Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 63
  1. #1

    Smile Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    I think this may have been mentioned before as a rumour, but my local SA here in Dublin today actually told me today herself that this new fragrance is coming in September. She doesn't know anything about it other than the name and that it'll come out around the same time as the wide release of Lavender Palm and both will coincide with a new make-up range and male grooming products also. *phew*

  2. #2
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,014

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Hmmmm.... another violet - since there is Black Violet. It will be interesting to try.

    Although I know some will automatically dismiss it/pass on it since it is "not French".
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  3. #3
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    109,518

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I think this may have been mentioned before as a rumour, but my local SA here in Dublin today actually told me today herself that this new fragrance is coming in September.
    Won't hold my breath for this.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Well here is the trademark he took out for it so it should be true:

    http://www.trademarkia.com/tom-ford-...-85181348.html

  5. #5

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Hmmmm.... another violet - since there is Black Violet. It will be interesting to try.

    Although I know some will automatically dismiss it/pass on it since it is "not French".
    What people in general are dissing on American houses and why for that matter? The perfumers do fragrances for all nationality of houses and it doesn't change the quality.

  6. #6
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,014

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    What people in general are dissing on American houses and why for that matter? The perfumers do fragrances for all nationality of houses and it doesn't change the quality.
    You will have to ask those people why they do that. I am an equal opportunity sniffer.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  7. #7

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    Violent Blonde
    No thanks.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

  8. #8

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    By the way, there's a deodorant stick and after shave balm coming for Grey Vetiver in June too!

  9. #9
    6of1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Huntington, WV
    Posts
    258

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    By the way, there's a deodorant stick and after shave balm coming for Grey Vetiver in June too!
    Now that's some news! I have been wishing secretly for a bigger GV product line and now it's happening.
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    It is the private blend line or the regular TF one?

  11. #11

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Quote Originally Posted by seaofghosts View Post
    It is the private blend line or the regular TF one?
    She said it would be outside of the Private Blend line, along with Black Orchid and White Patchouli.

  12. #12
    adonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    3,515

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    No thanks.
    Damn good name for a porn star, though.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    No Grey Vetiver deodorant stick, just an after-shave balm. Was released back on the 7th June.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    No Grey Vetiver deodorant stick, just an after-shave balm. Was released back on the 7th June.
    That's odd, because she even showed me the in-house catalogue with the picture of the after-shave balm and deodorant stick. They must have decided against it in the end.

  15. #15
    pookerella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    While many of you gents say "nay," there's probably a good reason. Unless someone goofed on the spelling, "Violet Blonde" is meant exclusively for women. It's either got a vanilla note, or something equally "white" or "yellow/gold." My guess, offhand, would be a "white" note as that would probably go best with Violet and white notes are generally quite feminine.

  16. #16
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,014

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Quote Originally Posted by pookerella View Post
    While many of you gents say "nay," there's probably a good reason. Unless someone goofed on the spelling, "Violet Blonde" is meant exclusively for women. It's either got a vanilla note, or something equally "white" or "yellow/gold." My guess, offhand, would be a "white" note as that would probably go best with Violet and white notes are generally quite feminine.
    Anyone can wear any fragrance they want to - there is no such thing as "exclusively". If people want to place restrictions on what they wear, or God forbid even smell, then that is their choosing - but there are no set rules.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 3rd July 2011 at 11:56 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  17. #17
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    109,518

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Quote Originally Posted by pookerella View Post
    While many of you gents say "nay," there's probably a good reason. Unless someone goofed on the spelling, "Violet Blonde" is meant exclusively for women. It's either got a vanilla note, or something equally "white" or "yellow/gold." My guess, offhand, would be a "white" note as that would probably go best with Violet and white notes are generally quite feminine.
    Thanks. That's what I thought. Wife might be interested.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Anyone can wear any fragrance they want to - there is no such thing as "exclusively". If people want to place restrictions on what they wear, or God forbid even smell, then that is their choosing - but there are no set rules.
    Well put!

    Whilst Violet Blonde is the new women's scent being added to the Signature Collection, this most definitely does not mean it is meant to be exclusively for women. The labeling of fragrances being for women or for men, especially in the Tom Ford brand, is more of just a label as to whom it is being marketed to more.

    Take Black Orchid for example, marketed as being a women's fragrance......yet here in Australia it is actually purchased more by men (to where themselves) than by women, and is also the No.1 selling Tom Ford fragrance here. And on the other hand, you would be surprised by the amount of women I see purchasing 'Tom Ford for Men' and 'Grey Vetiver' for themselves. It is personal choice with no boundaries or rules.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Quote Originally Posted by pookerella View Post
    While many of you gents say "nay," there's probably a good reason. Unless someone goofed on the spelling, "Violet Blonde" is meant exclusively for women. It's either got a vanilla note, or something equally "white" or "yellow/gold." My guess, offhand, would be a "white" note as that would probably go best with Violet and white notes are generally quite feminine.
    *sigh*

    "white" note? what?

