Code of Conduct

Question Recommend me for spring/summer: YSL Live Jazz or Nautica Voyage or ...

Dear forum,

I'm looking for a new spring/summer frag. I'm an academic, 22 years old, more of the serious sophisticated type. Possible to wear it daily in warm weather, both to the university and clubbing.

Some requirements:

It has to be relatively easy to get
    Interesting in relation with my current collection
    Preferred not to break the bank, but can stretch budget if it's very much worth it

I currently own: Dior Fahrenheit EdT, Tabac EdT, Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EdT, Polo Blue EdT, Tommy Hilfiger Cologne, Tabac After Shave
    I bottomed: Mexx Men, Burberry Brit, Bruno Banani Magic Man, Beckham Instinct, Adidas Team Force (you see I really stepped it up a little, looking at what I currently own)
    And I tested and samples numerous other frags

I did some research and found that YSL Live Jazz and Nautica Voyage are very popular recommendations. I looked around but had no opportunity for sampling (only available online), so either of those two scents would be blind buys.

What can you guys recommend? Either one of these EdT's or another one?

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

ps. I've been lurking for a long time on this board and finally decided to sign up, it seems to be a very nice community here.

Default Re: Recommend me for spring/summer: YSL Live Jazz or Nautica Voyage or ...

Both good and can be found cheap. Have you tried Rive Gauche, Mugler Cologne?

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Recommend me for spring/summer: YSL Live Jazz or Nautica Voyage or ...

Live Jazz by far over Nautica Voyage.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Live Jazz.

L'Eau D'Issey summer edition flankers

Sound Scents

Live Jazz of the two you list. Others to consider are Menthe Fraiche by Heeley, Acqua di Parma Colonia and Cologne du Parfumeur by Guerlain.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

First and foremost welcome Jim! I think the two fragrances you picked are good one's but I don't think either one is going to meet your needs as they're both casual summer day fragrances. Live Jazz is nice, but it' a herbal fragrance and in my opinion it's not for everyone and it isn't a strong fragrance. Voyage is a great day time scent that is strong and basically smells like the ocean with a touch of seaweed. Both are great day scents.
    For a strong but not too heavy or cloying summer night or clubbing fragrance I'd recommend Givenchy Play Intense. It's around $40 to $50 a bottle, but it smells great, is strong, lasts long, and can also be worn in the day.

Maybe try out Chanel Allure Homme Sport. If that's too pricey Live Jazz is nice.

Live Jazz IMO!
    "Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each!" - Henry David Thoreau

Here a nice price adress in The Netherlands for Live Jazz:
    http://www.parfumsuper.nl/yves-saint...l=tradetracker

Of those choices I would say Live Jazz. I would recommend doing some research on this website though, read through some threads based on "summer" "warm weather" "aquatic" and "fresh" fragrances and you will find more suggestions than you'll be able to keep up with. Live Jazz is very good, especially for its price, but it is nothing special and not all that exciting. I have yet to meet a Nautica I have cared for...Millesime Imperial, in my opinion, fits what you are looking for, save probably the price.

Welcome, Live Jazz but Rive Gauche is better.

I would go with Rive Gauche, and pick up some Voyage a well.

Voyage. Live Jazz reeks of fake cilantro.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Banned

Live Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent

but try:

Aqua Fahrenheit by Christian Dior - This is a considerably toned down version of the original, masterpiece Fahrenheit. No negative connotation is implied or should be taken; rather, this is a distinctive composition, somewhat bright and fresh, with ties to the original.
    Initially, one is treated to a blast of sparkling grapefruit, with its sour greenness, tempered by a hint of sweetness from the mandarin. This invigorating, citrus melange is drawn to the heart by a nascent mint. Here, in the heart, the cool spearmint comes into its own with its sweet, green facets, and commingles with violet leaf, with its intense freshness and a hint of cucumber. Basil infuses the refreshing blend with a lively dusting of its lemon-like, savory herb. A very faint undercurrent of petro/gasoline can be sensed. Transition to the base, a rather ordinary, woods accord presents, and interplays with a light, almost airy, Haitian vetiver as well as a subtle leather. A placid drydown ensues. This high-quality composition is bright and fresh, and should prove to be very versatile. Having average projection and longevity, this scent will, indeed, shine in the spring, summer and fall.

&

Live jazz

I love Live jazz, however I experience longevity Issues.
    Nautica is friendly but not a big deal.
    I would suggest you Kenzo Homme Boisée - I confess I have changed my mind on this one, considering budget versus what it delivers, I would say it is a deal, I found this one here in the Netherlands for € 19,95

http://www.parfumerie.nl/koopjeshoek...toilette-spray

YSL Live Jazz

As far as daytime wear is concerned, Live Jazz! The fragrance seems to be somewhat skin-dependent though...I get a mint tea vibe with a drydown that reminds me of some Creed fragrances. It's not really much of a clubbing scent in my opinion, although I think it'd be perfect for a swanky rooftop dance party in a warm climate. Not sure where that image/association came from.
    http://soundcloud.com/lovejon

Blog Entries

Another vote for Live Jazz.

And welcome to BN!

I personally don't really care for either. Live Jazz just has this green note in it that I do not care for. I believe someone before me mentioned cilantro. Voyage isn't that bad. Only thing that makes it decent is the price. I would say go for something else if you can. I have both Live Jazz and Voyage and plan on getting rid of both.
    TOP PICKS
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille Creed Silver Mountain Water Creed Millesime Imperial
    Gucci Pour Homme II YSL La Nuit de L'homme Versace The Dreamer
    Burberry London YSL L'homme L'occitane Eau Des Baux