Code of Conduct

Default Still searching for Brylcreem fragrance...

After many years, I知 still searching for a fragrance that smells like the U.S. version of Brylcreem. (I know there is also a U.K. version that I think smells different, although I致e never smelled it) I知 talking about the original Brylcreem in the black tube.

I love this scent! I would describe it as a very fresh, soapy floral musk, with maybe a touch of vetiver in there, but try as I might I am unable to identify exactly what the notes are. I have never found anything similar to its smell.

Anyone feel the same affection for Brylcreem as I do, and has anyone come across anything that smells like it?
    的 wanna say something. I知 gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don稚, send it right back."

Default Re: Still searching for Brylcreem fragrance...

Shalimar EDP!! (ive only smelled Brylcreem in the UK though, so your version my be different)

http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/vie...9300f26118cfa9

A google search led me here. Not sure how reliable this is.

Oh I'm with you I've got a tube of Brylcreem so I can put it on somedays just to smell it

I too love the scent of Brylcreem, and of Suaves Groom and Clean. GnC is a spicy cinnamon scent, but I don't even know where to being trying to figure out what Brylcreem smells like.

Remember what it what it smelled like too - real nice.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it really is a great classic scent. (and good for the hair too, incidentally )

Thanks for the suggestion goldiloks. I don't remember Shalimar EDP smelling like the US version of Brylcreem, so yes, there must be a real difference in the smells of the US and UK versions.

Blue Nile from attarbazaar, very interesting! I'll order a small amount and see, thanks very much for the link LTAlien!
    的 wanna say something. I知 gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don稚, send it right back."

I've been after a fragrance that smells like Burts Bees anti blemish solutions face wash... its so specific :') I have no chance. I've figured it may be a Montale... gluey oud note.
    As for brylcreem, yeh its a hard one to put your finger on, I think someone would have picked up on a fragrance that smelt like it by now

I just picked up Mugler Cologne today primarily because I think it smells a lot like Brylcreem.

But now i'm going to return it tomorrow because it's so strong 3 sprays have given me a bad headache. Ugghh

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renard View Post
    But now i'm going to return it tomorrow because it's so strong 3 sprays have given me a bad headache. Ugghh
    Three sprays? Well no wonder! Did you forget? :sings: "Brylcreem. A little dab'll do ya. Brylcreem. You'll look so debonair. Brylcreem. The Gals will all persue ya. They love to run their fingers through your hair."--a little dab goes for Brylcreem wannabes too.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

The reason I don't use Brylcreem is because it smells SO STRONG - have you tried just using the Brylcreem without a SotD and see if it holds up?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    The reason I don't use Brylcreem is because it smells SO STRONG - have you tried just using the Brylcreem without a SotD and see if it holds up?
    Yes I have used it on its own, but I keep my hair pretty short so I only have to use a tiny amount and I don't get a lot of scent from it...but what I do get I really like!

I have smelled Mugler Cologne (but it's been awhile), I don't remember a similarity to Brylcreem, maybe I'l have to retest it sometime at Sephora.

In the meantime I still need to order that Blue Nile and see if that does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    The scent is only semi-strong for like 5 mins then fades a lot and stays classy like Ron Burgundy.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Three sprays? Well no wonder! Did you forget? :sings: "Brylcreem. A little dab'll do ya. Brylcreem. You'll look so debonair. Brylcreem. The Gals will all persue ya. They love to run their fingers through your hair."--a little dab goes for Brylcreem wannabes too.
    My Dad used tons of Brylcreem for years and now he has a big wide bald spot on the top of his head. He now uses Rose oil !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    My Dad used tons of Brylcreem for years and now he has a big wide bald spot on the top of his head. He now uses Rose oil !
    I hear you Mimi ..
    My uncle used tons of Brylcream for years & suffered the same consequences as your dad .
    But he loved brylcream so much that after done applying to his hair he rubbed the remainder on his sideburns & also moisturized his ears .... now he has more hair on ears that he has on his scull .
    He now uses Laser Hair removal .