Code of Conduct

Unhappy Bad Creed's Longevity!!

Hi!!
    I love Creed scents, but unfortunately all of them have a very bad longevity on my skin.
    I used
    SMW
    MI
    EROLFA
    RW
    OS
    OV
    VETIVER EDT
    I don't understand WHY!!
    Few years ago my favourite scent was Kiton men that stayed on my skin about 12 hours.
    Why Creed not?!? I have more bad examples with Millesime line (about 3 hours), EDT (about 4/5 hours)
    Please, let me know something
    Francesco

Default Re: Bad Creed's Longevity!!

In my experience, Creed doesn't last very long for me either. Which is too bad because they smell great. I always have to keep a small vial on me when I wear Creed.

i know
    i own and love viw, great scent, love the smell
    But longevity and sillage is a joke, a mockery

Actually, most Creed's perfumes have poor longevity.
    Try Royal Water, Green Irish Tweed, Aventus and Bois Du Portugal.
    These four will stay for several hours on your!
    Last edited by sailim; 14th April 2011 at 08:03 AM.

I have Original Santal and Millesime Imperial and they both only last about 4 hours max on my skin, its a shame, but they smell great so I don't mind as much.

SMW is the longest lasting out of all the Creed's I've tried. Even at that it's still very faint after about 2 hours. I blame it on the whale's vomit. I've heard that it isn't the synthetic version which explains why it doesn't last.

Sur la Plage

I think their longevity is very good. It was reported that you could still smell Neroli Sauvage on Tutankhamun when they unearthed his tomb.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I think their longevity is very good. It was reported that you could still smell Neroli Sauvage on Tutankhamun when they unearthed his tomb.
    And that is a scientific fact!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Silly me! I always thought it was Akhenaten

Despite their not-too-cheap prices, some Creeds need to be applied more liberally than more economically-priced frags. However, of the ones initially mentioned, SMW, OV, OS and MI are quite long-lasting, IMO.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

It's all about skin chemistry I guess. I have no problem with longevity.

I get really good longevity from Royal English Leather, Royal Delight and Bois du Portugal. If you're looking for something that lasts longer, these might be worth trying.

Most of the mainstreams have spotty longevity. Aventus can be ok, depending on which batch you get.

GIT, VIW etc... poor.

Its too bad really!
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

GIT, Bois du Portugal and the pepperminty one last well on me. WIth MI, my nose does not detect it but my wife says it is as strong as GIT.

I have discovered one important factor in my own personal exploration of the Creed line. Inconsistent longevity has a great deal to do with lot numbers with their product. I just recently purchase Original Vetiver and the scent was gone after 15 minutes after spraying my hand. I returned the bottle for a different lot number and I applied the scent to my hand again. This lot number was detected after washing my hands once and subsequently doing a load of dishes. Go figure.
    - Expect the unexpected

Try Royal Delight

This is the main reason I never purchased a full bottle of any Creed. Almost every review I read they mention spotty longevity. I bought a decant of Aventus last month and it didnt last very long. I refuse to pay 150-200 dollars for a frag that disappears after 3-4 hours. thats just me.
    twitter.com/_notufatjesus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    It's all about skin chemistry I guess. I have no problem with longevity.
    Agreed - Creed fragrances last anywhere from 8 to 14 hours on me.

There are things you can do to increase longevity, though. Try those.

Thank you guys!! Now I'm using mt Vetiver EDT and I really LOVE it!!
    I found 1 8.4 bottle of Cuir de Russie at 200 USD!! Maybe I will try it! What do you think about Vetiver EDT? Personally I think that is one of the best Creed EDT ever, with REL!

Try Tabarome Millesime. Elegant, proffessional, fresh and warm, with excellent sillage and longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Francesco View Post
    Thank you guys!! Now I'm using mt Vetiver EDT and I really LOVE it!!
    I found 1 8.4 bottle of Cuir de Russie at 200 USD!! Maybe I will try it! What do you think about Vetiver EDT? Personally I think that is one of the best Creed EDT ever, with REL!
    I get excellent longevity from Vetiver 1948 and several other Creeds--BdP, GIT, VT, REL, and BdS to name a few. Aventus and SV have more than acceptable longevity. Neroli Sauvage and Bois de Cedrat are gone in an instant on me.

I'd think you'd get really good longevity from CdR and it is a steal at that price. Good luck, Martin

Now, is about 1 month that I'm wearing Vetiver 1948 and really LOVE it.
    In Italy at the momentyou can easly find it. I bought the 75 ml and 250 ml flacon.
    My ask is: Is this scent really discontinued??
    The official shop in Italy (calè in Milano) told me that there are not problem to find this scent and taht there are now a good quantity of bottle in stock!!
    Why on english and US website is out of stock!!
    I really hope taht Creed will produce this scent yet!
    Ciao!!
    Francesco

Now, is about 1 month that I'm wearing Vetiver 1948 and really LOVE it.
    In Italy at the momentyou can easly find it. I bought the 75 ml and 250 ml flacon.
    My ask is: Is this scent really discontinued??
    The official shop in Italy (calè in Milano) told me that there are not problem to find this scent and taht there are now a good quantity of bottle in stock!!
    Why on english and US website is out of stock!!
    I really hope taht Creed will produce this scent yet!
    Ciao!!
    Francesco
    When current supplies run through the system. Vetiver 1948 will probably not be made for several years. I believe most of the grey cap Creed Edt fragrances are in the process of being "taken to the vault." Some day down the road there might be a special release of Vetiver 1948...at pricing that is commensurate with the times. Vetiver 1948 probably wasn't selling well worldwide. I'm glad you found a supply to last you a long time. I've done the same thing as I like it too.

Francesco, would you check with Creed Italy to see if they have any green flacons of Selection Verte in stock gathering dust (Thanks)?

Martin
    Last edited by Jazznpool; 22nd April 2011 at 09:02 AM.

Martin, two weeks ago, they had the last one bottle of selection verte 8.4 oz in new trasparent flacon.
    It costs € 295, about $ 430.
    Ciao

Martin, two weeks ago, they had the last one bottle of selection verte 8.4 oz in new trasparent flacon.
    It costs € 295, about $ 430.
    Ciao
    Thanks, I'm in real good shape on clear flacons of SV--still a very worthy citrus/ mint fragrance IMO.

Martin

Yeah, It's a very nice scent!
    At the moment I'm not sure if buy a bottle of Original Vetiver or Green irish tweed.