  20. #20
    pookerella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Anyone can wear any fragrance they want to - there is no such thing as "exclusively". If people want to place restrictions on what they wear, or God forbid even smell, then that is their choosing - but there are no set rules.
    Now, now, don't get your panties in a bunch, Mister! I was doing a little verbal detective work and responding to "hednic" and "dullah's" comments, and on the possible marketing plan for this particular fragrance.

    I never said you couldn't wear whatever you wanted, and I don't believe that in the first place. I was just saying that if some men are saying "no thanks," the reason will probably be because of the white note. Not all men feel the way you do. I wear men's fragrances, so I would never EVER tell you, or even imply, that you couldn't wear what you wanted.
    Last edited by pookerella; 8th July 2011 at 06:33 AM.

  21. #21
    pookerella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    Well put!

    Whilst Violet Blonde is the new women's scent being added to the Signature Collection, this most definitely does not mean it is meant to be exclusively for women. The labeling of fragrances being for women or for men, especially in the Tom Ford brand, is more of just a label as to whom it is being marketed to more.

    Take Black Orchid for example, marketed as being a women's fragrance......yet here in Australia it is actually purchased more by men (to where themselves) than by women, and is also the No.1 selling Tom Ford fragrance here. And on the other hand, you would be surprised by the amount of women I see purchasing 'Tom Ford for Men' and 'Grey Vetiver' for themselves. It is personal choice with no boundaries or rules.
    Never said you couldn't. Just said if you don't like it, the white note is probably why.

  22. #22
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,014

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Quote Originally Posted by pookerella View Post
    Now, now, don't get your panties in a bunch, Mister! I was doing a little verbal detective work and responding to "hednic" and "dullah's" comments, and on the possible marketing plan for this particular fragrance.

    I never said you couldn't wear whatever you wanted, and I don't believe that in the first place. I was just saying that if some men are saying "no thanks," the reason will probably be because of the white note. Not all men feel the way you do. I wear men's fragrances, so I would never EVER tell you, or even imply, that you couldn't wear what you wanted.
    Well you did say it was "exclusively for women"......

    Actually "some people" will say "no thanks" if it is "marketed to women" - period - no matter what the notes are.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 8th July 2011 at 09:58 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  23. #23
    Super Member YEAHBUDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    337

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Interested to try this. Looking forward to the men's grooming line more than anything though!

  24. #24
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,014

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    From fragrantica.com:

    Tom Ford has announced the release of his Signature Collection of fragrances by the end of this year. This collection represents a part of his latest make - up line. Of the three expected perfumes, the first one will be released in early September. It is named Violet Blonde and it is based on powdery notes of violet and iris. Two other upcoming fragrances are Jasmin Rouge and Santal Blush.

    Violet Blonde, glamorous and sophisticated, opens with violet leaf, Italian mandarin and pink pepper. The centerpiece of the composition consists of Tuscan iris absolute, Tuscan orris butter, Sambac jasmine and sampaquita. The base is home to elegant and sophisticated tones of musk, suede, cedar, vetiver and benzoin.

    Top notes: violet leaf, mandarin, pink pepper
    Heart: iris, orris butter, Sambac jasmine, sampaquita
    Base: musk, cedar, vetiver, suede, benzoin



    The alluring blonde Lara Stone was chosen to feature the campaign of the whole line. Violet Blonde will be available as 30 and 50 ml Eau de Parfum.

    Last edited by petruccijc; 5th August 2011 at 10:36 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  25. #25

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Thanks for the imput Joe. Sounds awesome. Powdery Violet and Iris..

    I liked the new bottle, the tag is different from the others in the line. I did not liked the ad, btw

  26. #26

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Mr. Ford, could we perhaps be a bit more literal in our ad campaign visuals?

    Still, I look forward to trying this.

  27. #27
    Moderator
    Sugandaraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    6,765

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    I'll be curious to try this one. Tom Ford is one of the few designer lines that still put out fragrances that can entertain me outside the exclusives.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Thanks for the update p. The Tom Fords line is my horizon for some thorough exploration.

    Interesting to see the comments above about anti-american fragrance sentiment. I didn't realise there was such a thing.

  29. #29

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    Interesting to see the comments above about anti-american fragrance sentiment. I didn't realise there was such a thing.
    Thatīs because there isnīt. bs if you ask me.

  30. #30
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,014

    Default Re: Tom Ford Violet Blonde

    Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    Thatīs because there isnīt. bs if you ask me.
    There is, but it is a minority - thankfully.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Violet / Ionone (not Violet Leaf)
    By Asha in forum Note Pad: Single Note Exploration
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 6th May 2015, 01:59 PM
  2. Violet/violet leaves for men - which one is your favourite?
    By irrbloss in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 28th September 2011, 02:03 PM
  3. Tabac Blonde
    By DOCPSYCHO in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 1st August 2008, 02:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000