Code of Conduct

Question How Green is YOUR Valley?

I have three Creed Green Valleys and they all smell different. There is definitely a common thread among the three but they all vary—in a significant way.

As I write this comparison I have all 3 on (one on each arm & one on one hand), and have continuously smelled them throughout the day.

The first was a 2oz decant acquired from a friend whose mom is an SA for Creed: Long lasting bergamot and mandarine top notes, smells fresh and almost bitter sweet (like worn off Citrus Bigarrade) with a faint vanilla base.

The second was purchased at NM: None of the top notes, a faint hint of black currant, and a real dry woody sawdust vibe (think 1/10th of Spice and Wood, or Bois D’Orage).

The third was a tester acquired online (with proper lot numbers on the bottle): Same top notes as the first but gone fairly quick (10-15min) then the black currant kicks in pretty strong (like from a pie) and stays there.

I like them all, but talk about batch variation! Now, every time I want to wear Green Valley I have to pause and think about which “verison” I want.

So, what does your Green Valley smell like?

BTW, I don’t get any of the mint accord that most people wrote about on BN. Maybe ‘cuz I’ve been wearing a lot of Malle Geranium pour Monsieur lately, which desensitized me?

Default Re: How Green is YOUR Valley?

Is this some kind of thinly veiled sexual euphamism

It's not good is it Of Creed that customers have to gamble their money on what batch of fragrance they are going to get. This issue is not only of Green Valley but Aventus, Green Irish Tweed and Millisime Imperial to. People are having to check batch numbers to get the variation of the scent they prefer. I even read on one thread that someone actually reserved a certain batch number because that one was better than others. This is so bad you never hear people having to check Amouage or Serge Lutens fragrances for a batch number to get a particular variation of the scent.

Creed need a big kick up the ass! lol

To me none of what you described sounds like Green Valley or the "real" Green Valley. You have to get some mint in the top notes, and there is a definite presence of both violet leaf and blackcurrants in the heart notes.
    -

In the only bottle I have, I get a citrusy opening followed by ginger and a current vibe. Mine has the ambergris and musk notes listed in the base.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    You have to get some mint in the top notes, and there is a definite presence of both violet leaf and blackcurrants in the heart notes.
    That's how mine is. And as it dries down, it starts to warm into a patchouli/sandalwood combo. The vanilla smells powdery in this one slightly. Fantastic scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    That's how mine is. And as it dries down, it starts to warm into a patchouli/sandalwood combo. The vanilla smells powdery in this one slightly. Fantastic scent.
    Likewise...and there is very bracing ginger in the top notes in mine; I love this one...I have a flacon that may be 3 years old now and just got another on the news that it's being discontinued...I'm very sad to hear that news if it's true, but I've not had any of the batch inconsistencies referenced here.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    To me none of what you described sounds like Green Valley or the "real" Green Valley. You have to get some mint in the top notes, and there is a definite presence of both violet leaf and blackcurrants in the heart notes.
    Like I said, I get blackcurrants in two of the three, but I have no clue what violet leaf smells like, so it could be there.

I do smell a veiled mint when I smell the spray tops/caps of all three, but it never comes out on my skin. Now with Geranium pour Monsieur I get a clear mint note that last a long while, so I don't think it's my nose--probably skin pH?

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I do get the same woody scent in all three, that was the "common thread" I alluded to in the beginning but forgot to mention, sorry. Yet it's definitely more pronounced in the second bottle.

On a side note, I don’t get how this is supposed to evoke a sense of golf, at least for me it doesn’t. I pretty much grew up around country clubs (seeing that my uncle was a PGA Tour Pro, and dad was semi-pro), and if I had to name a fragrance that really hits-the-nail-on-the-head when it comes to capturing that "scene," at least as I experienced it, it’s without a doubt Bois du Portugal.
    Last edited by JohnHarvard; 16th April 2011 at 12:40 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Do any of you find that Green Valley is similar to Green Irish Tweed? I see that comparison pretty often on here.

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    Do any of you find that Green Valley is similar to Green Irish Tweed? I see that comparison pretty often on here.
    Similar in name, a basenote, and probably some other things, but two very different fragrances to me; I find one to be floral, and the other woody. One never made me think of the other, so I never understood that comparison.

I saw the doctor and he gave me some pills so it's not green anymore....
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

The Bottle of Green Valley that I have now is not near as good as the last Bottle that I owned.....This will prevent me from making Creed purchases in the future that's for sure!!!
    Gary

Same goes for SMW - some batches are fruity fresh, others are attenuated with a vanilla cream-like note in them. And then there's Neroli Sauvage - some bottles last a long time, others disappear off the skin quickly.