Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances that smell wonderful...but you don't want to smell like it. (Mens/Unisex only)

Name a fragrance that you enjoy smelling but don't want to wear it.

For me: Millesime Imperial.

Probably one of the most pleasant smelling fragrances...I can probably smell it all day but for some reason I just do not want myself smell like this.

Default Re: Fragrances that smell wonderful...but you don't want to smell like it. (Mens/Unisex only)

wow there's a lot .. and i mean A LOT !! .. but on the top of my head .. 1 million , givenchy pi , and CREED SMW ...

Default Re: Fragrances that smell wonderful...but you don't want to smell like it. (Mens/Unisex only)

Most Serge Lutens ... if not all.

Killian Back to Black. Smells wonderful, but I just don`t want to smell like honey..

SMW. Love smelling it on the ladies, though.

Sur la Plage

None. If I think it smells wonderful, then I don't mind smelling like it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Cafe Noir and Amber Absolute (this one is a little hard for a College student)
    For Swap or Sell: Green Irish Tweed 4.0oz 55% full. Bond No. 9 7ml travel spray of West Side. Le Male 2.50z 92% full with stopper, no can.

Looking for: Aventus, Millesime Imperial, Virgin Island Water, Erolfa, Rose 31, Hypnose by Lancome, Platinum Egoiste. Still open to other offers, though.

If I think it smells wonderful I'll wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    Same here.

Arabie (As well as many other SL)
    Le Labo Iris 39
    Most heavy pure ouds.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Same here.
    Let me ask you this. What do you think of the smell of delicious hickory smoked bacon, fresh off the frying pan?

On the designer side I'll go with the Ed Hardy fragrances!!!
    Gary

Hardly any, just as said in other posts by previous posters, if I find that a scent smells wonderful, both my immediate reaction and my long-term attitude towards it almost certainly prompt to wear it

Quote Originally Posted by Bokchoy View Post
    Let me ask you this. What do you think of the smell of delicious hickory smoked bacon, fresh off the frying pan?
    Gee thanks. I wasn't hungry until this...

If you can get it into a bottle, sure, I'd wear it.

At 20, men tend to worry too much about what other people think of them. Somewhere around 40 they decide, the hell with it, I'm going to do what I want and I don't care what other people think. By the time they're 60 they realize nobody was thinking about them in the first place.

Banned

Spicy orientals in general, like YSL Opium and (vintage) Dioressence - great on the hand but I can't bring myself to wear either.

There are a few....

Epic Man by Amouage... in fact most Amouages are in this category for me, but especially Epic Man
    LDDM by Tauer
    Oud oil

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Well said, JC!

Quote Originally Posted by ROtto View Post

At 20, men tend to worry too much about what other people think of them. Somewhere around 40 they decide, the hell with it, I'm going to do what I want and I don't care what other people think. By the time they're 60 they realize nobody was thinking about them in the first place.
    And ROtto, I agree. Young men are too self-conscious, for the most part, to be individualists. Good observation. I would be great for a few young men to just not give a hoot and wear what they like, not caring if it's hip, trendy, or sure to "catch chicks" or "drop panties."
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Wow, there's wisdom here that goes waaay beyond fragrance. Thanks for the post.

Well said...

When I have the chance to find a fragrance that smells "wonderful" to me (and believe me it doesn't happen everyday), I usually can't find a reason not to wear it.
    Top 3 : Jaisalmer | Bulgari Black | Body Kouros

I agree that if something smells really good to me, I'll probably have no problem wearing it.

i don't think you guys get it ... like what if you think the fragrance smell yeah nice .. but it's kinda .. too young .. too old .. too spice or sweet .. like i know a guy in his middle 40's .. he loves the smell of love and luck by ed hardy .. but it feels to young so he doesn't wear it ..

Is this why 20-somethings are almost exclusively the ones with music blaring out of their car windows, thinking people are somehow impressed?

Joop! Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad14 View Post
    i don't think you guys get it ... like what if you think the fragrance smell yeah nice .. but it's kinda .. too young .. too old .. too spice or sweet .. like i know a guy in his middle 40's .. he loves the smell of love and luck by ed hardy .. but it feels to young so he doesn't wear it ..
    No, indeed, I don't get these age things, and if something is nice but "too much" on a note, then I probably won't call it "wonderful" but "interesting". And when I smell something I like, I don't think about any type of guys who "should" wear it, I just imagine me wearing it.
    What means exactly "too young" or "too old" ? Because you smelled that fragrance on younger or older guys, it does mean it's THEIR fragrance ? It doesn't make sense to me, but I respect your opinion, though
    Top 3 : Jaisalmer | Bulgari Black | Body Kouros

Not to sound conceited, but people actually do notice things. Of course, individuality is potentially a good thing--it means that people will notice you all the more.

Basenotes Plus

Most sweet prominently gourmand scents. I don't fancy smelling like I just popped out of the oven.

It honestly doesn't enthuse me but we're not talking about food here wer're talking about fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    +1.....

Off-Scenter

Oh how true...

That said, I have a few, including Black Tourmaline, Ténéré, Insensé, L'Ombre dans l'Eau, Burning Leaves, and Lonestar Memories
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 18th April 2011 at 04:00 AM.

It honestly doesn't enthuse me but we're not talking about food here wer're talking about fragrances.
    Just providing an example of how something could smell wonderful yet not something you'd want to smell like.

Good advice, gramps, but I don't see how this applies to this thread.

It's about the difference between enjoying a smell versus actually wanting to smell like that smell. Nobody said anything about worrying about what other people think of them. And there is a difference.

Noir de Noir (sometimes)
    AdG
    Lacoste Red Style in Play
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 18th April 2011 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    This one.

The pub ... Oh wait, I'm doing it wrong.

I also just slight necro'd this post.
    Last edited by JasonAnt; 7th August 2014 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Necro :|

Creed Virgin Island Water..just can't see myself rocking it.
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

For the moment that must be Chocolate Greedy. It smells wonderful but... 100% chocolate?

byandthrough

DHI does this for me. I think it smells great, but I ended up swapping it because I only felt comfortable wearing it at home.

1 Million
    Diesel only the brave..

Love both of them but just too overused around here, the clubs I go to reek of those 2 through the doors lol
    I want to stand out from the crowd not blend in
    Danny G Designs
    Freelance Graphic Designer & Body Builder

Why So Serious?

Ex-Idolo 33. I think it's a phenomenal fragrance and one of the best rose-based fragrances ever made, but too rosey for me to wear.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Andrea Maack Coven
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

For me, it's Dior Homme Intense. I find the drydown irresistable ... can't stop smelling it on myself over and over. But to me, it comes off as far too feminine (I realize many people disagree), no way I could pull off wearing it out