Code of Conduct

Default My blind buy today - Molecule 01 by Escentric

Ok, I did some research on this fragrance Molecule 01 by Escentric and from what I read this fragrance is known as a love potion. You will get people to chase you around to ask you what you're wearing? I know that it's only a chemical, but I'm into enigma fragrance. I hope this is a good blind buy, because I just ordered it from Lucky Scent today for $135.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: My blind buy today - Molecule 01 by Escentric

Why not order a sample first?

Have been tempted by this range also. Would not mind trying them all. Be interested to hear your views. The Ambroxan one sounds good to me.

There are a lot of people who reckon they are just hype though.

Quote Originally Posted by baudilus View Post
    Why not order a sample first?
    Well when I read that even celebrities are wearing Molecule 01, I bought in...just like Creed GIT
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    Well when I read that even celebrities are wearing Molecule 01, I bought in...just like Creed GIT
    True. I read that Jessica Alba wears it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

@change1: would love to know your impression on this frag when you get it. =)

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    @change1: would love to know your impression on this frag when you get it. =)
    I will update you when i get it...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Isn't this just iso-e super? You could buy that for super cheap and dilute it down to ~10% and you'd have the same thing....

I'm not exactly sure how to read this.

I just put a little on my hand to test it but will reserve comment until you have formed your opinion.

Banned

You are aware this is simply Iso E-Super in dilution? Iso E-Super is roughly $100 for 1Kg.

Celebrities will wear what they get paid to wear or at least say they wear. I wasn't sure the whole Molecule stuff was bottle worthy, but I could see why people like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Celebrities will wear what they get paid to wear or at least say they wear. I wasn't sure the whole Molecule stuff was bottle worthy, but I could see why people like it.
    understand, but from what I read... when this product first launched, many celebrities wanted to get a bottle and it was sold out...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Many celebrities are also narcissistic and impulsive. I wonder how many of them had actually smelled it when they were trying to get a bottle, and how man were just trying to get in on the next new hype.

Personally I wouldn't do anything just because celebrities are doing it, but I hope you like it.

understand, but from what I read... when this product first launched, many celebrities wanted to get a bottle and it was sold out...
    and?

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    and?
    and I want to see what all the big dogs are hyping about? It must be something great for the big dogs to be barking... lol
    Last edited by change1; 17th April 2011 at 07:27 PM.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

I hope you enjoy it, but I really don't think you will considering what you do like.

and I want to see what all the big dogs are hyping about? It must be something great for the big dogs to be barking... lol
    I'm sure they were barking about that when it came out, and the latest creed when it came out, and the latest bond, etc etc
    acting skills don't always = good taste in fragrances

I don't see what's the big deal about a celebrity wearing any specific fragrance. Even if we assume they aren't getting paid to wear it and they simply like it, they're by no means fragrance experts. I care about the opinions of some veteran basenoters more than I care about celebrities.

Anyhow....I've been tempted to get a decant of it. I do have my own iso-e super perfume, and I want to see if they're exactly the same. Mine cost me $5 to make...and, it just smells like synthetic airy cedar/sandalwood. Haven't worn it yet because I find it too harsh up close, but then it disappears.

I recieved my bottle today , will try it out later.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

The Perfumer's Apprentice is having a huge sale on this fragrance at the moment.

However, the bottles there are different than elsewhere, which may indicate a reformulation.

nvm
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 23rd April 2011 at 04:47 AM.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    Isn't this just iso-e super? You could buy that for super cheap and dilute it down to ~10% and you'd have the same thing....
    +1, seriously, when you get it, return it, then buy 15ml of pure ISO E Super for $6, then buy a gallon of SD40 alcohol for $3.25. Mix the ISO E with 85ml of SD40 in a $3.20 100ml spray bottle. Write "Molecule 01" on it, because that's what you have.

$135, pfffft
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 22nd April 2011 at 10:18 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Yeah, I'm not down with this Escentric Molecules outfit--- I get it. It's kind of art schooly, but I'll look to CdG when I want something like that. Or just buy the 15 ML of pure Iso E Super for practically nothing..

