Code of Conduct

Default L'Anarchiste in summer? ..and other spicy orange frags

Hi, I'm looking for a new spice and orange summer frag. So far, Bvlgari Omnia (the original one) and L'Anarchiste look very promising, but I'm not sure whether L'Anarchiste works in warm to hot weather. Thoughts?

Please do to point me to other fragrances in the same vein as well. I own Concentree d'Orange Verte - beautiful but not spicy enough. TdH and Creeds Orange Spice are out of the question also.

Default Re: L'Anarchiste in summer? ..and other spicy orange frags

I don't know about the summer temperature and humidity where you are man, but with the strong heat and humidity here in italy L'Anarchiste is just too much with its metallic olfactive armour.
    I suggest you to try Malle Bigarrade Concentré if you like bitter orange, it's fantastic how its spiciness works well in the heat.

Post Thanks / Like

Why is Orange Spice is out of the question for you? It is very similar to Kouros which you give 5 stars to in your wardrobe. I think Orange Spice and Kouros shine in the heat.

I live in a moderate climate and have no problem with L'Anarchiste in the summer. Terre d'Hermes is the only fragrance I have that becomes very cloying at the height of summer.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like

Cartier Declaration (+ the Essence version which is more similar to TdH but different (lighter) enough ) is very good in summer.
    Last edited by sanatik; 27th February 2009 at 01:47 PM.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Magnifiscent, Bigarade Concentree by Frederic Malle is a great choice, but a little pricey (which is why I don't own a bottle).

Also try Harissa (Series 2: Red) by Comme des Garcons.

L'Anarchiste applied lightly is absolutely amazing in the summer. The heat brings out a whole different side of the frag.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Why is Orange Spice is out of the question for you? It is very similar to Kouros which you give 5 stars to in your wardrobe. I think Orange Spice and Kouros shine in the heat.
    That's the point: The Creed has a high price tag but doesn't seem to wear that much different from Kouros. But I think I'll revisit. Bigarrade Concentree was also on my list, but - just like OS - a bit over my budget.

It is very wearable in the summer, specially the summer nights, close to the beach and with a chilled drink on hand.

Why not? It certainly has some tropical affinities in the blend. Not on a real hot humid day though. Too musky.
    Last edited by Cerberus; 27th February 2009 at 07:33 PM.

MPG's Pour Le Jeune Homme is a great spicy orange frag although the longevity really is quite bad, and most frags last forever on me. Still, very good, very natural smelling, and definitely worth a sniff.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Off-Scenter

I actually prefer L'Anarchiste as a summer scent, but I live in a relatively cool-summer climate. I also second the votes for Bigarade Concentrée and Déclaration. (Déclaration is actually quite affordable, as that appears to be a consideration.)
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 28th February 2009 at 12:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Adding to the Bigarrade Concentree chorus, but I find L'Anarchiste works fantastically in summer.

L'Anarchiste shouldn't be much of a summer heat problem. Although it has something that can best be described as a tannic quality, that may stick in the back of your nose during extreme weather, but again, it may be neutralized by its cooling camphor accord.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 28th February 2009 at 05:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow - all this love for Bigarade Concentrée... I was really, really put off by the B.O.-smelling cumin.

A while ago I did my own week-long spicy-orange test, trying a ton of orange fragrances. My favorite turned out to be L'Artisan's Ananas Fizz.

Imagine a strong orange peel dipped in black pepper and sprinkled with peperoncino (the red pepper flakes you put on pizza). With a bit of pineapple on the side. It's not too sweet, so it won't turn "girly", even in the heat.

It's not cheap, either, but much less than Malle or Creed (it's $90 for the smaller bottle at full price, but I'm sure you can get it cheaper online).

If you can, try to check it out. I spent some time on this and we obviously have similar tastes...

If you can find any, Feu D'Orange by L'Occitane is lovely, warm, deep dark orange and with a spicey edge. It would be wonderful in the summer.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

L'Anarchiste works great for me on summer. I love to wear it when the sun is going down and on evenings.

L'Anarchiste works all year round for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Old thread, but what the heck..... L'Anarchiste is now a staple for me in summer. It really blooms nicely and the spice really comes out well. In cooler weather, the fragrance seems too muted and flat. Summer really brings out the best in this one. I would have never realized it, because it is always heralded as a supposed great autumn and winter scent. More so autumn. But I really didn't think much of it in that type of weather.

Amazing how different climates bring out the best in certain fragrances.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Interesting...I haven't worn this one for a few months, and now that summer is here I'm going to have to give it a spin. Love this scent in winter, so I have my fingers crossed it will still thrill me in the heat.

Post Thanks / Like

When I'm in the mood for Orange Spice, I wear

http://www.dshperfumes.com/products-...l-aka-orange-2

I love this thread in the summer. For some reason it really shines in high temperatures.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't smell any orange in Anarchiste only Cinnamon. I live in Florida and I tried to wear it couple of times here but it's just to heavy and annoying so I ended up selling it.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.