Code of Conduct

Default Which Amouage Attar do you like better? Homage or Tribute?

Which Amouage Attar do you like better? Homage or Tribute?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: Which Amouage Attar do you like better? Homage or Tribute?

to me
    Tribute smell is more specially and unique and nice apealing ( adictive - atractive )
    Homage , the emotions are positive and funny wear
    Homage is more versatille and easy wearing
    I wear Homage more frecuently than Tribute and ever
    wear Homage is pleasant experience.
    Tribute I need to choose well the moment ,
    ant the blended is very complex and Fascinate .

My first bottle of Amouage Attars was
    Homage Attar
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Quote Originally Posted by 1234567890 View Post
    to me
    Tribute smell is more specially and unique and nice apealing ( adictive - atractive )

Homage Attar

I like both, but I favor the Homage over the Tribute...but I like both...I really want a bottle of each, but that will cost like $700 USD.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

I prefer Asrar over both...but if I had to chose; Homage. I did get a 3ml decant of homage, however, I was disappointed. You've gotta understand that there's a huge variation in Homage batches, and the ones I sampled were more woody/ambery with some rose, though the one I got is all about the Rose. I know Homage is heavy on the rose but that might be too much for me. Oh well I'll probably sell it or trade it...

I'm not sure about Tribute though, if I remember correctly it was slightly harsher than homage, of course both are pretty sweet. Homage is just more versatile I would say, and more "western". I'd say give Asrar a try though, it's Saffron/Rose/Amber...mostly saffron though.

I like Homage more but could only wear Tribute as Homage is to feminine on my skin.

Both very different beasts , as mentioned Homage is the more floral of the two not overly feminine IMO but easier to wear . Tribute is very thick smoky and dense , takes forever to work its way down to the basenotes . Both are very special .

It depends on what you're looking for as they're very different from each other.

However, I feel that Tribute is more special because...
    1) Homage is all treble, while Tribute is treble AND bass. It has a level of depth / dimension that isn't found in Homage. While Homage is a rose scent that is 'floating' mid-air, Tribute feels perfectly grounded.

2) I feel it's "made from scratch" on a blank canvas -- I can't really detect other of Amouage's attar in it. While on the other hand, in Homage, they've clearly blended in a large amount of Al Andalus (Orange, Lemon, Sandalwood), which in turns gives it a more "western" feel. Amouage's Jasmine attar is also present and can be noticed. It's as if they've told their perfumers to whip up something that will please the western market by mixing and matching stuff they already released.

... And to answer your original question -- I would choose Homage over Tribute any day. I find it easier to wear, more pleasant, and less synthetic-smelling. (like that glaring tobacco note in Tribute) I don't mind if one of my favorite scents were a result of mixing and matching older stuff.

Tribute is one of the most unique best fragrances ever made....too bad the dark vetiver in it smells like poison in my skin. When I smell it on cloth I can't believe what a fragrance it is. How the rose keeps coming in and out of the smokeyness. Wish I could wear it! I just sold mine.

Homage is one of the most beautiful fragrances ever made! Both are so top notch. If you can wear C&S no88 then homage is a much better version.

I just tried al andalus. It smells just like GIT but a bit sweeter and with some orange and vanilla. It's like a feminine more complex version of GIT. It's great wish I could wear that too. Just too feminine.

Al mas smells like a more complex version of montale red aoud.

Molook is just taifi and ambergris but is great! Top notch ingredients.

Amouage attars like their sprays are one notch better then almost everything made.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

Homage for my Wife
    Tribute for me...........

Homage no question.

Banned

They are both fantastic. I like Tribute slightly more, while Homage is more versatile.

sounds like a mix...1/2 for Homage and 1/2 for Tribute.....both are very unique and great!
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Quote Originally Posted by 1234567890 View Post
    to me

Homage Attar
    All of the above. Me too.

Tribute for me, although I would prefer the top notes to persist for longer.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir4 View Post
    Tribute for me, although I would prefer the top notes to persist for longer.
    So you must like the tobacco note?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Homage by miles (2009 white box, haven't tried more recent one) but I have recently ordered Tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    So you must like the tobacco note?

Well it is more the combination of tobacco and saffron. The saffron in particular dwindles out much too quickly but overall this scent is simply fantastic, however Homage is not too far behind though.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

If you decide to get some Homage, I may split some with you. I love them both. However, it was just recently brought to my attention that the last batch of Homage smells more like a detergent and the longivety was less. I guess that is why dredm... compared it to C&S 88 as it has a shaving cream feel to it. The earlier batch is much better from what I understand.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Scentdawg:

your point on Homage seems to correspond to my experience as well. I smelled it a few years ago and it was a glorious, radiant floral with incense and more. I smelled it in December and it was just a pale orange blossom thing. A total let down. Is this another sign that the once reputable firm is going downhill? We were having this discussion in another thread about the forthcoming Opus VI.

In constrast, Tribute was still big, with an enormous tobacco note, warm and extremely persistent. I bought Tribute, of course.

In december, I smelled other oils, and I'd still like to know which one (I didn't write it down) smelled like a slice of parmesan cheese left for days under the Muscat sun.

cacio

Cacio,
    I'm not too sure that you want to remember the lady one you mentioned. Probably why the name escapes you.lol
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Indeed! But it's useful to know to avoid it... But, more seriously, I was wondering too if the carrier oil had become rancid. Cheese is also made of fats.
    But I'll stick to Tribute (and I own Molook as well)

cacio

Tribute for me, by far.

There is HUGE batch variation of Homage, enough that there was some uncertainty about the authenticity of a small decant I bought. Since then I have talked enough with the person who sold it to me and I believe it is real, but compared to an older batch that Scentdawg sent me a sample of, it is of much lower quality and has a more of a soapy/shampoo accord in it. If I had an older batch and then got a recent batch, there is no question I would return it to Amouage. However, as good as the Homage was that I got from Scentdawg, it is still a soapy, feminine rose frag that seems very much like a western perfume. It is something I can appreciate, but I'll never wear. Also, the value for money with Homage seems really bad, it is probably the most expensive frag per application I have ever seen. It requires quite a bit more oil to be applied compared to Tribute and several mukhallats and pure oud oils I have samples of from agaraura, but the price is still quite high. I estimate Homage costs several times the price of Tribute to wear, or any other frag I have ever experienced, so it's value for the money is really poor.

Also, Tribute has a bit of a synthetic-smelling edge to it, especially at first. Not sure what's up with that.... I have a mL of it, will have to see if it gets replaced, so far I'm not 100% sure... $30+/mL is a lot of money.