Do we not think its a little unkind to turn around to someone and tell them that they have just wasted their money ? If he is happy with his purchase who are we to say otherwise , just sayin like ......

Yes, lets have your opinion on it. I was in the presence of a celebrity today and although I've never smelled this, he smelled what I imagine it to be; a light fresh whispy cedar???
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Yes, lets have your opinion on it. I was in the presence of a celebrity today and although I've never smelled this, he smelled what I imagine it to be; a light fresh whispy cedar???
    I wonder if it was this:

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

^who knows, I haven't smelled that one either. Who carries it? What is that? I'm not familiar with it.

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

^Ah, very well could be. It has a great description and I wouldn't rule it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    ^Ah, very well could be. It has a great description and I wouldn't rule it out.
    By the way, who was the celebrity?

The power of suggestion is incredible. Everything has been said about Molecole 1 but we should keep in mind that a great marketing campaign, together with a good outlook can do miracles. This scent is nice, somehow funny, and can be also pleasant but a single Iso E Super molecule it will always be a Single Iso E Super Molecule. Just try to immagine this is not called Molecole 1, it is not bottled in a fancy contenitor, and no-one absolutely talk about it. Now, in my ideal world, the only way to get a bottle of my-ideal "Iso E Suer" is to go to the chemist's and get it bottled in a blank decants, who would buy it??? No feromone effect here but a nice, soft woody musk accord. A good day / office fragrance, not too intrusive but with a good sillage. The "appearing / disappearing effect" is due to the molecule structure, so we can easily say it's related to chemistry and not to magic. Conclusion: Molecole 1 is quite ok but if you're ugly you can't fix the problem by simply wearing this one. Escentric 1 is much better, and at least is a perfume.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I have tried a few samples of this and I must say I was terribly disappointed. I actually couldn't smell anything and neither could anyone else. In my experience I would not recommend this to anyone.
    La vita Ŕ breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm wearing this today and loving it! I know it's a sort of antithesis to the perfumery process but hey, if it smells great I don't care! Reminds me of a lot of Creeds drydowns too - funny how they keep quiet about their use of this compound, guess it doesn't mesh with their natural marketing schpeel.

To the people saying just go buy some Super ISO E concentrate and mix with alchohol - are you being glib or would that actually work properly and create exactly the same aroma with longevity etc. I'm guessing noone in this thread has actually done this, so it's just supposition really. For all we know the producers might do a few other things to get it to work...

Quote Originally Posted by koala501 View Post
    I have tried a few samples of this and I must say I was terribly disappointed. I actually couldn't smell anything and neither could anyone else.
    My experience was similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Anť View Post
    To the people saying just go buy some Super ISO E concentrate and mix with alchohol - are you being glib or would that actually work properly and create exactly the same aroma with longevity etc. I'm guessing noone in this thread has actually done this, so it's just supposition really. For all we know the producers might do a few other things to get it to work...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/251...=1#post1826708
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/274...it-THAT-simple

In theory it really should work. I admit I've never tried because it doesn't seem like it would be worth the effort. But Escentic makes a big deal about how this scent is only ISO-E. A molecule is a molecule; there shouldn't be a difference. Someone in the first thread listed above did try it and found the results to be identical to Molecule 01. The second thread is people talking about the recipe on the DIY Board.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I cannot possibly imagine that there is any difference between two 10% dilutions of Iso E Super. It's possible that there are different 'grades' of the stuff, but I think that's unlikely. More likely is it's a specific chemical with a specific formula, and any two samples are identical. I'd send the bottle back.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    if you're ugly you can't fix the problem by simply wearing this one.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/251...=1#post1826708
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/274...it-THAT-simple

In theory it really should work. I admit I've never tried because it doesn't seem like it would be worth the effort. But Escentic makes a big deal about how this scent is only ISO-E. A molecule is a molecule; there shouldn't be a difference. Someone in the first thread listed above did try it and found the results to be identical to Molecule 01. The second thread is people talking about the recipe on the DIY Board.
    Thanks for that very interesting indeed! I certainly consider this frag full bottle worthy, and there would appear to be some significant savings to be had by using the DIY method. Very tempting I must say.