But it is not very popular....
    It is not popular in the US because you can't buy it at your local fragrance store. That's a good thing because less people will be wearing it... the only people who will know about M7 are the hardcore fragrance geeks...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Why So Serious?

A masterpiece of the 21st century that's for sure, but the shower gel has left me with a longer lasting impression than the fragrance itself.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

One of the best designer scents made
    the Oud in there is mystical
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Quote Originally Posted by Hasupk@gmail.com View Post
    One of the best designer scents made
    the Oud in there is mystical
    yes, I agree...M7 is very mysterious...an enigma of a fragrance...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

I just remarked yesterday that I've only smelled M7 on other people twice, ever. Oddly, tonight, I just encountered it again. My bar was packed and somebody was definitely wearing M7-- not a huge overapplication that filled the air, but rather a nice judicious amount, and it smelled really good. I detected it for a very long time and it was nice.

It's not the easiest scent to pull off and it's not the most versatile, but when it works, it really works.

Is it because no one in the western world enjoy what's called OUD?
    Not for the scent itself. The full-frontal nude ad didn't go well with the public. You can see it here.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    M7 is a great scent
    I believe it is as well. Unique and sexy.

+"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Blog Entries

Considering it's discontinuation, I'm gunna say no to the whole popular part

I have M7, but could never really warm to it much.

In what region of the world is Le Male a number one seller?
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    Considering it's discontinuation, I'm gunna say no to the whole popular part
    Popular in the fragrance world = fragrance geeks... I have it on today, and wow it's wonderful... cloudy, rainy, dark and cold here in Michgian today...goes very well with the weather...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Woah dude you could have warned us that the full frontal was a dude. Anyway M7 is awesome I have sampled some oil of it, and it's one of those scents that is so rare, but so awesome that it could be your own personal scent in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by dwrestle View Post
    Woah dude you could have warned us that the full frontal was a dude. Anyway M7 is awesome I have sampled some oil of it, and it's one of those scents that is so rare, but so awesome that it could be your own personal scent in a way.
    +1, yeah I'm not into dude either....Keira Knightley from Coco Chanel YES! Not a dude...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Cmon guys it's just a penis - hardly confronting.

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    Cmon guys it's just a penis - hardly confronting.
    Yeah, I know... but some of us are not into sword fighting...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Just bought a bottle last week along with a bottle of M7 Fresh. I guess I was lucky because I got the all brown bottle and I've heard that the newer bottles with the brown stickers on one side have a reformulated version. I live in Florida so the fresh version is much better, but I do love the smell of the original. Definately a winter fragrance.

Yeah, I know... but some of us are not into sword fighting...
    Exactly. And when you watch any dirty movies, you have to make sure to look only at the space directly AROUND the guy's weiner. Otherwise... lol.

Gotta try this one out one day...

I recently picked up a small bottle...wore it for the first time today. I'm glad I read some of the reviews on here warning about how strong it was, because I would've bombed out the whole shop otherwise. I sprayed once on the chest and I have smelled it since 8 this morning and it's almost midnight... I really enjoyed it all day. Although, at some times, it smelled like a cereal that I can't place...

Is there a major difference between the original (all red bottle) and the supposed re-formulated bottle (one side red sticker)?

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    I recently picked up a small bottle...wore it for the first time today. I'm glad I read some of the reviews on here warning about how strong it was, because I would've bombed out the whole shop otherwise. I sprayed once on the chest and I have smelled it since 8 this morning and it's almost midnight... I really enjoyed it all day. Although, at some times, it smelled like a cereal that I can't place...
    Fruity Pebble
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Is there a major difference between the original (all red bottle) and the supposed re-formulated bottle (one side red sticker)?
    I've heard that the new formula is much weaker, but I've not tried it myself. Personally I like M7 Fresh better and wish they would either reformulate this or make an extreme version.