Code of Conduct

Default Winter Cologne Suggestions

Hey guy's. I'm from Australia and the cold season is right around the corner. I'm looking for some Winter Colognes and not to sure which ones to pick up. I have a budget from around $0 to $150 max. What I currently have for the cold Le Male, Pure Malt, Armani Code and 1 Million. I was looking to pick up Rochas Man. I'm looking after something that possibly is Masculine and Vanilla a mature type scent. I'm in college right now. So I'm looking for something good for class to wear as I am 17 years old. Any suggestions down below doesn't have to be anything what I describe above.

Default Re: Winter Cologne Suggestions

Egoiste by Chanel
    M7 by YSL
    Body Kouros by YSL
    Gucci Pour Homme I
    Chergui by Serge Lutens
    ...just to name a few

Or you can check this out: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/259...ances-for-2010

Try Chanel Egoiste or Kiehl's Original Musk.

Sur la Plage

Guerlain L'Instant pour Homme - EDT or EDP
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Last edited by Descartes; 26th March 2013 at 07:27 PM.

Winter Notes

Cypres, Pine , Incence , Spices : Peppery Gourmands ...

Amouage Memoir Man
    Ralph Lauren Polo
    Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles
    Marc Jacobos Bang
    Opium
    Opium Man
    Aramis
    Comme de Garcoms Incense Series : ...

Annick Goutal Incense Flamboyants
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Guerlain L'Instant pour Homme - EDT or EDP
    This is an excellent suggestion.

Egoiste

Burberry London for Men

I like either Rochas Man or Bond No.9 New Haarlem for winter. Smells like a cup of warm mocha.

Burberry London
    L'Instant (Guerlain)
    Givenchy Play Intense
    Mont Blanc Individual
    Le Male
    One Million
    Polo Double Black
    Rochas Man
    Paco Rabanne XS Black
    Body Kouros
    Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin
    Ted Lapidus Black Soul
    A*Men Pure Havane
    M7

Creed Epicea. You should be able to find it online at a price within your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by willyt View Post
    Hey guy's. I'm from Australia and the cold season is right around the corner. I'm looking for some Winter Colognes and not to sure which ones to pick up. I have a budget from around $0 to $150 max. What I currently have for the cold Le Male, Pure Malt, Armani Code and 1 Million. I was looking to pick up Rochas Man. I'm looking after something that possibly is Masculine and Vanilla a mature type scent. I'm in college right now. So I'm looking for something good for class to wear as I am 17 years old. Any suggestions down below doesn't have to be anything what I describe above.
    How cold does it get in the winter down there in Australia? Rochas Man only lasts around 4 hours on my skin in the cold weather. If you want a gourmand fragrance for the winter that lasts at least 8 hours, try Bond No. 9's New Haarlem.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

The appropriately named Winter Star by Neil Morris is one I like
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

It's unfortunate fragrance in Australia is so expensive compared to other countries. With our dollar being so strong right now I would buy online or when you travel. I'm also based in Australia and gearing up for winter. Reading what you currently wear my suggestions under $150 would be:

Comme Des Garcons, Dover Street Market (stocked by Mecca Cosmetica, or Assin if you are Sydney/Melbourne based)
    Tom Ford Extreme: (David Jones Sydney and Melbourne)
    Dior Homme Eau Noire: (Assin Sydney, Melbourne. Will be a bit over your price range but well worth checking out)
    Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme: (Mecca)
    Diptique L'Eau: (Mecca)

I write a blog for men's fragrances and have links to most of the local Australian sites where you can find what you are looking for. Myers and David Jones aren't that great if you are on the hunt for something different.

Good luck with your shopping!

This winter I will be favouring
    Byredo Fantastic Man
    Guerlain L'Ame D'un Heros

David Jones and Myer are the biggest rip of on colognes ever I swear lol, I'm thinking if getting L'Instant (Guerlain) possibly the Extreme version if I can find it. I would love to find sample of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille but unfortunately I can't. Since you guy's said Rochas Man only last for 4 hours I won't consider getting then. Bond No.9 is impossible to find in Australia and way out of my budget.

I have never had a problem with Rochas Man and longevity - do you have oily, normal, or dry skin where you normally apply fragrance?

Armani Code is a safe bet, great scent, great sillage, great longevity. Very popular though, so you may fnd that you're not the only one wearing it.

John Varvatos is nice as well. Personally, I think Chanel Allure Homme works in the winter, but your mileage may vary. Also Viktor & Rolf Antidote, but this one has so many notes that you'd definitely need to test it on your skin first. On me, it's like an oriental gourmand, which I quite like.

Tom Ford Extreme is another excellent choice for winter wear. You'll smell so much better than your classmates!

I'm the only kid in my school who wears colognes lol, I also have dry skin, since I have asthma I find that Armani Code is very intense and i can't breath properly when wearing in warm weather, in cold weather it works wonders. I have longevity issues due to my skin which is a downfall.

David Jones and Myer are the biggest rip of on colognes ever I swear lol, I'm thinking if getting L'Instant (Guerlain) possibly the Extreme version if I can find it. I would love to find sample of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille but unfortunately I can't. Since you guy's said Rochas Man only last for 4 hours I won't consider getting then. Bond No.9 is impossible to find in Australia and way out of my budget.
    L'Instant Extreme is a little bit mature for your age, IMO. Go with Dior Homme Intense instead.

I went to a cologne store to do some testing, and I had a whiffed of Chanel Bleu De and Burberry Brit Men, I loved them they all smelled so good, Dior Homme smelled like lipstick, bit girlish and metro in my opinion they don't stock Intense version in Australia. Which of these 2 should I get Bleu De or Brit, I can't choose which ones they smell that good.
    Last edited by willyt; 17th April 2011 at 02:59 AM.

Rochas Man, Gucci PH 1, Burberry London, CDG Avignon, New Haarlem and Musc Ravageur can all be found for under $150.

I went to a cologne store to do some testing, and I had a whiffed of Chanel Bleu De and Burberry Brit Men, I loved them they all smelled so good, Dior Homme smelled like lipstick, bit girlish and metro in my opinion they don't stock Intense version in Australia. Which of these 2 should I get Bleu De or Brit, I can't choose which ones they smell that good.
    If you like them the same, get Bleu de Chanel because you'll be able to use it year round. Burberry Brit is cold weather only, imo...

Yer I am very tempted to get Bleu De and heard reviews that alot of people love this fragrance, maybe I should get both , Which one do you reckon projects the most Bleu De or Brit ?

New Haarlem
    M7
    Tuscan Leather

Eau d'Hermes
    Mouchoir de Monsieur
    Royal Scottish Lavender
    Patou pour homme